• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Trademarks Scalebound

Seems it might have some form of multiplayer too...

“Unfortunately, we are unable to comment or say at this time,” Inaba told IGN at TGS when asked if the game has multiplayer aspects. “But as Kamiya touched on it earlier, we are not building this as a pure sort of linear boss [game. The] player can then go and go back if you want to and replay the entire game, so we’ll kind of leave that up to your imagination.

“We are making this game not to be a short game but something that players will be playing for longer hours at a time,” he added. “After this session you will be able to go back to the trailer. As we said every shot counts and every shot means something, there may be something [there].”

Co-op where one person plays as the MC and the other the dragon would be pretty cool.

Yuterald

I tweeted Kamiya in a way that was basically me subtly confirming certain features/elements in Scalebound. I told him that I hope Scalebound has dragon scales, fangs and hides as trophy/medals for the inevitable Pure Platinum ranking system and he sent me back a smiley face. I also said that I loved reading all of the item/environment descriptions in his games and that I hoped Scalebound carried that same attention to detail. He send me another smiley face with that one too. So, I think it's safe to assume that the game will have the following:

-Pure Platinum ranks with some sort of figure/object for the medals/trophies.
-A menu with cool descriptions for items/lore.

lol probably was a bunch of "no shit they're going to be in this game" kind of things though!

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, an interesting read. Doesn't really clarify for me though. It could mean it's what I'm worried it is, but it could also just be an epic backdrop to something more conventional. I don't know if you've played Dark Souls 2, but there's a section which takes place during a war involving giants, so you're running around these levels, and everything's going to shit, with giant monsters smashing shit up.

The name Scalebound is an obvious reference to their transforming JLaw scales, but it could also be a joke about the contrasting scale of the situations you're in. Maybe you get a specific dragon friend, maybe he's used to get from level to level, or whatnot, but in the moment to moment combat, maybe the dragon is just tearing shit up while you're on the ground playing a character action game.

ohhh, I like your rumination about the title maybe being a play about "scale." And he did seem to emphasize the giant size of the dragons compared to the tiny size of the humans, so you may be onto something.

I didn't play Dark Souls 2 but that description sounds seriously rad. DS1 and Demon Souls are two of my favorite games of all time, I should watch a video of that giant shit. Sounds cool.

Which makes me imagine the type of insane scale that will be possible on a next-generation platform like Xbox One. Like will there be largescale destruction of buildings? Burning down forests? Haha I can see why you'd be a bit concerned given your preferences but this conversation is actually getting me more excited about the possibilities now lol

theWB27 said:
If only I had a system to do so on.

No 360, PS3, Wii or Wii U?

Miles Quaritch said:
Co-op where one person plays as the MC and the other the dragon would be pretty cool.

haha who would play as the dude when you could be the crazy dragon ;P

this gen's version of the Bucket Bitch confirmed?

StuBurns

Banned
Which makes me imagine the type of insane scale that will be possible on a next-generation platform like Xbox One. Like will there be largescale destruction of buildings? Burning down forests? Haha I can see why you'd be a bit concerned given your preferences but this conversation is actually getting me more excited about the possibilities now lol
That's the thing, while so far no game has ever made me feel very large in a real-world scaled environment, that could have just been technical limitations. All those 'epic' moments in games, like that final boss in GoW1, they just make me laugh, they've never pulled it off convincingly for me, but that doesn't mean no one ever will. I don't want to make it sound like I'll be writing it off if it's monsterwarz or whatever, but it would concern me, where as Kamiya making a next-gen character action game is much more of a sure-thing.
... that hurts, bro.

Castef

Banned
P3tran if you didn't quote amirox, he would have less incentive to once again go into his sad song and dance about muh indies

Its all about getting attention

Yip. Actually i don't think he is really interested in the console. It is like listening to a broken record.

Also because that "clause" has stealthy been changed/bypassed several times now...

So, please stop this serenade in every MS topic :)

Orca

From the start I just figured this would be Microsofts version of Monster Hunter, with a partner monster. Hoping that's not far off, with online play and some monster raising, trapping, breeding aspects even.

Castef

Banned
From the start I just figured this would be Microsofts version of Monster Hunter, with a partner monster. Hoping that's not far off, with online play and some monster raising, trapping, breeding aspects even.

Yup, my very same guess actually.

This, or something like Drakengard.

Amir0x

Banned

I forgot where but I thought at one point Kamiya tried to dimish the comparison to Monster Hunter? I am a huge fan of Monster Hunter though, so any acquired influence from that game would be great

theWB27

ohhh, I like your rumination about the title maybe being a play about "scale." And he did seem to emphasize the giant size of the dragons compared to the tiny size of the humans, so you may be onto something.

I didn't play Dark Souls 2 but that description sounds seriously rad. DS1 and Demon Souls are two of my favorite games of all time, I should watch a video of that giant shit. Sounds cool.

No 360, PS3, Wii or Wii U?

this gen's version of the Bucket Bitch confirmed?

Nope...360 died and PS3 was on its way out so traded it in toward the PS4.

nampad

yeah it's Microsoft's

I can't wait to see Scalebound. One last policy change MS, one last thing and the XBO is mine. PLEASE do it before Scalebound at least :(

Sad to see you turn on everything you said and forget how shitty their DRM plans were.

Top Bottom