• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Infamous Second Son night time shots 9/20

This game is all kinds of gorgeous. Those devs have seriously upped their game after the first Infamous. I loved the first games a TON, and can't wait to see what Sucker Punch has in store for us. HYPE!

SmoothCB

Any idea how the map will be laid out? I know it's a creative representation of (greater) Seattle but am curious about what locales are included.

The neon looks great, it is going to create a very unique and memorable world. I'm not too concerned with the fine details, even if they aren't improved over then next 5 months, as in real life I don't have zooming capabilities with my eyes. It looks realistic as heck right now.

Based on his post history...

Well I'll just leave it at that.

Lol neogaf. Why are you guys so defensive? I love the god of war series but it doesn't make SSM into elite developers. As for Naughty dog, they made 2 master pieces this gen imo. That qualifies as gods, not elites.

I like how everyone attacks one post regarding my opinion but no one answers my question.
Are these screenshots inengine or not? Is the game going to really look this good?

I will very likely buy a PS3 for this.

Looks great and as someone who lives in Washington I LOVE the detail of Seattle in this game. I'm really looking forward to seeing just how much of the city is in the game.

belmonkey

Lol neogaf. Why are you guys so defensive? I love the god of war series but it doesn't make SSM into elite developers. As for Naughty dog, they made 2 master pieces this gen imo. That qualifies as gods, not elites.

I like how everyone attacks one post regarding my opinion but no one answers my question.
Are these screenshots inengine or not? Is the game going to really look this good?

They seem kinda weird / zoomed in. Something just seems wrong with them, at least to me.

God I love that this game is set in Seattle. So many games are set in NYC or LA, its nice to be able to roam around in an environment that I know like the back of my hand. Love the Denny Way Pink Elephant carwash. I wonder how far you can explore? Will you be able to wreck shit at UW? Can you fight in the clink? Doesnt hurt that the game looks fantastic either.

HORRORSHØW

They look great to me but I just get the feeling they aren't what the game would truly look like. I feel like they are enhanced.
Curious: Have you seen any other media related to Second Son? Search around GAF, there're threads that show how the game looks in stills/motion.

These screenshots look good.

But every time I check up on the game I'm secretly hoping they'll focus on the boring business part of the city so I can see the building I work in. Just a screenshot at night of the skyline! It'd look pretty!

I used to work in the Columbia Tower and seeing as its the tallest building in Seattle, they better have it in the game =P

Rozart

Hnnng. This game! The fact that an open-world game looks this good bodes well for the future of next-gen games, imo.

Sucker Punch looking to join elites like Naughty Dog and SSM with this game o_O

Indeed! It would be nice to see another developer grow to be as capable as SSM and ND. Curious to see which one of them--if any-- (GG with KZ:SF and Sucker Punch with Infamous:SS) would reach those heights.

belmonkey

They look great to me but I just get the feeling they aren't what the game would truly look like. I feel like they are enhanced.

Aside from the screenshots being bigger than 1080p, it seems pretty normal with some aliasing here and there. Some of the textures looked not quite all there though, like 2d grass, or leaves on the ground. Not that it says anything about the resolution, but for a moment I had the impression that the game (for the purpose of the screenshots) was not quite 1080p. Surely quality was lost somewhere though.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
These screenshots being bigger than 1080p, it's pretty safe to assume that this isn't what the game will actually look like then.

The game won't be rendered at that resolution, but these screenshots are, so the spec for the shots certainly isn't related to the PS4 hardware specs.

So just hey, grain of salt.

Grimløck;82953197 said:
Curious: Have you seen any other media related to Second Son? Search around GAF, there're threads that show how the game looks in stills/motion.

Yeah I did, but I saw the e3 demo so I though that was a long time ago and the graphics improved. The game looks really good in motion and the particle affects are amazing but these screenshots look a lot better than the game itself.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
7keu582.png

lol

Dec

Grimløck;82953197 said:

Means nothing if they aren't direct feed of the actual console running them, not a realistic example of how the game will look when people are actually playing it.

I have just got to say, aside from resolution (in addition to other IQ differences) and probably shadows, after seeing GTA5, this doesn't looks fantastically impressive.

I was so hyped for this game just before GTA5, but now, I just want to play GTA5.

Rizsparky

I have just got to say, aside from resolution (in addition to other IQ differences) and probably shadows, after seeing GTA5, this doesn't looks fantastically impressive.

I was so hyped for this game just before GTA5, but now, I just want to play GTA5.
This is exactly what I was thinking, cant wait to see what GTA PC/Next Gen looks like.

madmackem

Not sure how, as impressive as gta is this is a step above it in terms of looks.

Wut, this looks way better than GTA5.

Not sure how, as impressive as gta is this is a step above it in terms of looks.

What I am saying is these look like they could be bullshots of GTA5.
Which is to entirely ignore that at the resolution they're captured, they're actually bullshots anyway.

I am sure the difference will come when Delsin is climbing and most of those light sources have shadows associated - and there will be more impressive 'specular' effects. But the assets, let's say in this instance the trees, don't actually seem any more detailed than the ones in GTA5.

It's kind of not a technical comment, more an art comment.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The bricks on the crocodile building look kind of flat and muddy, but hopefully that's a distance thing.

Also, just from a releasing screenshots standpoint.

Ofcourse the first shot shouldn't have a T-pose character in it, but the FOV is much more aesthetically pleasing.

The other two shots are so crap - just badly taken. Ridiculous FOV, which in gameplay and debug navigation is necessary, but to release screens in that state is beyond me.

Not like the frankly astounding visuals we saw come out of PAX.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I love the way you start of by laughing off the remarks as 'defensive' and then go on to ask whether the game will really look this good. I'm assuming you think that all the gameplay trailers we've seen so far are CG renders.

Blinck

Great shots, can't wait for this game.

Seems like they forgot to take that random citizen model out of there for the shot though :p

Zalman

Gotta love Sucker Punch. They've been one of my favorite developers since Sly Cooper. Will buy this when I get a PS4.

suedester

Banned
Why are people nitpicking these shots? We've seen the videos and know just how good the game looks. Can we not just enjoy without pointing out the odd lower res texture. Every thread just turns into the same bullshit.

WJD

Pretty much the only reason I'd want a PS4 right now. Looks stunning and inFamous 2 was one of my favourite PS3 games this gen.

JP

Wow, that's what a difference a wait of three months of work can make to the quality of the graphics in PS4 games. I'm trying to imagine what it'll do for games a year after launch.

looks amazing, let's hope the actual City will feel more "alive" than in the previous games, as that really was the only thing i could hold against Infamous 1&2.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just Seattle. They are ditching the fake cities.

Good. I actually think it's really dumb when developers like Rockstar or Sucker Punch make it absolutely clear which real life city they are modeling after but they just give it a fake name.

Good lord, this looks amazing.

Also, to the people complaining about brick textures... do you guys know about Level of Detail? Those are very far from the camera in that shot.

Top Bottom