• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

You cant compare power levels inside their respective worlds. You gotta compare power level of their creators since they are the most OP character in that universe. Kamiya vs Stan lee. I dont fancy Stan lee's chances especially if its a twitter fight.

You cant compare power levels inside their respective worlds. You gotta compare power level of their creators since they are the most OP character in that universe. Kamiya vs Stan lee. I dont fancy Stan lee's chances especially if its a twitter fight.

Young Hideki Kamiya looks like he came out of Yakuza 0. I think Stan the man would still be old man status even in the 70s.

jpg

Shadoken

Mega Man is looking like a beta in this trailer. :(

I mean X story concept is designed as a weak ( at the start ) MC with a lot of potential who rises up to the challenge. So ofc he gets beat up by the bad guys.

Someone like Wesker,Zero or Akuma though have to always be treated in a badass manner reagardless of how strong they actually are.

JimiNutz

Banned
This trailer just reminded me that I want the next Marvel fighting game to be Marvel only...

Maybe Ryu as a guest character or something but I would much prefer a Marvel only fighting game and actually think Marvel only would sell better. The Capcom cheese really puts me off.

Tizoc

My 5 cents regarding the control scheme; they will offer these options for controls chemes in Inf.

Traditional will keep stuff like dp motions, etc.
Simple sets it so double inputs can perform special moves, etc.
Casual lets you do Direction+Buttons to perform attacks

Young Hideki Kamiya looks like he came out of Yakuza 0. I think Stan the man would still be old man status even in the 70s.

jpg

He's supposed to invoke a Kamen Rider with his pose and jacket.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any more news since yesterday? like gameplay or something?

combo pls...plscombo

Lol that's just awkward af.
So awkward that so many pad players including me do it consistently and have never had a problem with it.

At some point, you just have to accept that you don't like the execution in these games and can't do it. Stop blaming control schemes and controllers.

He's supposed to invoke a Kamen Rider with his pose and jacket.
Little known fact: Kamen Rider was actually created by a time traveller who was so endeavered to Hideki Kamiya's antics that he went back in time to influence Japanese pop culture so that Hideki Kamiya would properly develop, thus ensuring his own time travel and creating a stable time loop.

It was on Google so it's true.

ElyrionX

So awkward that so many pad players including me do it consistently and have never had a problem with it.

At some point, you just have to accept that you don't like the execution in these games and can't do it. Stop blaming control schemes and controllers.

I can do it and I've probably been doing it longer than you. It's just not ideal and the genre should have moved away from such archaic control schemes a long time ago.

Fraeon

I don't really see why easier execution would be a problem. So long as you have options with movement and playstyle, it's not that big of a deal.

I mean, the biggest issue with SF5's execution isn't that combos are easy, it's that there are far fewer options in general. All of the characters play too similar and defense basically boils down to a 50/50 guess on whether you're going to get meatied or thrown.

So, if FOX characters are not in the first wave of the DLC... maybe they are on the base roster?

#teambelieve lol

Good morning (at least in here) people!
Waiting for the gameplay videos.

mcmmaster

I don't really see why easier execution would be a problem. So long as you have options with movement and playstyle, it's not that big of a deal.

I mean, the biggest issue with SF5's execution isn't that combos are easy, it's that there are far fewer options in general. All of the characters play too similar and defense basically boils down to a 50/50 guess on whether you're going to get meatied or thrown.

Well I stopped playing SF5 for both it's easy execution and dull combo system. Easy execution is probably the slightly worse crime because it removes the barrier for mastering controls and mechanics, the small window for nailing sick FADC combos forever shits on anything going on in SF5.

It can also create a little more excitement and fear to matches when inputs require more time and thought put into them. Removing it creates a boring level playing field where the barrier between elites and casuals is as small as ever, and personally i'm not a fan of that.

if Wolverine is a DLC character I'll be mad at the blatant swindling that they're doing here...but also tears of joy that somebody so important made the roster.

Forkball

Face buttons:
Attack
Jump
Taunt
Open DLC store

Triggers:
Pause
Home menu

The newly revealed characters are pretty safe picks. As I expected, this game is going to have a ton of DLC characters. I would strongly prefer if all the characters were free, with the paid DLC being cosmetic stuff, but Capcom isn't going to change their bread and butter method for making money.

Kouichi

The first wave DLC being all new would be awesome. I already loved the idea in SFV and it'd be even better for this game. Gives him some hope that Franziska can be among those six if she isn't in the game already. Though, the only downside for me is that if Phoenix Wright doesn't make the initial roster, then I'll have to wait even longer for him or any other AA character to appear. I doubt they'd put in any AA character before Phoenix Wright, even the notable ones like Apollo or Edgeworth.

This trailer just reminded me that I want the next Marvel fighting game to be Marvel only...

Maybe Ryu as a guest character or something but I would much prefer a Marvel only fighting game and actually think Marvel only would sell better. The Capcom cheese really puts me off.

Yeah agreed.

I know history and all, and there's plenty of fans of the series, but the "Vs Capcom" is nothing but a turnoff to me.

if Wolverine is a DLC character I'll be mad at the blatant swindling that they're doing here...but also tears of joy that somebody so important made the roster.
Better to expect the worst, no X-Men until 2018.

I wonder what kind of backlash (big or not) would happen though, given the recurrent question "what about the X-Men?" after the reveal last year.

shaowebb

Well I stopped playing SF5 for both it's easy execution and dull combo system. Easy execution is probably the slightly worse crime because it removes the barrier for mastering controls and mechanics, the small window for nailing sick FADC combos forever shits on anything going on in SF5.

It can also create a little more excitement and fear to matches when inputs require more time and thought put into them. Removing it creates a boring level playing field where the barrier between elites and casuals is as small as ever, and personally i'm not a fan of that.
Dont downplay. Elites will always be clearly beyond casuals.Low execution requirements to become consistent is a good thing. Combos will always require timing. Dp isn't really a necessary input imo. I'm with Mike z on this sorta thing. Dp ruined spiderman combos tbh.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

same - i just want a big, casual MCU fighter with a ton of solo content a la Injustice

aping their controls and using stuff like auto combos is a nice start. hope we get lots of content like towers and grinding for unlocks.

You all having your arguments about Dante, Doom, Doctor etc, and all I can think of is this fucker coming along and slashing them all in halves. Even if it doesn't make any sense, you all know he will do it.

lO0zAIR.gif

Like, why are you talking about power levels in a game that will most likely feature Vergil? Come on guys, you know better.

RRockman

Banned
You all having your arguments about Dante, Doom, Doctor etc, and all I can think of is this fucker coming along and slashing them all in halves. Even if it doesn't make any sense, you all know he will do it.

lO0zAIR.gif

Like, why are you talking about power levels in a game that will most likely feature Vergil? Come on guys, you know better.

This is kinda interesting, but wouldn't Archie Sonic kill them all?

So I guess Doom and Wolverine are a given if Fox characters are going to be DLC. Who'll be the third though? Magneto? Storm? Someone new?
Psylocke!

But seriously, the most probable ones are Magneto, Storm and Wolverine, though I expect the others who appeared in 2 that didn't make the cut in 3 have a good shot too.

Blackage

So is there an embargo that's going to lift this week so people can talk about the gameplay/control scheme? Do we have a time/date on that yet?

Neoxon

Better to expect the worst, no X-Men until 2018.

I wonder what kind of backlash (big or not) would happen though, given the recurrent question "what about the X-Men?" after the reveal last year.
I feel like Capcom may catch some of the blame, but most will see that it's Marvel's fault.

That aside, I'm curious as to if Rocket will be the only veteran who gets a voice actor change. We already know that Chris, Iron Man, & Cap kept their UMvC3 VAs, so there's that.

So is there an embargo that's going to lift this week so people can talk about the gameplay/control scheme? Do we have a time/date on that yet?
Only that it's this week, probably whenever the gameplay trailer drops. There's also the incoming SFV Ed trailer to consider.

NEO0MJ

lO0zAIR.gif

876237-doom_pulls_all_the_strings.jpg

If Vergil​ is doing anything it's because Doom allowed it.

one_kill

I hope the art style grows on me. At the moment, I'm disappointed as I feel it's a step down from what MvC3 had (which I loved).

As for the control murmurs, I just want options to be available and not exclusions.

mcmmaster

Dont downplay. Elites will always be clearly beyond casuals.Low execution requirements to become consistent is a good thing. Combos will always require timing. Dp isn't really a necessary input imo. I'm with Mike z on this sorta thing. Dp ruined spiderman combos tbh.

Except those two are nonexistent in SF5 which is what I am talking about.

For all we know the new DP could just be the new Simple Mode, is Ryce that credible? He did say the roster was going to be sick and that the animators deserved a raise for getting a certain character in... 7 out of the 8 newly announced characters are old, have worse models than MvC3 and animation sure as hell won't count for much if the models aren't well realised.

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu’s Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion.
Why yes, I'd love overly simple inputs that can be used by mistake in a fast paced game.

Why not just make a fucking easy mode with inputs like that and have normal inputs as an option? For fucks sake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom