• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtj1092

I wonder why would they would do this now. Isn't NPD tomorrow? I guess PS4 sold the most then.

edit: I still think Sony will win November.

Yeah its tomorrow plus GTA5 launches soon and they can't be sure they will lead for the month after black Friday so they need to get the PR in now. Funny they can't even brag about actually shipping 10 million only that they will soon.

StoopKid

Considering the large gaps some people were estimating, they are pretty damn close all things considered.

But hey, it's a good news Microsoft thread...so let the disingenuous posts continue.

One is sold to consumer the other is shipped.

Ain't no telling how many are sitting on shelfs.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
idGVWxs.png

Nelson pls.

Cool. I suspect they will take November but its all about what amount.

If they only get a lead in November by a hair after the price slashing and bundling they have been doing then its a bit of a sour victory.

They seem to have the most compelling Black Friday deals though. 330 for a console + games is nuts.

Seems like we won't know if they led by 10k or 100k. Don't think we'll be getting any NPD numbers anymore :(

Begaria

I wonder why would they would do this now. Isn't NPD tomorrow? I guess PS4 sold the most then.

edit: I still think Sony will win November.

Oh yeah, Sony's got October in the bad methinks. I think Microsoft has a very solid chance of nailing November, unless Black Friday REALLY swings Sony's way.

leading channel stuffer for the last two weeks in the US

Had to Google "Channel Stuffing" or as I know it- Trade loading. To which I would say is untrue seeing as I cannot recall a larger number of friends and family members buying the Xbox One and that includes during the launch.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
When you practically give something away people will buy it. Who would have guessed?

Edit: If they can't outsell PS4 in November they are done. They might as well pack up and go home.

Bgamer90

Banned
How are they going to combat that epic GTAV + TLOU bundle for Black Friday?

Their Assassin's Greed bundle will most likely be collecting dust now.

???

Collecting dust? It's a bundle with a free game in a popular series and it's going to be $320 on Black Friday. Even the more expensive COD bundle will more than likely pick up in sales since that will also be $30 off ($420 I believe).

Also didn't the last estimates have X1 around 6.5-7 m sold through? Did they sell 2 million in the last couple months or are there just a shitload of systems on shelves?

Xbox One is probably the most talked about non-TV deal I've heard about leading in to the Christmas season so I wouldn't be surprised if they sold 10M+ after its first year on the market.

They're not even saying two weeks. They're saying last week. They don't have this week's sales yet; the week isn't over. Edit: Never mind; misread.

This seems like preemptive damage control. Aren't NPDs tomorrow?

Yeah its out tomorrow but even so that covers October sales. Could be they want to get some positive stuff out before then.

Elios83

This is their NPD PR for tomorrow?
Worldwide shipments are getting close to 10m and their weekly sales have tripled in the US with the price drop?

One is sold to consumer the other is shipped.

Ain't no telling how many are sitting on shelfs.

Agreed, but then some people act like there are 10 million units sitting on shelves. We can't say either way, but it's all too easy just to take the 'Microsoft gonna Microsoft' route.

Sydle

Glad to see things improving for them, because I wouldn't want to see Phil get discouraged and pull back. I like the aggressive Xbox team. Hopefully they can continue building more momentum through the holiday and well into 2015.

Oh, NPD is tomorrow?

Sony must have outsold them if we get PR today.

so... another loss for October

MS's PR kinda ruins the suspense for NPD releases.

I really do wish that Microsoft would just give some estimated sales percentage increase or something that can be inherently positive for them without resorting to the embarrassing spins.

But that wouldn't read as 'winning'.

???

Collecting dust? It's a bundle with a free game in a popular series and it's going to be $320 on Black Friday. Even the more expensive COD bundle will more than likely pick up in sales since that will also be $30 off ($420 I believe).

You must have missed all those AssGreed threads.

gtj1092

Considering the large gaps some people were estimating, they are pretty damn close all things considered.

But hey, it's a good news Microsoft thread...so let the disingenuous posts continue.

Not really MS is including their holiday shipment in their sales. Ps4 is at 13.5 million pre holiday sales. Sorry ;)

AndyD

aka andydumi
leading channel stuffer for the last two weeks in the US

Pretty much. And leading into black friday it means even less.

They are making sure there's enough stock on shelves is all it really boils down to. I would expect all products to follow the exact same pattern around this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom