• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Gold Member
They've shown that they can make good rpgs like the .hack series, and incredibly looking games like their Naruto games. I want to see more cel-shaded ambitious games, and I hope this spin-off is.

It'll be the punchline to the joke his career's becoming. I'll have a hard laugh while crying. ;(

Man, this makes me drool thinking about how Knights of the Round will look, based off of the Naruto ultimate moves. And Omnislash. And Bahamut Zero. Oh I NEED this.

I'm convinced in the PSX troll now. Today they'll get on the stage and say "recently at PSX we mentioned FFVII for PS4."

everyone boos

"What we didn't mention was ITS A REMAKE. FOOLED YA BAKA."

This is exactly what I think happened. SE knew how hard they were trolling at PSX. I think it was an elaborate set up

HeelPower

Only thing that would make sense there is because SE never have press conferences at E3, and yet this time they do, PLUS they already confirmed FFXV is a no show, so what are they showing?

Hitman,Tomb Raider,Deus Ex,Just Cause + Maybe a couple of remasters or smaller announcement.

This is not a Japanese centric SE E3.

Soi-Fong

The reaction everyone will make if this isn't real.

FlimsySpitefulButterfly.gif

Awesome gif. Too bad they'll lose to the Warriors.

UnPatriot

Banned
people here are confusing Verendus words. Here is a summary:

-in 2013 he said, that an proper FF7 Remake will be coming (but its still far off) - he claimed that he even saw the project with his own eyes

- After the PSX Event and that FF7 PC Port, he said, that we still get an proper Remake - but also an compilation with probably some Remasters

- According to Verendus that Remake will be handled by Kitase and Nomura. After Nomura is finished with Kh3, the Full Production of it will start

- Some Weeks ago he added, that we will also get a new Spinn-off, which is AA, but should please the Fans

Then we got Kyoufu who made an Avatar Bet with JohnBender, that the FF7 Remake will get announced this year

Since our new Insider from today claims that the Remake started its development some months ago, my guess is:
Nomura left KH3 in Tai Yasue hand's and is now fully focusing on the Remake

Get your assholes ready.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Time ta push my 2015 playthrough of FFVII into overdrive!!

Gonna have everyone at Level 3 limits before setting foot inside of Junon an also before the conference even starts!

Current Members at Limit Lv.3: Barret, Red XIII

Furyous

This means we're one step closer to the FF8 remake.

Hopefully someone brings this up during an E3 conference. Let's discuss possible preorder bonuses.

Does this mean we get to buy the mansion and keep it after starting a new game?

Well...if this actually happens, I'm guessing the trailer will look something like this:

-Footage of FFVII
-Footage of FFVII: Advent Children
-Footage of FFVII: Before Crisis
-Footage of FFVII: Crisis Core
-Footage of FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

Logos flash on screen, eventually revealing...

FFVII: C
ompilation

And we get HD port collection of the aforementioned games/films.

481409iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

I totally called the FFXIII Versus logo exploding into XV, so trust me
I just didn't tell anyone about it

I will adore that collection. Yes please.

This entire thread is radiating hype. I have decided to break my 4 month sobriety for some makers mark for the Sony presser. If, what I refer to as The Trifecta of Tears (TLG+FFVIIR+SM3)shows @ Sony's presser, or even the Dual of Despair (TLG + FFVII Remake) show up, I will get piss drunk and celebrate in my introversion. Might even call an ex girlfriend or two drunk and force conversation about this, which they will not even understand what the fuck I would be talking about.

I've biten all my nails off after going through every page of this thread.

Only thing that would make sense there is because SE never have press conferences at E3, and yet this time they do, PLUS they already confirmed FFXV is a no show, so what are they showing?

FF7 Announcement at Sonys E3 Show
First glimpse of Gameplay, concepts, interviews at Square Enix Show.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm already picturing the awesome steel book this will have, must not get hyped!
Its not happening!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh man, all these sources, I don't think my heart could take a FFVII remake and TLG in one sitting.

I wouldnt mind if they make it faster

That's always been my problem trying to replay it, it feels so much slower than the others, makes it harder to slog through.

Shahadan

I doubt it would be a full modern remake anyway, it's too expensive. And I don't really want what would inevitably come with it.

Now if they were doing something trying to be close to the original (same view, etc) I'd be interested. Plus they probably want something that will run on mobile eventually

KAL2006

Banned
If this is true I want thay Square Enix guy to come back on stage again. The audience should boo him the fuck out for what happened last time. He should just say please be exited drop the mic and walk off. Then Final Fantasy VII Remake is shown.

This entire thread is radiating hype. I have decided to break my 4 month sobriety for some makers mark for the Sony presser. If, what I refer to as The Trifecta of Tears (TLG+FFVIIR+SM3)shows @ Sony's presser, or even the Dual of Despair (TLG + FFVII Remake) show up, I will get piss drunk and celebrate in my introversion. Might even call an ex girlfriend or two drunk and force conversation about this, which they will not even understand what the fuck I would be talking about.

I've biten all my nails off after going through every page of this thread.

none of my business but.....is that healthy for you to do? :(

At the beginning of the PSX presentation, they selected Continue at the start screen.

They will mimic the presentation, but it'll move up to NEW GAME and everyone will die

plz do this Square, I need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom