• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2015

foltzie1

Looks like the Freedom Planet devs missed a bug: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkfjvup7g

Interesting that they suggest moving the game to an external HDD to fix it. Usually these types of bugs are caused by assets not loading fast enough, but this suggests that they're actually loading too fast. Sounds like they may have a race condition on their hands.

Not sure if this is significant enough for its own thread.

Interesting, I didnt know the flash was running faster than the USB2 bus speed for external drives.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The amount of indie games being released on the 3ds and Wii U lately with game breaking bugs (even if it effects a small % of users) is worry some. :/

Nightbird

Question:

I can buy one Panorama View Tour.

I already have the Bird one, wich was pretty cool, but i want another one. Wich one should i buy?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like next week, Japan is getting a demo for Project X Zone 2 where you can try the opening stages & earn an "Early Play Benefit Item" for each one you clear. Considering we got the PxZ demos as well (despite being freakin' 5 plays), guessing we'll get this one as well, though no idea when considering we have to wait until Nov. despite Japan getting it next month.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
After talking for an entire month about Super Mario Maker, Kit and Krista change completely the mood of the show with a brand new series about...Year Walk. Yep, an indie horror third party game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYZfmyTuhvg

This is the first episode.

If anyone thinks this is new-thread worthy, go for it :p

W-00

Looks like next week, Japan is getting a demo for Project X Zone 2 where you can try the opening stages & earn an "Early Play Benefit Item" for each one you clear. Considering we got the PxZ demos as well (despite being freakin' 5 plays), guessing we'll get this one as well, though no idea when considering we have to wait until Nov. despite Japan getting it next month.

Um... November is next month. We have to wait until February. Japan is getting the demo about five weeks before they get the game, so if the same is true for us, we'll get the demo in January.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Whoops, typo. Yeah, we gotta wait until Feb. (which makes no sense considering the sequel is happening the US version sold much better here & more than what Namco predicted/expected.) for the game while Japan is Nov. But agreed, Jan. seems like a good guess as to when we'll see the demo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
5 plays is more than enough for a PXZ demo as you never want to play any of those levels more than once.

I remember playing the games years after I played the demo and had flashbacks when I finally got to the level the longer demo covered.

dgco86

Somewhat related to the topic at hand. Almost lost my NNID after redeeming a Super Mario Maker code purchased off eBay. Be careful, everyone.

Just adding on to mrbigreddog's post.
I purchased the $33 (now listed at $40) Super Mario Maker code from eBay seller luibxiejxzity under the impression that it was taken from the console bundle.

When I checked my Wii U on Friday I was surprised to see that Super Mario Maker was revoked from my console and I was unable to add a credit card to my eShop. I called Nintendo and was bluntly told by the customer service representative that I was banned.
The representative told me that someone (and sort of implied that it was me) purchased $700 worth of codes from their online store using a stolen credit card and have banned all NNIDs linked to those codes.

In order to get unbanned I had to call Nintendo again and explain that I was an unknowing victim of this seller and not the one engaging in credit card fraud. After the customer service representative escalated my case to an associate, they sent me an email requesting information to assist in their investigation. I provided them with the following:

1. Screenshot of the original eBay listing
2. Screenshot of the eBay invoice confirming that I purchased the code from the seller
3. Screenshot of my Paypal invoice
4. Screenshot of the seller sending me the code via eBay messages
5. Screenshot of the seller's eBay feedback showing that he has scammed other people
6. Screenshot of the seller's history of sold items
7. Screenshots of an eBay case I opened alleging that my Nintendo account was banned as a result of the Super Mario Maker code

I was able to get unbanned within a few hours (possibly because of all the documents I provided) but was told that it would normally take 5 business days.

Anyway, lesson learned. I almost lost my NNID so I'm not going to bother with eBay codes from now on.

Just for emphasis: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH EBAY SELLER luibxiejxzity! I have already reported him to eBay and I believe they are currently investigating his activities. Unfortunately they have yet to ban his account or remove his auctions. He is continuing to sell these download codes and has already defrauded at least 18 more innocent victims so I hope that this message gets out to all who were thinking of purchasing these codes from him. If anyone knows how to get eBay feedback removed I'd appreciate it. I unfortunately left him positive feedback when I first got the code. :\

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/3lzzbk/learned_my_lesson_ebay_download_code_console/

Tizoc

Ugh
My hand hurts...Kid Icarus' control scheme is absurd, why can't just tapping the touch screen have Pit attack? Is there an option to do that? My hand hurts from holding my 3DS XL and holding the L button =_=

TheMoon

Ugh
My hand hurts...Kid Icarus' control scheme is absurd, why can't just tapping the touch screen have Pit attack? Is there an option to do that? My hand hurts from holding my 3DS XL and holding the L button =_=

kidicarus_3ds_stand75kw8.jpg

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
STARWHAL €9.99 / £8.99
Mario Sports Mix €14.99 / £13.49 / CHF 21.00 until15/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €19.99 / £17.99 / CHF 28.00
Whispering Willows €9.99 / £7.99

Wii U Virtual Console
Mario Golf €9.99 / £8.99
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures €7.99 / £5.49
Dig Dug II €4.99 / £3.49
Pocky & Rocky with Becky €6.99 / £6.29

3DS
3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 €4.99 / £4.49

=============
Price Reductions

Wii U
Citizens of Earth €4.99 / £4.00 / CHF 8.00 until22/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €11.99 / £9.99 / CHF 16.80
Little Inferno €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 6.99 until15/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF 13.99

3DS
Citizens of Earth €4.99 / £4.00 / CHF 8.00 until22/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €11.99 / £9.99 / CHF 16.80
Retro City Rampage: DX €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.69 until22/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €8.99 / £7.99 / CHF 12.99
Secret Agent Files: Miami €5.99 / £4.49 / CHF 5.99 until22/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €7.99 / £5.99 / CHF 7.99
Jewel Match 3 €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until22/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.99 / £4.99 / CHF 6.99
Funfair Party Games €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until22/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.99 / £4.99 / CHF 6.99
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until29/10/2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF 14.00

Permanent
3DS
Toy Stunt Bike €2.99 / £2.99

Phoenixus

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is an absolute must. Not sure about the rest.

Edit: ooh, citizens of earth on sale? Mine!
Wait, was Sports mix made by Square Enix? Or am I thinking of another game? I'd love for it to be the first sign of Western VC support from them if so!

L~A

Wait, was Sports mix made by Square Enix? Or am I thinking of another game? I'd love for it to be the first sign of Western VC support from them if so!

It's still a Nintendo game, so it's Nintendo who decides whether it's released on the eShop or not. Also, it's not VC, it's a Wii download.

So nope, no Squeenix games on VC yet : /

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, Rocky & Pocky on GBA? Still a shame it's not the SNES orignal, but I might nab it assuming it's a decent sequel.

TheMoon

It's irrelevant who developed it. It's a Nintendo published game. That has 0 effect on actual S-E publishing support.

full PR:

###############################

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Starwhal (Breakfall) - €9.99/£8.99
This Digital Entertainment Object for Home Console Hardware is all about love, respect, and ALL-OUT MAYHEM. Inspired by countless couch-gaming gatherings over the decades, Breakfall developed something competitive, creative, and immediately fun. STARWHAL is the number one local multiplayer couch gaming experience featuring marine mammals in outer space.

Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends October 15, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Pick characters from the worlds of both Nintendo and Square Enix or your favourite Mii characters as up to four players enjoy zany versions of Volleyball, Dodgeball, Hockey and Basketball. Use the Wii Remote to pull off special moves as you tackle challenges the whole family will find intuitive to get to grips with. Let the games begin!

Whispering Willows (Abstraction Games) - €9.99/£7.99
In Whispering Willows, you take on the role of Elena, a determined young girl with the extraordinary ability to project her spirit outside of her body. In her spectral form, Elena can interact with the benevolent spirits and wicked wraiths that used to dwell within the walls of the sinister Willows Mansion - lost souls, stuck in time and space, who hold the secrets that Elena will need to traverse the terrifying old manor. Players need to make use of Elena’s corporeal and ethereal forms to overcome obstacles, solve the riddles of the mansion’s enigmatic spectres, and find Elena’s lost father.

Mario Golf (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99

Please note: Mario Golf on Wii U Virtual Console is the US version of the game.

Tee off with Mario and friends as they put a new spin on golf! Choose from 14 different characters, each with their own power and swing styles. You can even taunt opponents to break their concentration! Mario Golf is packed with features, including 10 different modes (such as Tournament, Speed Golf and even Mini-Golf), and six different courses to play through by earning Experience Points to progress. With easy-to-learn gameplay and a four-player competitive mode, anyone can get into the swing of Mario Golf!

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (BANDAI NAMCO Games, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

Please note: Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures™ on Wii U Virtual Console is the US version of the game.

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures is an innovative interactive cartoon centred around the classic game star and his hilarious escapades. However Pac-Man has a mind of his own, and is prone to wandering into danger, so make sure you guide him safely: whether you’re just hanging out in the arcade, hang-gliding or minecart riding! Also there are two full, classic Pac-Man games to discover and enjoy: the original arcade Pac-Man and its sequel Ms. Pac-Man.

Dig Dug II (BANDAI NAMCO Games, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49 (-> no EU release so this is the NTSC version)

Please note: Dig Dug II™ on Wii U Virtual Console is the US version of the game.

After Dig Dug’s hero decides to take a well-earned vacation, there’s soon trouble in paradise as his old enemies return to wreak havoc with his holiday. It’s up to you to get rid of these irritating intruders and bring some tranquillity back to the idyllic island. Dig Dug II transports the action from underground to the surface, as you defeat enemies by inflating them with your trusty pump, or use your new jackhammer to drill fault lines to create cracks and sink parts of the island into the water – taking enemies with them!

Pocky & Rocky with Becky (Natsume Inc., GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29 (-> no EU release, so US version but irrelevant because handheld :D)

Please note: Communication features of the original game, such as Multi-Pak Link and Single Pak Link, are not available in the Wii U Virtual Console version. This game supports one player on Wii U Virtual Console.

When an evil hydra monster is awakened from its long slumber, fearsome mythical creatures are unleashed across the land. It’s up to the heroine Pocky, her racoon pal Rocky and their new friend Becky to stop the evil hydra’s plans! Choose from one of three characters and embark on a fantastical but dangerous adventure. Collect magical items and power-ups to battle your way through fearsome bosses and finally to the ultimate showdown with the dreaded hydra!

Special offers
Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €4.99/£4.00 (Ends October 22, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 15, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (SEGA) - €4.99/£4.49
Sonic is here to save the day, and this time he’s got help from his friend Tails! Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik) is back and is planning on building his ultimate weapon: the Death Egg. To do so, he’s going to turn the animal inhabitants of Mobius into his own personal army of Badniks. Can Sonic obtain the 7 Chaos Emeralds and stop him once and for all? 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is remastered in 3D and full of new features! Is the Chemical Plant Zone your favourite stage? Use “Stage Select” and start running wherever you want! Run fast without worrying about your rings. Cut your losses by choosing Ring Keeper Mode – only half your rings will be lost after taking damage! Keeping your rings and stopping Dr. Eggman’s evil scheme is important, but don’t forget to take some time off from saving the world to play against your friends in the 2 Player VS and CO-OP Mode using Local Play!

Special offers
Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €4.99/£4.00 (Ends October 22, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 22, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends October 22, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends October 22, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends October 22, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 29, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Toy Stunt Bike (Woobly Tooth) - €2.99/£2.99 (Permanent, was €4.99/£4.49)

daydream

Banned
mario sports mix, called it

better think twice about getting that one, folks. i guess there's a little bit of fun to be had, but yeah, shouldn't be a priority purchase.

Glass Rebel

Tempted to pick up both 3D Sonic 2 and Starwhal this week. I played the browser based original Starwhal to death with my brother, can only imagine the shenanigans on a console.

maxcriden

Ugh

In addition to Moon's suggestion, I found resting the 3DS on your left thigh or a hard surface (but ideally your thigh while semi-lying down/sitting with your legs up on an ottoman) to work best. Kinda hard to explain but hopefully that makes sense. The game is best in 30 minute or less sessions though.

Oh snap, Rocky & Pocky on GBA? Still a shame it's not the SNES orignal, but I might nab it assuming it's a decent sequel.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/game-boy-advance/pocky-rocky-with-becky

I remember thinking it looked charming when it came out, despite no familiarity with the series, and then being bummed by the lackluster reviews.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Went back to Smash this past weekend with the kiddos.

Ugh getting there was a pain in the ass. Downloaded the new update only for my Smash data to be corrupted. So I had to delete my update data, and then redownload. First time that's ever happened to me on my Wii U.

Oh well kids and I had fun.

Also for all those that wonder why the fuck it was ever even invented. My son always wants to use his 3ds as a Smash controller on the Wii U. :p

TheMoon

NOE's website confirms Mario Golf 64, Dig Dug II as NTSC versions (the latter was obvious). The Pac Man 2 page isn't up yet though ...

Javier

How's the N64 port of Resident Evil 2? I remember Capcom stated they wanted to put it on Wii VC but couldn't due to size limit. It shouldn't be an issue now.

GulAtiCa

How's the N64 port of Resident Evil 2? I remember Capcom stated they wanted to put it on Wii VC but couldn't due to size limit. It shouldn't be an issue now.

It's very good. Would love to see that, Doom 64, Hexen, etc on VC!

I need to re-set up my N64 again.

jmizzal

oh really? I would love that

I also can see the RE2 remake making to NX

tolkir

I have just realized, updating the week summary, that Race the Sun releases this week too.
Nintendo's PR doesn't mention it.

Race the Sun (Flippfly | €9.99 | £6.99) Upcoming 10/08

It was delayed last week.

@gaf, I have a question regarding system transfer:

What happens to a pre-installed game if I perform a system transfer?
New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition Pack
A, 3DS XL --> B, New 3DS (non-XL)
I am getting a Animal Crossing New 3DS Bundle and it has a pre-installed digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. Whats the correct step to ensure that I don't loose games from my XL and from the New 3DS?

After transfer to the N3DS your digital copy of HHD will be deleted, but it will merge the software license in to your existing NNID. You'll be able to go to the eShop where it will be free to redownload.

Nintendo should match that Sony spend $100 get $15 back deal. With no club Nintendo they aren't having any form of promotions. When was the last promotion? I would guess E3...but those "deals" weren't great.

Isnt their new loyalty program starting soon? Maybe that's why

tolkir

Nintendo should match that Sony spend $100 get $15 back deal. With no club Nintendo they aren't having any form of promotions. When was the last promotion? I would guess E3...but those "deals" weren't great.

Isnt their new loyalty program starting soon? Maybe that's why

We had 2 years of Nintendo Premium with Wii U. It would be good a comeback somehow.

Top Bottom