• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we know....which system(s) will you be buying next gen?

topramen

I would say we don't really "know" anything. Not until we get more specifics

Let's hold off on the hysteria.

But that being said. Steambox!

Yerolo

Cant wait for Giant Bomb's take on all this in tomorrow's podcast. Knowing them though, they will see the positives in all of it. They predicted something like this would happen anyway, so probably came as no big shock to them

Brashnir

None, until I find out how fucked or not-fucked PS4s business model is.

Wii U is out for the time being until it gets a significant amount of software I give a shit about.

Xbox One is out so long as their ridiculous game licenses are in effect.

PS4 still has a chance to win me by showing some quality games and not bowing to EAs Offline Pass demands.

Toadofsky

Banned
I'm giving each system a year at least before I'm vested in any of them.

So far, the PS4 is looking better than Xbox One. If Sony shows off good content on the Vita, I may finally get one considering I'm a PlayStation Plus member now.

A Wii U is in the cards, mainly because I'm a die hard Nintendo fan but I wait for more games I want for it.

PS4, PC, Vita, 3DS and eventually a Wii U when the price seriously goes down from its current price.

Xbox One is only possible if I get it as a gift or for free and then resell it to someone after playing the games I want on it.

SnowTeeth

Banned
Based purely on the fact that I went through 10 Xbox 360's (3 RROD's and the rest were HDD failures) before I found a working one, which has now RROD'ed itself btw, I can safely say I will not be buying an Xbox One, or another Microsoft console ever.
I also don't watch TV, care about sports and live in Australia, where the TV aspect won't be available immediately. So even if Microsoft hadn't told me 'fuck you, pitiful consumer' several times whilst laughing all the way to the bank I don't really see the point of buying one.

So PS4, Vita and PC it is.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I already have a 3DS and WiiU, will probably get PS4 for Japanese-developed exclusives (Atelier series, Project Diva series, etc). No interest whatsoever in Xbox One, unless miraculously a Lost Odyssey 2 gets announced at E3.

artist

Banned
I'll stick with PC. If the Wii U picks up by Q4 (seriously doubt) then I will have two options - PS4 or Wii U.

Sorry Microsoft, I'm out.

jackrubyn

Always been a Xbox person, but yesterday's event was painfully uneventful.
Just hearing that guy talk so excitedly about exclusive content for a new Call of Duty game? Fuck right off. And Forza 5 looked like some random PGR game (I've never been a fan). Maybe I'll buy a PS4. Maybe nothing.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Without BC, I'm not confirmed for either XBO or PS4 on day one yet. They'll have to really impress with a steady stream of quality content through the typical post-launch drought period to make me abandon current gen this time around. If they can't do that, then I'll probably just stick with a PS3 and PS+ membership for another year or so.

Wii U and PS4. I have been that way since the N64/PS1 days. Microsoft has yet to impress me with any of their 3 consoles. I don't like DLC, I don't play online all that much, and I don't care about media capabilities. I am literally all about the games and Nintendo along with Sony offer me this more so then Microsoft.

Pretty sold on the PS4 so far...

When the Wii U gets some big games and a price drop I might be interested in it as well.

Xbox One is doing nothing for me right now, but that could change.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't decided yet. I'll probably end up with both like usual. I guess E3 will give me a better idea of what's coming. I already have WiiU.

Well, I have still no idea which console is getting the most interesting games, but I'm rooting for the PS4, since the information we have about it is much more pleasing than the Xbox One.

larvi

No plans for any of them right now. Will continue working through my backlog of current gen console/handheld games and pick up new stuff on the PC.

Top Bottom