• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Xbox Wire said:
The past few weeks have been incredibly exciting, marked by a series of highly-anticipated game and bundle launches and the most affordable prices yet for Xbox One. We are humbled by the positive response to our new offerings and grateful for the support from our fans.

Yesterday, we celebrated the arrival of the iconic Halo franchise on Xbox One, as Halo: The Master Chief Collection launched to millions of excited fans and an impressive Metacritic score of 89. Sunset Overdrive was recently named by IGN as the “Game of the Month” for October. The new Xbox One bundles, which feature some of this holiday’s most anticipated games including Assassin’s Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Sunset Overdrive, hit store shelves with a limited time offer of $50 off any Xbox One of your choice. Starting as low as $349 in the US, the Xbox One is more affordable than ever this holiday season.

The response to this wave of blockbuster game releases and new bundles has been amazing, and sales have skyrocketed since the new price took effect on Nov. 2. Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled, which is exciting as more and more friends will be playing together this holiday. As we head into the busy holiday season Xbox One led generation 8 console sales in the US for the past two weeks. Shortly, we will have sold in to retailers more than 10 million Xbox One consoles.

Almost one year ago, I had the honor of shaking hands with hundreds of fans at our Xbox One launch in New York City. We have listened to your feedback and have worked hard to deliver hundreds of improvements to Xbox One, celebrated the launch of amazing new games, and sought ways to offer more value for you. As we reach this milestone, I remain awestruck by your passion for games and your support of Xbox One. Thank you for an incredible year.

Yusuf

Source

It tripled in sales over the previous week, but sold about 4 million? What?

Ed: Ah, Sold-in. Although with the rather indirect wording of this statement, does this mean they lost NPD again?

OneUh8

It's going to be really interesting the NPD for Novermber and December. I really do think the XB1 will outsell the PS4 both months. Those black friday deals are really good.

TliK3cM.gif

Must have been a miraculous past month, considering they've been consistently beaten by the PS4 since January.

Led next-gen sales for the last two weeks.

Sold-in, not sold-through.

AH-HA. There it is.

gtj1092

So they have made their entire 3rd quarter shipment and are reporting that as sales. Guessing they shipped around 3.5 million.

Somnia

Jesus even people in the thread are getting it wrong. It's 10 million shipped, but last two weeks is sold to consumers.

Teletraan1

Banned
I like how the thread with the accurate title from the article got shut down so this crazy pills headline can run wild.

B.O.O.M

Well yeah increased shipments to meet the demands for the new price level +crazy amount of deals and discounts + holiday rush

I am for one am shocked

GhaleonEB

While it's easy to parse the PR and find caveats galore - nearing 10m shipped, leading for the past two weeks in the US - it's nice to get an update on shipments and the price cut had a marked effect. Now to see what it translates to in terms of end user sales and whether it's sustained over the holidays.

...actually that's a lot of caveats.

cakely

They just announced that they almost shipped 10m consoles? Why would they do that?

And they've been the sales leader for ... two weeks? All it took was a $50 price drop, packing in a free game with every console and a Halo remake.

I think they'll take November but they should wait a moment on their victory lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom