• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begaria

Amazing what a price cut and a couple of good games/bundles can do. Microsoft keep rocking that sold in number though...

adixon

Wait...

Shortly, we will have sold in to retailers more than 10 million Xbox One consoles.

In some short of amount of time they don't specify, they will cross 10 million consoles sold to retailers. Isn't that pretty obvious, given that the holidays are the biggest time of year by far, and retailers would be stocking up around now? They could even mean that they will cross 10 million sold in december... next month could easily be "shortly," couldn't it?

Nafai1123

Banned
Translation: They've sold the most consoles in the US over the past 2 weeks, and have sold almost 10 million consoles to retailers WW since launch.

jbug617

Banned
I wonder why would they would do this now. Isn't NPD tomorrow? I guess PS4 sold the most then.

edit: I still think Sony will win November.

AngryMoth

Finally gonna break Sony's NPD streak. Can't say they don't deserve it, the bundles are great value plus they currently have a way better exclusive library.

Furyous

It should lead considering all the bundles and price cuts the console has seen since launch. I hope it does well over the next few months and forces Sony to cut the PS4's price.

They're not even saying two weeks. They're saying last week. They don't have this week's sales yet; the week isn't over. Edit: Never mind; misread.

This seems like preemptive damage control. Aren't NPDs tomorrow?

I guess that's good. But if it takes a fire sale to push your product, there be some serious issues. Also not too shocking since its only for the last 2 weeks. MS had MCC and SOD, Sony had a firmware update... Lets see what happens in 6 days when GTA5 and LBP3 are released.

Considering the large gaps some people were estimating, they are pretty damn close all things considered.

But hey, it's a good news Microsoft thread...so let the disingenuous posts continue.

Good for them. Competition in the space is great for consumers. I can't believe how badly Sony dropped the ball, this holiday, with exclusives. Even a great LBP3 can't save them against FH2, H:MCC & Sunset Overdrive (all of which I am enjoying currently).

It sort of puts the idiotic GAF Sales-Age predictions from just a few weeks back into perspective. GAF has consistently underestimated the system's performance.

(Cue someone saying "Shipped, not sold" as if I don't already know.)

Cess007

Wait a minute, would MS use this good news as a way of counteracting bad sales in October NPD?

Probably. The use of "2 weeks" may mean that in the month, they were still outsold. In the other hand, it could also be use as an extra PR hit if they win this month NPD (Sony did the same in April: they day before the NPD numbers, they released a PR statement and still won the NPD the next day)

Larogue

The age of Sony is done
image.png

Cool. I suspect they will take November but its all about what amount.

If they only get a lead in November by a hair after the price slashing and bundling they have been doing then its a bit of a sour victory.

They seem to have the most compelling Black Friday deals though. 330 for a console + games is nuts.

Also I guess they know Worldwide is a lost cause because none of these deals are reaching the wider market. If anything I can see a lot of people in EU reading about the $350 XB1 and holding off until that price hits there or they just buy a PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom