• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFKac

It will be past 3 am if they announce it, I don't want to wake up the whole house :-D

Thank god it's not happening though ;-]

Ferr986

F239NcU.png

this is amazing lol

Sephzilla

Crisis Core/Dissidia.

Assets along those levels are good enough for me.

And for pre-rendered cutscenes they could re-purpose some stuff they probably have still from Advent Children. Honestly a RE1 to REmake kind of upgrade is entirely acceptable

So if this is a thing, does it mean that Hashimoto was fucking with us at the PS event, or did the backlash about the PC port announcement prompt them to do this?

If it happens, I wonder how it'll be done.

Really, I'd be extremely happy with just uprezzed backrounds and revamped models and animations.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wario64 is in on the troll. He's probably chuckling about it with Hashimoto.

LuuKyK

Wait, but why is it implied that Square is not developing it themselves? Who in the world would then? That makes no sense that they would outsource such project.

I can't take this anymore..... I feel like I'm going to break down at any moment.....

If this announced I will cry so hard without feeling shame... I WILL CRY.

Xpliskin

So if this is a thing, does it mean that Hashimoto was fucking with us at the PS event, or did the backlash about the PC port announcement prompt them to do this?

I'd speculate that it was Sony's plan this gen, Verendus talked about revisiting FF7 way before PSX.

Leeness

I still don't think this or TLG will be there.

But I will be watching in anticipation of seeing nothing being revealed live lol.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Regardless of Wario's credibility on things like this, I refuse to believe it until I actually see it. I'm not expecting more than a re-reveal of the, possibly slightly brushed up, PC port for PS4.

That said, if they DO announce a proper FF VII remake for PS4, Sony basically wins E3.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still labeling myself as a denier here. I just can't believe this. TLG is different though. I'll ride that griffon train into tonight!

Revven

This would be the most amazing bait and switch ever (assuming the original FF7 port for PS4 is, in fact, canned and was a way to test reactions to an FF7 remake). I would literally buy this game (if it's good) just on this bait and switch alone. Masterful trolling.

Mendax

If it happens, I wonder how it'll be done.

Really, I'd be extremely happy with just uprezzed backrounds and revamped models and animations.

Guessing it will be as the first leak said; in advent children style. And that is so pretty, especially Tifa. omfg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom