• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcile

The 8-4 podcast hinted that SE have some surprises, this could be one of them, but you should all should probably temper your expectations of what a FF7 'remake' might end up being. That's my guess anyway.

giphy.gif

sora87

Just hypothetically entertaining this remake to begin with, it would be in Sony's best interest to secure this as an exclusive to PS4. It shouldn't take much moneyhatting to keep it off XBO to begin with but the mindshare of making it an exclusive would be a bomb they would want to set off at their E3 conference. It would be the only thing talked about all week.

Even though FF7 was on PC too, it really is synonymous with playstation and is counted as one of the best games on their systems. I'd be shocked if they didn't go all in to keep this exclusive, Level-5 and Studio Japan collaboration.

Just hypothetically entertaining this remake to begin with, it would be in Sony's best interest to secure this as an exclusive to PS4. It shouldn't take much moneyhatting to keep it off XBO to begin with but the mindshare of making it an exclusive would be a bomb they would want to set off at their E3 conference. It would be the only thing talked about all week.

The cost would be absurd, so it won't happen. Square would miss out on literally millions of sales, potentially even ten million +. The game's name is more than big enough to match Skyrim's sales figures (over 20 million at last count, which was a year and a half ago). Sony can't afford to buy exclusivity at those rates.

They might be able to buy timed exclusivity though, and troll Microsoft the same way they got trolled with the Tomb Raider timed exclusivity: "Exclusive to PS4, Holiday 2017"

Blanquito

It's the lyrics to the song Answers. The main theme that blows Heavensward out of the water.

Right. Now, in my mind, I connected the dots between her post and "who is developing the remake?"

I could be off, but it seems to me like she was giving us a hint.

Liamario

Banned
Seriously guys, don't hold your breath on this. We've had these rumours many many times. The game wouldn't interest me, but would love to see it happen for the reactions alone.

u_neek

Could TLG and FFVIIr actually be at the same E3? At the same conference?! Will we really only have Shenmue 3 and Half-Life 3 left to joke about never happening?

Mikey Jr.

Guys, there is no way this can be fucking true, right?

Someone please bring me back to reality.

Someone just say something and tell me this is false because xyz.

Please.

Oh fuck, I forgot about Shenmue. If there was a reveal I would have expected at MS conference though.
I doubt its happening and all this is just your usual E3 shenanigans but there really does seem to be a lot of rumblings about Shenmue, TLG and now FF7 being at Sony's conference. I guess we will find out in a few hours. Oh Jesus.

Dinda

This would be so stupid.
Unless this is something like the Resident Evil REmake stuff, so the same game with newly rendered Backgrounds and new Character Models. That would be cool and doable (if the original stuff is still available)

Wrynnax

This can't be real...every Sony conference it's the same and every time I'm so dissapointed...I would give my left nut if this turns out to be real!

Sephzilla

The 8-4 podcast hinted that SE have some surprises, this could be one of them, but you should all should probably temper your expectations of what a FF7 'remake' might end up being. That's my guess anyway.

I think most of the more level headed fans in here have already stated that what they'd want from an FF7 remake isn't unreasonable.

dresi

Fuck this. I have to go to sleep. Have to work tommorow. I will see the conference in 19 hours. It's going to be a long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom