• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that be some shit. The dream team that were all pulled from FF15 end up on this thing. Throw Jun Akiyama on the project, and then that creative cast has my full support to not fuck it up.

yep that would be a great team & i would trust them with this project.

Just keep toriyama far far far away

E-Cat

Guys, do you realize this is a unique and brief time window in the history of the universe where knowledge of the fabled FF7 remake's imminence exists, but which precedes the crushing disappointment of the unveiling of the inevitably compromised end product. Live it up!

Mendax

People think it would be announced during the PS4 Conference tonight, but we also have the Square-Enix conference tomorrow.

Either Sony is partially funding the project and thefore it would likely be at the conference tonight. If not Square-Enix would likely have it at its own conference.

yeaahh let's not forget this. And let's not be depressed and disappointed until after that :D

King_Moc

Banned
Wow wow wow!!! Hang on GAF. I though we hated remasters? Right?

This game has desperately needed one since about 2 years after it came out. It's definately a special case. And don't speak for ALL of Gaf, it's not one person. I have no issue with remasters as long as they aren't proving too detrimental to getting new, original games made.

Edit: Seen your update. Sorry sarcasm doesn't scan well in text.

Garuroh

Please don't shoehorn Genesis.Please don't shoehorn Genesis.Please don't shoehorn Genesis.Please don't shoehorn Genesis.Please don't shoehorn Genesis.

I'm convinced in the PSX troll now. Today they'll get on the stage and say "recently at PSX we mentioned FFVII for PS4."

everyone boos

"What we didn't mention was ITS A REMAKE. FOOLED YA BAKA."

RangerBAD

this FF7 remake buzz has even more traction then PSX. and it was mega strong back then.

WE'RE ALL IN IT TOGETHER.

BELIEVE!

e9wgtajlevwzdnfjwis5.gif

Mortemis

Banned
Never heard of CC2 before, are they good for this project?

They've shown that they can make good rpgs like the .hack series, and incredibly looking games like their Naruto games. I want to see more cel-shaded ambitious games, and I hope this spin-off is.

I would have to give a bitter laugh: Kicked off/left FFXV/VersusXIII (which was his ambitious project of what a modern Final Fantasy game could be), goes to head up the third mainline installment of his flagship franchise, then leaves that to make a remake of an 18 year-old game.

It'll be the punchline to the joke his career's becoming. I'll have a hard laugh while crying. ;(

Guys, do you realize this is a unique and brief time window in the history of the universe where knowledge of the fabled FF7 remake's imminence exists, but which precedes the crushing disappointment of the unveiling of the inevitably compromised end product. Live it up!

Jesus my lord and saviour has made my dreams come true in all ways. Pray be to solid snake

why are people expecting this on Square Enix conference??

This would easily be the biggest announcement of this E3 & there is no way, that such a game won't be at the conference of Sony or Microsoft

Stahp....Please

Only thing that would make sense there is because SE never have press conferences at E3, and yet this time they do, PLUS they already confirmed FFXV is a no show, so what are they showing?

Rezae

This is sooo gonna be an aRPG with heavy metal music thrown in.

No matter what happens tonight, there will be a GAF meltdown of historic proportions.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's not happening. Just want that to be on the record. So I don't look like a fool later tonight. Like most of ya'll. Never learning.
OlXUnh7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom