• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSN EU Store Discounts [Sept 24 - Oct 8]

Tizoc

I dont know whether I should get surgeon simulator or not.

It looks like it COULD be fun.

It's mindless fun!
h4DECE8CB

ExoSoul

Banned
Must resists Rogue Legacy, just bought Infamous and Hohokum.

Also, wasn't Eufloria (PS3) taken down from the store? I had it in my DL list and it disappeared and i could never find it again in the store. Why is it part of the sales?

Transistor
Oddworld
Valiant Hearts
Rogue Legacy
Pure Chess
Entwined
maybe Surgeon Simulator

Haven't even checked vita and ps3 sales, damn.

Arizato

So, how is Child of Light? Tempted at that price (grabbed Transistor yesterday)...

If you like SNES and PS1 era of JRPGs you will probably enjoy Child of Light, just keep in that the "overworld" is more like a Platformer in that you only run to the left or right, so the exploration itself isn't that "free". But my god is it beautiful. Child of Light has one of the most beautiful world and character designs I've seen in years.

If you don't already have olli olli, Buy it. It is a great addictive game. Probably suits the vita best as it is the kind of game that is fun to whip out and play for 20minutes.

If you like SNES and PS1 era of JRPGs you will probably enjoy Child of Light, just keep in that the "overworld" is more like a Platformer in that you only run to the left or right, so the exploration itself isn't that "free". But my god is it beautiful. Child of Light has one of the most beautiful world and character designs I've seen in years.

Loved Secret of Mana and FFVII and VIII. Also fairly enjoyed Dust of late, does that perhaps suggest I'd be happy enough?

Donos

How is the Dark Souls II PS3 digital version? Any technical cons/problems? Since im close to Platinum in DaS and have it for DeS i'm thinking about trying Gafs dreaded DaS II. Probably could find it really cheap used over ebay.

Arizato

Loved Secret of Mana and FFVII and VIII. Also fairly enjoyed Dust of late, does that perhaps suggest I'd be happy enough?

I'd think so, yeah! The battles are turn-based but are more similar to Grandia than Final Fantasy. I don't know if you're familiar with Grandia, but the battles in the games are a little different in that you can see a "timeline" which you and your enemies "charge" through.

It's split ut in two phases basically, 3/4 of the timeline is your waiting phase and when you reach the last fourth you get to decide the action you want to do, depending on the action the speed of the character's progress through the last fourth changes to being a little faster or slower. It sounds weird but if you manage to hit your enemies with something while they are charging their attack you might cancel out their action.

Be careful though, the same can happen to you, so defending is crucial to winning sometimes. You can also use your "fairy companion" to blind your enemies, making their progress through the "timeline" slower so that you can attack them faster than they can act.

It's hard to explain, but if you want an RPG with alot of strategy I really recommend Child of Light. The music is also godlike, so if you enjoy video game soundtracks it will be a treat for your ears as well

Vaga

Got Rogue Legacy and Entwined because cross-buy but there's too many games I wanna get from this sale. Like I could easily spend £100 in a flash. And next month is Bayo2, Driveclub, Alien, Evil Within. Fuck this shit man.

Galdelico

It's mindless fun!
h4DECE8CB

Boom shakalaka!

Bought Olli Olli for PS3. Looking forward to throwing my controller into my TV.

Oh, is it that kind of thing? Was tempted to give it a try, but I quit aggravating games a long time ago.

Also, still on the fence with SoulcaliburII HD Online... The price is super attractive but I remember how much of a mixed bag the 360 demo felt to me.
Did japanese voices ever get patched into the NA/EU release?

reminder

Maybe i'll get the Trials Fusion Deluxe Edition. I'm currently playing Trials Frontier on my tablet and really like it.

I'll wait for the october PS+ announcements first before i buy anything, though.

Oh shit so much stuff I've been waiting for sales on.

Feels like flOw and Flower PS3 haven't gone on sale for years.

Plus Child of Light, Rogue Legacy, Transistor and maybe Towerfall on PS4 :O

How are the PixelJunk games on PS3 as well? I've seen them mentioned around before but never looked at them too much.

gelf

Been some good deals on PSN for me lately. As if I didn't have enough of a backlog on Steam I now have a sizable one on PSN as well.

Tailzo

Steamworld dig (really fun game)
Transistor (Interesting strategy game)
Child of light (didn't try)
Valiant hearts (didn't try)

Bought 2 days ago.

I have a limited budget, this feels much more valuable than even 1 full priced game, even if 4 games cost is less than half than that.

Sakujou

Banned
Why is unfinished swan never on a sale??? Been waiting forever! I missed it, when it was on sale... And i think that was one of those daily sales during christmas :(

Also going to buy raiden IV omfg totally awesome!

tsab

What's Revenge of Shinobi like? I loved the arcade original and Shadow Dancer.

Its the Mega Drive/Genesis port

Why is unfinished swan never on a sale??? Been waiting forever! I missed it, when it was on sale... And i think that was one of those daily sales during christmas :(

I think Unfinished Swan was on sale TWICE!

Tizoc

It was on sale a few times earlier this year IIRC.

Sakujou

Banned
i swear to the holy chocobo, i try to track this shit down but i have never made it to get one of these deals.

it sucks so much since i really loved the demo and i want to get the whole game.

KDR_11k

Great sale this time. Going to pick up quite a lot fof these. Can recommend Monster Monpiece at this price a lot, it is a great card game on the PS Vita.

Did they ever fix the freeze bug? The EU version has a tendency to lock up after upgrading a card and I haven't seen a patch for it yet.

KDR_11k

Does that mean you lose your saves? Also they really should've announced that in some way, the update is from over two months ago, that's a long time that I've been sitting on a dud version for no real reason.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Does that mean you lose your saves? Also they really should've announced that in some way, the update is from over two months ago, that's a long time that I've been sitting on a dud version for no real reason.
They did announce it on Facebook and Twitter at least.
Don't know about the saves, but maybe it's possible to redownload and re-install the game while it's installed and therefore swapping the game binary but leaving the saves intact. Don't quote me on this and backup your game before attempting this. A last (or first if you have PS+) resort would be to upload your save to the PS+ cloud, but that requires PS+.

Top Bottom