• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, but why is it implied that Square is not developing it themselves? Who in the world would then? That makes no sense that they would outsource such project.
It's being said that Level-5 will do it. Square is too busy trying to deliver other games by 2020

crinale

So if this is a thing, does it mean that Hashimoto was fucking with us at the PS event, or did the backlash about the PC port announcement prompt them to do this?

(If this is true then) I think it's a little bit of both. If 1080P PSX FF7 makes audience happy then why bother remake it. Meh reaction would made SE think same.
Only the outrage ensures audience do want to remake, not a remaster.

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul with new CGI cutscenes but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.

firen

There's no possible way this is real is it? Even if it was, do people really care anymore? Would it even sell well? Would it be $60? So many questions...

KoopaTheCasual

Even Wario....?

I'm finding this harder to file away as bullshit at this point....

What is it? Up to 4 different people/sources claiming this game actually exists?

Feichaw

What if it's not a remake, but another game in the franchise? A Final Fantasy VII-3? I mean, the port was already announced. They wouldn't change their minds so quickly. It's Square Enix, guys.

Fuck it. I'm going to be like AVALANCHE and hop on that train.

tumblr_n10wbcNRlD1soqxmjo1_400.gif

It's coming...

.JayZii

Banned
That would be insane, and I would be interested to see how they went about making it. There would be so many issues with art style, tone, game design, etc. in a remake that I really want to see how they would tackle it.

Definitely taking all of this with a bunch of salt, though. We'll all know for sure in a few hours.

dmr87

Summary

Siliconera said:
It's happening

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

Poster has been verified.

Venturebeat said:
It's happening, external dev doing it

Level-5 hype?

Gabe3208

Banned
But.....what....when.... OMFG, if this is real, I don't even think my beloved Nintendo can out-do it!!! OMG OMG OMG I hope this is true!!!!!!!!!!

FFVII is soooooooooooo special to me as it defined an AMAZING rpg for it's time, the story, the feelings I got as I grew closer and closer to my team characters. Man I hope this is REAL!!!

Zalman

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.
I would still be okay with this.

Loudninja

Slowly getting the feeling that this is a glorified remaster, or at least still a graphical overhaul but still the same 1997 running around prerendered areas and random battles and what not, and people are hearing "remade" and running with it.
Eh better then nothing.

Actually I woudl be fine with this.

There's no possible way this is real is it? Even if it was, do people really care anymore? Would it even sell well? Would it be $60? So many questions...

When the FF7 remake (and I mean true remake) happens, I will buy whatever console it is on.

So I would pay $300-$500.

But that's the game I've wanted all along. I don't want the whole game remade

I'm cool with that. I just don't know why they would even announce that PC port at PSX if this was happening.

FtsH

Imagine Sony begin their conference with FFVIIre, end it with TLG...
Ambulances will be lining up to evacuate the overheated crowd...

OmegaDL50

Reposting for new page -

They say other developer as in not Square-Enix themselves handling it.

What are the odds that it's some sort of collaboration with Mist Walker indicating Sakaguchi's involvement with another outsourcing studio like Level 5.

Mist Walkers too small to handle something like this so probably shouldn't have put that thought into peoples head.

Mikey Jr.

I would agree, but SE already showed the PC port at PSX.

Would feel kinda strange. It doesn't fit showing what you said.

Nope nope nopeity nope. I still don't believe this is legit. Nor The Last Guardian. I don't care about Shenmue as I've never played the games, but I don't believe that either.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
honestly everyone keep your expectations in check, then one it will be more exciting and two if it doesnt happen you wont jump out of a window. Chill people

KZObsessed

If it does happen would have been nice if there was no hint before hand.

I'd still go crazy though. But I would prefer DQXI... better yet I'll take both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom