• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Infamous Second Son night time shots 9/20

AzerPhire

Not as impressive as some of the other shots released. Some of the textures seem really low resolution and the background buildings don't look good at all but there is still lots of time to improve. Hopefully the world doesn't seem empty because after GTA5 the bar has been set really high.

iammeiam

These screenshots look good.

But every time I check up on the game I'm secretly hoping they'll focus on the boring business part of the city so I can see the building I work in. Just a screenshot at night of the skyline! It'd look pretty!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
textures are so low :(

the bricks in that first pic are horrible.

hoping that is because of the image compression. maybes its a slight DOF effect?

Oh man, the horror of those bricks! The level of nitpicking we've hit is really great and I say that with no sarcasm. :)

Valnen

Will the IQ look anywhere near that good on my PC monitor when the game is actually running? One can only hope.

frizby

Oh man, the horror of those bricks! The level of nitpicking we've hit is really great and I say that with no sarcasm. :)

It really is great. :)

These images look so good, they've turned the corner into uncanny valley, where every little thing that isn't "perfect" really jumps out at you.

I'm just stunned and how this game looks.

They don't really need to sell me on this any more than they have.

I'm getting a launch unit but the doesn't really start until I get my hands on this.

Rembrandt

Banned
God, I really wanna love this game. InFAMOUS 1 was okay, I liked 2 but they've never been more than a one time, "oh, this is fun." thing. Idk why. Here's hoping Second Son changes my mind and it looks like it might.

7keu582.png

Oh shit NBA Elite 11 again!

6a0115709f071f970b0133f4b385e2970b.png

Luthos

Ungh, I need this game.

I'm not getting a PS4 at launch, but I'm not sure how long I can wait after this game comes out.

So far the only ps4 exclusive I am excited about.
Are these in game screen shots or screen shots that the developer advertises but it turns out the game doesn't look as good?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit at the Elephant Car Wash. Going to love running around a virtual version of my town.

belmonkey

Some of the textures look a bit rough / low-res in a few of the pictures. Hopefully they'll fix that, because that kind of thing was noticeable in earlier screens / videos too.

So excited for this game. This game alone unabashedly sells me on the PS4. Can't wait to see the stuff that box is capable of down the road.

DedValve

Banned
I opened this tab a few hours ago but didn't click it and forgot all about it (as I normally do).

It's 12 in the morning and I'm ready to head to bed so I begin closing all tabs and see a weird picture of an elephant car wash and though "damn Apple really stepped up their camera for the new iPhone" as I thought it was a person posting iPhone bullshots.

As I was about to close it I noticed the title. My mind was literally dazed for a second. Ever get that feeling of the wind slapping you (I forgot what it was called)?

Yeah. Holy shit. Goddamn. February fuck you for being so far away.

wicko

That's also the pose they take when they're done with a part in the Last of Us documentary. It's just to reset animation I think. Neutral state.

It's called a t-pose - basically default position, like you said. It can happen when the animation state gets somewhere that doesn't have an animation specified, ie. if an animation wasn't plugged in for an idle, it would have nothing to play, resulting in a t-pose whenever it decided to idle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will the IQ look anywhere near that good on my PC monitor when the game is actually running? One can only hope.

Depends on your definition of "anywhere near". These screenshots are obviously downsampled whereas the game proper is presumably utilising some sort of post-process AA solution (ideally SMAA but probably FX/MLAA).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Posted in the other thread but I'll post it here as well

For reference here's two places depicted in those infamous screens

The other pic is the crocodile..couldn't find a nice pic of it

So are they actually going to call it Seattle in this game? Or is it gonna turn into "Puget City" or something?

Top Bottom