• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3DS (not XL) in DBZ Butoden bundle for USA?

Vitacat

Saw this article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...den-sweetens-the-deal-with-a-new-bundle-pack/

dbz_eb_new1.jpg

The pack will include the new black 3DS along with exclusive cover plates but the really good news is that Western fans will indeed be getting a download code for Super Butoden 2.
Released on October 16th, the bundle pack will be available for both the US and European versions.

So, does this indicate NA is getting the smaller New 3DS this Fall? Or is that article just mistaken?

Takao

Banned
Bandai Namco US has never acknowledged such a bundle. Heck, it sounds like we aren't even getting Butoden 2, though with a replacement score and no translation I guess that's little lost.

They probably wouldn't mention US unless there was something there, probably just hasn't been officially announced for US yet, Forbes may have spoiled the surprise.

jax

Banned
Definitely a mistake. Look at all the EU rating system icons. NA is never getting the New 3DS.

Shauni

Nice catch, I totally didn't notice that it said that for both US and Europe. Could have been a mistake, though. Hm, I would have upgraded for that New 3DS in the picture one, fucking love it. If we get something comparable, even for the XL version, I may still upgrade. I've just got to rock the goddamn dragon.

Mobius 1

Wait, there is a New 3DS that is not XL? With the extra buttons and processing power in a regular size?

I'm so confused.

Silkworm

Wait, there is a New 3DS that is not XL? With the extra buttons and processing power in a regular size?

I'm so confused.
Is this sarcasm? I'm confused :-D (I probably fell for it, didn't I?)

One day N. America will get its New 3DS non-XL (believe!).

Vitacat

Definitely a mistake. Look at all the EU rating system icons. NA is never getting the New 3DS.

Yeah, I figured it was probably a mistake by the writer. But hope springs eternal.

It's mindblowing how much better Nintendo is in Europe compared to NA.

Vitacat

I'm so confused.

Yep. Well, there is in Europe and Asia. Not North America, because NOA is crap.

And not only does it have the faster CPU and extra controls, but you can customize the front and back with all sorts of wonderful faceplates. It's beautiful, but NA can't have nice things.

Anth0ny

bold prediction: North America not only doesn't get a regular sized n3DS, but will also miss out on Super Butoden 2.

#NOA

Shauni

I thought the Super Butoden 2 thing was part of the Extreme Butoden game? Damn, guess I misread that, too. Yeah, we probably won't get it in NA. Dammit, NA, why won't you let me rock that dragon.

n0razi

I'm tempted to import an EU/Aus n3DS and just use the region four hack but with my luck, they will announce an NA version the day after I import :eek:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Thats the release date for europe

in another words, that bundle is for europe

Ibuki

Banned
This would be in 'too good to be true' territory I would think. I do hope they bring over the regular New 3DS though, I want my faceplate customization.

sonto340

The New 3DS XL is perfectly sized. Buy a bag guys lol.
I'd still like to see all options available in all regions though

wrowa

The New 3DS XL is perfectly sized. Buy a bag guys lol.
I'd still like to see all options available in all regions though

I switched from an OG 3DS to the N3DS XL and I kind of regret it, truth to be told. The big screen is nice, but I'm not sure if the drop in image quality is really worth it. Quite a few games that I thought were good-looking on the OG look quite bad on the XL.

Mobius 1

I switched from an OG 3DS to the N3DS XL and I kind of regret it, truth to be told. The big screen is nice, but I'm not sure if the drop in image quality is really worth it. Quite a few games that I thought were good-looking on the OG look quite bad on the XL.

This is also my view on it. I enjoy the ergonomics of the larger device, but the low pixel count on those screens becomes really apparent. It didn't bother me a few years ago, but these days it contrasts poorly with virtually every other device.

Top Bottom