• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Butoden 2 exclusive to Amazon US preorders of DBZ: Extreme Butoden

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I can dig it, might end up getting it.

Don't take this as a sign of anything like that. Bandai Namco released a collection of NES/SNES ports on 3DS in Japan in 2013. Super Butoden 2 was one of the games included.
True, but several posters here were absolutely certain that emulation of SNES on 3DS was impossible, so this will at least shut them up next time SNES VC is mentioned :)
(even if J Legends Retsuden should've in the first place...)

Shauni

I'll go ahead and pre-order it there, I guess. Not super interested in something that I can't even read or anything, but there's no bonus anywhere else. I wasn't super sold on the game, but seeing some recent stuff seems like it'd be a fun romp, and for $30 and not much else in October gamewise, I can dig it.

Apparently all the Super Butouden 2 BGM's have been replaced. I forgot Kenji Yamamoto did the music.

This makes me extremely hesitant. I know how awful plagiarism is, but for better or worse, Yamamoto's music is Butoden 2 for me. Same reason why I couldn't bring myself to bother with the Budokai HD collection.

Why'd you do it, Yamamoto? :'(

entremet

This makes me extremely hesitant. I know how awful plagiarism is, but for better or worse, Yamamoto's music is Butoden 2 for me. Same reason why I couldn't bring myself to bother with the Budokai HD collection.

Why'd you do it, Yamamoto? :'(

Details on this?

Shauni

Details on this?

He did a lot of Dragon Ball Z music, but was then fired due to claims that he had plagiarized a lot of his material, and most of his music was replaced within various Dragon Ball media that his music was featured in. I don't think any there was ever a lot of details released about it besides that.

EDIT: Beaten, and I guess I wrong, didn't realize that much was known about the situation

entremet

He did a lot of Dragon Ball Z music, but was then fired due to claims that he had plagiarized a lot of his material, and most of his music was replaced within various Dragon Ball media that his music was featured in. I don't think any there was ever a lot of details released about it besides that.

EDIT: Beaten, and I guess I wrong, didn't realize that much was known about the situation

This isn't the Nintendo guy, right?

topplehat

I wish this was actual confirmation of SNES VC on 3DS and the regular size n3DS in the US..........but it is neither.

Top Bottom