• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2015

sörine

Banned
Man these games look good, hope they make it out west.
I'm surprised Agetec or Ghostlight or someone hasn't done them already. Gothic's already localized even.

Meanwhile, in Germany ...

*crickets*

They can't tell me they have no way to scrounge together the cash for a USK rating with a successful game like this.
We're still waiting for that patch in America too. How do you even ship game with no sound in off-tv?

TheMoon

sörine;180972904 said:
We're still waiting for that patch in America too. How do you even ship game with no sound in off-tv?

That's ridiculous. Ninty doesn't charge for game updates. What's their problem (other than not giving a shit).

foltzie1

I dont think understand the idea of having different versions of your game for different regions.

Wouldnt you just add languages and ratings logos as you are ready for more countries?

Then when you have an actual content update you dont have to patch each version, just publish to all?

TheMoon

I dont think understand the idea of having different versions of your game for different regions.

Wouldnt you just add languages and ratings logos as you are ready for more countries?

Then when you have an actual content update you dont have to patch each version, just publish to all?

I'm no dev so I don't know with 100% certainty but here's how it looks to me from observing Nintendo for years. NOE, NOA, NCL etc are all independent from each other to a certain extent. There's no one master server that you "push" an update to like you'd do on steam or whatever. To do stuff with your game you have to submit whatever it is (the game itself, media assets, an update file) to the regional branch who will then go through the lotcheck (certification) process and push it out into the world when it passes. When you do that in one region, that's the only one it'll take effect in. So you have to plan ahead and apply yourself a bit.

foltzie1

I'm no dev so I don't know with 100% certainty but here's how it looks to me from observing Nintendo for years. NOE, NOA, NCL etc are all independent from each other to a certain extent. There's no one master server that you "push" an update to like you'd do on steam or whatever. To do stuff with your game you have to submit whatever it is (the game itself, media assets, an update file) to the regional branch who will then go through the lotcheck (certification) process and push it out into the world when it passes. When you do that in one region, that's the only one it'll take effect in. So you have to plan ahead and apply yourself a bit.

Even if that's the case, wouldn't you run one packaging system on your side and upload to different destinations?

TheMoon

Even if that's the case, wouldn't you run one packaging system on your side and upload to different destinations?

Sure, that's where the part of "giving a fuck" comes into play. Which is a problem with Ludosity apparently. Because there's no other explanation for the situation.

Ondore

So that means we're looking at tomorrow in NA:

Wii U
Pocky & Rocky with Becky
Race the Sun
Whispering Willows
Momonga Pinball Adventures
Perpetual Blast

3DS
3D Sonic 2
Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash (Friday)

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to get for like 5-8 dollars on the 3DS eshop?

I'm thinking of getting Soul of Darkness DSiWare. I already have quite a few games.

Here's a list of my digital games that I already have:

Full retail games

Yoshi's New Island
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Virtual Console

Mega Man
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Land
Sonic Triple Trouble
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man IV (GB)
Mega Man V (GB)
Mega Man IV (NES)
Ghosts'N Goblins
Fantasy Zone

eShop Games

SteamWorld Dig
2 Fast 4 Gnomz
Fractured Soul
Dark Void Zero
Pushmo
Sakura Samurai
Kokuga
Nano Assault Ex
NightSky
Guide to Louvre
VVVVVV
Shovel Knight
Escape Vektor
Chain Blaster
AiRace Speed
The Denpa Men 2
Classic Games Overload
Ikachan
Attack of the Friday Monsters
Kung Fu Rabbit
Crimson Shroud
Metal Torrent
Pokedex 3D Pro
Mutant Mudds
Gunman Clive 1 + 2
Witch and Hero
Mighty Switch Force 1 + 2
Bike Rider DX
Cubit
Pokemon Shuffle
Pokemon Rumble World
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Mighty Gunvolt
HarmoKnight
Boxboy
Jett Rocket II
Bloo Kid 2
GG Series Dark Spirits
GG Series Ninja Den
Retro City Rampage
Woah Dave
Olli Olli
Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure
Johnny Dynamite
Sky Peace
Fluidity Spin Cycle

Umibozu

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to get for like 5-8 dollars on the 3DS eshop?

I'm thinking of getting Soul of Darkness DSiWare. I already have quite a few games.
souls of darkness is ok.

Going by your taste from the games listed here's some other games to consider:
3d shinobi 3
bloody vampire
zombie incident (can wait for a sale)
the legend of the dark witch (goes on sale every few months)
swords and darkness (wait for a sale)
gb donkey kong
wario land 1/2/3

edit: I would also suggest 3d outrun, but I don't know if it aligns with your tastes
if you like rpgs there's more I can list

souls of darkness is ok.

Going by your taste from the games listed here's some other games to consider:
3d shinobi 3
bloody vampire
zombie incident (can wait for a sale)
the legend of the dark witch (goes on sale every few months)
swords and darkness (wait for a sale)
gb donkey kong
wario land 1/2/3

edit: I would also suggest 3d outrun, but I don't know if it aligns with your tastes
if you like rpgs there's more I can list

Thanks for the list! I'll look some of these up. I already have shinobi, which I thought was a little too hard. I liked the demo of Swords and Darkness so I'll look for a sale on that.

Might consider some of the VC games, also thought about Mario Land 2 or the Kirby's Dreamland games.

I do like some RPGs but not as much as I used to.

Umibozu

Thanks for the list! I'll look some of these up. I already have shinobi, which I thought was a little too hard. I liked the demo of Swords and Darkness so I'll look for a sale on that.

Might consider some of the VC games, also thought about Mario Land 2 or the Kirby's Dreamland games.

I do like some RPGs but not as much as I used to.
Yea, mastering the double jump is what makes shinobi hard for me personally.

The first dreamland can be completed in less than an hour, but the dreamland 2 is a full fledged game and worth checking out.
Mario land 2 is good and the themed worlds offer variety.

An rpg, shining force (gamegear) is cheap, and the mission based structure makes it good for playing on a handheld.
Mole mania (gameboy) is a good puzzle game that is cheap as well and offers a lot of content.

I'm interested in this insofar as for playing other peoples' games. How easy would it be to do?
Also is the in game tutorial good for someone with no development experience?

It's super easy to try out other people's content that they've made public, you just have to type in the download key and you can get it from The Cloud™.

I can't really speak to the in-game tutorial or whatever since I haven't tried it myself, but I know they include a full manual and a bunch of example code. And as a computer scientist I can't speak from the perspective of no development experience, either. But I started out with a form of BASIC myself, it's a great beginner's language.

Umibozu

It's super easy to try out other people's content that they've made public, you just have to type in the download key and you can get it from The Cloud™.

I can't really speak to the in-game tutorial or whatever since I haven't tried it myself, but I know they include a full manual and a bunch of example code. And as a computer scientist I can't speak from the perspective of no development experience, either. But I started out with a form of BASIC myself, it's a great beginner's language.
Cool, will get it when it comes and hope it gets an active gaf community.

maxcriden

Wow,

Wii U eShop Downloads Chart for 10/8

Software

1. Super Mario Maker
2. Freedom Planet
3. Super Mario World
4. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Splatoon
6. Super Mario 64
7. Super Mario Bros. 3
8. Super Mario Bros.
9. Pac-Man
10. Shovel Knight
11. Zelda: A Link to the Past
12. Year Walk
13. Donkey Kong 64
14. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
15. Runbow
16. Donkey kong Country
17. Starwhal
18. The Legend of Zelda
19. Mario Kart 8
20. Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

(via NintendoEverything.com and GoNintendo.com)

Wow. I am really impressed with how well Freedom Planet is doing.

L~A

Chibi Robo is THIS WEEK?
I hate being broke :/

You can move to Europe is the game comes out too early for you... then again, might be a tad more expensive than the game itself ;)

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash – Our tiny hero, Chibi-Robo, is geared up to save the world’s resources from invading aliens in his own HUGE platformer! Whip and swing Chibi-Robo’s powerful plug and cord to grapple and zip through tricky, trap-ridden corridors.
3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Classic game Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is here … and in 3D! Sonic is ready to save the day, and this time he’s got help from his friend Tails. But don’t forget to take some time off from saving the world to play against your friends in two-player “VS” and “CO-OP” modes using Nintendo 3DS local play. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
The Legend of Legacy – A mysterious island emerges, prompting adventurers to head toward it in hopes of obtaining glory and treasure. Join the seven characters in The Legend of Legacy and unravel the mystery of Avalon’s past. The Legend of Legacy will be available on Oct. 13. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Pocky & Rocky with Becky – It’s up to Pocky, Rocky the Raccoon and Becky to set out on a fantastical and dangerous journey to seal the Hydra Dragon once more. Choose one of three selectable characters in this Game Boy Advance adventure, and collect magical items and a variety of power-ups that enhance each character’s unique spells and abilities.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Buy or own Runbow on Wii U and save 30 percent on select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games in the Nintendo eShop until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct 22. Click here to learn more.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Explody Bomb up to 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
Little Inferno is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 15.
KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Funfair Party Games, Jewel Match 3 and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit and Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends from Majesco are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 19.
Darts Up 3D, Soccer Up 3D and more games from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
Retro City Rampage: DX is 40 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 26.
escapeVektor is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.49) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 10 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 24.
Real Heroes Firefighter 3D is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $8 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 8.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

SEGA Game Gear Theme
SEGA Genesis Theme
Chibi-Robo & Friends

Also new this week:

RACE THE SUN (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Whispering Willows (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Perpetual Blast (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Goosebumps: The Game (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Oct. 13
The Smurfs (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Oct. 13

No idea what the Runbow deal is for... offer page hasn't been updated yet.

Tizoc

You can move to Europe is the game comes out too early for you... then again, might be a tad more expensive than the game itself ;)

NA:

My 3DS XL is a UK one :p
Which is funny because over here:
Sony systems are EU region
Ninty systems are US region
this applies to games too. 1st party nintendo games are avaialble in both EU and US regions though, but 3DS games are too pricey over here :/
EDIT: well whadya know, Amazon UK has the Chibi Robo+amiibo bundle now~ Let's see where I can find it cheaper.

L~A

My 3DS XL is a UK one :p
Which is funny because over here:
Sony systems are EU region
Ninty systems are US region
this applies to games too. 1st party nintendo games are avaialble in both EU and US regions though, but 3DS games are too pricey over here :/
EDIT: well whadya know, Amazon UK has the Chibi Robo+amiibo bundle now~ Let's see where I can find it cheaper.

That's a unique combination of regions ;)

Boogiepop

Well, Sonic 2 makes this a good week for me. Also, already have it physical, but dang that's cheap for Overclocked. And that Pocky and Rocky game is supposed to be awful, yeah?

Ondore

sörine;181057912 said:
Eager to see how the Genesis theme turned out.

I hope we still get SMS, Saturn and DC too.

Sega just sent PR: We will get those themes over the next few months.

I'm excited for Chibi Robo.....just noticed there is no OT for it nor any discussion except is might being the last entry ever in the series....guess this game will bomb =[

tolkir

Week finoshi.

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Little Inferno is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 15.
  • Buy or own Runbow on Wii U and save 30 percent on select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games in the Nintendo eShop until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct 22.
  • Explody Bomb up to 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
  • KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appétit and Gardening Mama 2: Forest Friends from Majesco are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 19.
  • Retro City Rampage: DX is 40 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
  • Funfair Party Games, Jewel Match 3 and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22.
  • escapeVektor is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.49) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 10 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 24.
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is more than 60 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 26.
  • Real Heroes Firefighter 3D is up to 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 29.
  • Darts Up 3D, Soccer Up 3D and more games from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
  • Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $8 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 8.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo | €14.99 | £13.49 until 10/15, then €19.99 | £17.99)
    TM_Wii_MarioSportsMix_search_thumb.png

Wii U | Sales

• Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 15, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €4.99/£4.00 (Ends October 22, normally €11.99/£9.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €4.99/£4.00 (Ends October 22, normally €11.99/£9.99)
  • Retro City Rampage: DX (Vblank Entertainment Inc.) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 22, normally €8.99/£7.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends October 22, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends October 22, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends October 22, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 29, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Toy Stunt Bike (Woobly Tooth) - €2.99/£2.99 (Permanent, was €4.99/£4.49)

uxwGK.png

Kodaman

No idea what the Runbow deal is for... offer page hasn't been updated yet.

Games:
-Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
-Azure Striker GUNVOLT
-Chariot
-Mutant Mudds
-Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
-SteamWorld Dig
-Mutant Mudds Deluxe
-Xeodrifter
-Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
-Sportsball
-Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
-Telsagrad
-The Fall

Nice sale.

Well, Sonic 2 makes this a good week for me. Also, already have it physical, but dang that's cheap for Overclocked. And that Pocky and Rocky game is supposed to be awful, yeah?

Awful is right. It's nowhere near as good as the SNES original, worse graphics and music, NO MULTIPLAYER, and can be easily beaten in 20 mins. Yup, the game is 20-30 mins long (30 on expert). The characters also have moves removed from the SNES games. Avoid!!!!

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/649999131344273409

Natsume states in the replies that they're not putting any more SNES games on the VC, but I REALLY wish they'd stop with that "Nintendo is moving on to different consoles" BS. We got a NES game last week and an SNES game the week before, so it's not like Nintendo is preventing 3rd parties from putting older games on the VC.

Nintendo (of America) is barely putting out any VC as it is anyways. Who knows how long these VC titles have been in the queue. It could be true.

Javier

Nintendo (of America) is barely putting out any VC as it is anyways. Who knows how long these VC titles have been in the queue. It could be true.
But that doesn't make sense. Natsume is not putting their older games in Europe either, and this week in Europe included a NES and a SNES game, so it's not a NoA thing.

Considering Nintendo nor any other 3rd parties have made this claim, I think Natsume is simply not willing to put the games (either out of laziness or because they don't think they'll sell) and just coming up with an excuse that doesn't make them look like the bad guy.

But that doesn't make sense. Natsume is not putting their older games in Europe either, and this week in Europe included a NES and a SNES game, so it's not a NoA thing.

Considering Nintendo nor any other 3rd parties have made this claim, I think Natsume is simply not willing to put the games (either out of laziness or because they don't think they'll sell) and just coming up with an excuse that doesn't make them look like the bad guy.

What I'm saying is, is that it could be true and we are just seeing what's left in the queue. Just because new VC titles that are releasing are NES/SNES, doesn't mean Natsume is lying. Who knows how long these games have been waiting to release.

We KNOW that NOA has been sitting on Zero Mission for nearly a year. If they're willing to sit on their own game, and with Nintendo's treatment of 3rd parties, it could easily be closed off.

I just want Super Mario RPG :(

Umibozu

In natsume's defense they had six gba vc games that were supposed to come out in june/july. Some games got pushed into fall for some reason and not even all of them have been released yet. It makes much more sense to blame nintendo for the handling of the vc. Even companies that are eager to get their games up like capcom have stated that it is nintendo that is holding back the releases (from the queue system most likely).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I was told the other day by the creator of the game Mystik Belle Andrew Bado that the game is coming to pretty much every platform under the sun including the Wii U in early 2016. A 3DS version is also being planned but that one is apparently going to be further down the road given the limitations of the platform.

In natsume's defence they had six gba vc games that were supposed to come out in june/july. Some games got pushed into fall for some reason and not even all of them have been released yet. It makes much more sense to blame nintendo for the handling of the vc. Even companies that are eager to get their games up like capcom have stated that it is nintendo that is holding back the releases (from the queue system most likely).

This is really depressing. Why is Nintendo; more importantly, NOA, so horrible with VC releasing? What kind of service is continually holding back releases for months? Why would I be a partner with Nintendo when they do this? There's zero incentive.

Ondore

The PR said they're coming at a later date. Presumably they have to replace the Genesis references with Mega Drive ones :p

Top Bottom