• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

Hmm, if this was the Level 5 game, would that imply this has been in production for a bit of time? Wasn't whatever they've been working on been in the works for a bit now?

F239NcU.png

So the CyberConnect2 CEO last year mentioned that they would love to handle a FFVII remake. And they were recently recruiting for a photorealistic RPG recently...

LogicStep

It's happening! All aboard the HYPE TRAIN! THIS TRAIN GOT NO BREAKS! LETS GOOOO!

So the CyberConnect2 CEO last year mentioned that they would love to handle a FFVII remake. And they were recently recruiting for a photorealistic RPG recently...

You really think they would give this project to an outside studio?

OmegaDL50

They say other developer as in not Square-Enix themselves handling it.

What are the odds that it's some sort of collaboration with Mist Walker indicating Sakaguchi's involvement with another outsourcing studio like Level 5.

Mist Walkers too small to handle something like this so probably shouldn't have put that thought into peoples head.

I will miss the sony conference (2AM UK time) because I need to be grown man and go to work tomorrow morning.
But If i wake up, and sony announces FFVII on PS4... SO HELP ME LORD, I will quit my job !!

Ponn

Banned
The cost would be absurd, so it won't happen. Square would miss out on literally millions of sales, potentially even ten million +. The game's name is more than big enough to match Skyrim's sales figures (over 20 million at last count, which was a year and a half ago). Sony can't afford to buy exclusivity at those rates.

They might be able to buy timed exclusivity though, and troll Microsoft the same way they got trolled with the Tomb Raider timed exclusivity: "Exclusive to PS4, Holiday 2017"

Millions? You are grossly overestimating jrpg demand in the xbox community. They wouldn't even bother releasing it in Japan leaving only the western market.

boingball

This is Square-Enix we are talking about, the masters of all trolls. Maybe they finally announce a release date for their shitty FF7 port of the decade old PC version but thats about it. While I am #TeamBelieve for Last Guardian I am definitely #TeamBullshit on this one.

Be interested to see if, assuming this exists, is an exclusive. Have a feeling it'll be multiplat.

The only way I could see a FF7 remake happening is if it's exclusive. And that's because I don't think Square is going to be willing to shell out the dev costs for it. A FF7 remake on the level that fans want is going to be more expensive than a large number of AAA games. And that's for a remake, something that usually doesn't sell as well as the original release.

Einhandr

Since SE has to be aware of the Hashimoto meme (or at least someone as Sony has to be) here is my prediction:

-They play off of that meme by going through the same buildup and then let down by ultimately announcing that the port is available for download now, or during tomorrow's psn update

-Then they kill the show by revealing the real remake as Sonys final reveal as sort of like a "oh wait we have one last thing to show you" after showing their last big first party bomb or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom