• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX officially has the least time between reveal and release of any Nintendo platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Announcement for reveal happening at the investor meeting would make sense.

Really? Aren't Nintendo investor meetings the dryest, dullest things ever? I don't see them suddenly turning them into marketing events, and even announcing the reveal date at one would start to turn attention on them for the future

Really? Aren't Nintendo investor meetings the dryest, dullest things ever? I don't see them suddenly turning them into marketing events, and even announcing the reveal date at one would start to turn attention on them for the future

AFAIK every Nintendo system for the past while has been first namedropped in an investor's meeting with its name/codename, a brief summary of what it is, and the timing of when it'll launch and when they'll formally unveil it.

It'd be par for the course, basically. This is information that is directly relevant to investors as it involves the future of their business.

Also remember that OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were announced during an investors' meeting (IIRC because they had poor FY results and needed something to persuade investors this year would be better).

LP0wMDC.jpg

Damn, when did this image appear? More than a year already? And we still know next to nothing about the NX.

Speely

Banned
Yeah, I forgot.

I guess the next available date for the NX reveal would be the third week of January. Book it everyone!

My sources tell me that Nintendo has paid every major publisher to not announce a game or release a game the second week of May so they can finally announce the NX without having to deal with the announcement being overshadowed by anyone else doing anything at all.

My sources tell me that Nintendo has paid every major publisher to not announce a game or release a game the second week of May so they can finally announce the NX without having to deal with the announcement being overshadowed by anyone else doing anything at all.
Lol

TBH I think I'm starting to believe we won't hear anything about NX until the investors meeting.

When Nintendo said they would talk about NX by "years end" I think they literally meant by the end of the year.

I believe Super Mario Maker releases the first week or so of December. My new guess is the NX will be revealed in December after SMM releases.

Nintendo can't announce NX in December either. Super Mario Run and Super Mario Maker for 3DS comes out.

hahaha

I think we're all over doing it at this point. If this was the case then the NX would never get revealed. It's going to be revealed between some game no matter what. Nintendo shouldn't even give a crap about what games are revealing around this time. Pokémon is good on its own.

Kinsei

Banned
Lol

TBH I think I'm starting to believe we won't hear anything about NX until the investors meeting.

When Nintendo said they would talk about NX by "years end" I think they literally meant by the end of the year.

I believe Super Mario Maker releases the first week or so of December. My new guess is the NX will be revealed in December after SMM releases.

That's smart. Telling consumers about a new console during the holidays. It's not like that's the one time of the year that they don;t want to hear about new expensive things. If we don;t get a reveal by the end of this month then we won't be hearing about it until the end of January at the earliest.

KingJ2002

if it comes out in March.

yeah... with Nintendo Mobile generating so much money it could buy them some time... but it would be a mistake to do so. They need to take advantage of Q1 and release a steady stream of games... then use the momentum throughout the year.

with the 3DS on it's last lap and the Wii U on life support... they need the NX combined with mobile offerings to show a strong 2017.

That's smart. Telling consumers about a new console during the holidays. It's not like that's the one time of the year that they don;t want to hear about new expensive things. If we don;t get a reveal by the end of this month then we won't be hearing about it until the end of January at the earliest.
I was pulling a Mucho Malo there lol. Man all these guys saying "Nintendo will announce the event at the investors meeting" getting in my head.

I'm with you. When Nintendo said back in May that they won't announce NX until later this year I said no way they would do it during the holiday months, being November and December especially. Nobody ever reveals a brand new system during those two months for a reason.

Either two things are happening I believe.
A) NX will get revealed prior to the investors meeting
B) NX will get revealed in January (this goes against what Nintendo said)

It makes absolutely no sense to announce a product which won't released until months at the begining of the big shoping period of the end of the year. A november reveal would be stupid. "behold the NX, the wondeful console your kids will want for christmas but that won't release before march of next year!!!", and the malls would see average moms asking for this new nintendo console their kids asked for, only to answer them that no, they don't have it.

It has to be october.
If it is not, then the thing is probably delayed, who knows by how much months, which seems unlikely to me, cause Nintendo would have naught to cover the first half of next year.

I don't know. It should be simple. But it is so circonvoluted.

My nephew wants NX as a late Christmas present but his mum won't agree to it until she's seen it with her own eyes.

She usually does her Christmas shopping early, so if it hasn't been shown off by part way through this month then she's just going to get him a PS4 Slim instead.

AdanVC

I'm simply done with predictions. 10th month of 2016 and we still don't know shit about this thing... and to think it's probably gonna continue like that until that investors meeting right at the end of october... only so they announce a delay or that they will fully unveil the system until early next year or something. FML!!!

ramparter

Banned
My nephew wants NX as a late Christmas present but his mum won't agree to it until she's see it with her own eyes.

She usually does her Christmas shopping early, so if it hasn't been shown off by part way through this month then she's just going to get him a PS4 Slim instead.
Late Christmas as in March 17? Cause it ain't coming sooner...

AniHawk

three weeks to go and then we'll get more concrete end of year info. they do need to allow stores to take preorders and gauge whether or not their strategy is working, but i don't think it's dire that it absolutely must be revealed this month either. i think that if they're waiting for so long, they could be finalizing what might or might not be available for launch and beyond: not just including games, but also features and technical aspects. the wii u and the 3ds both had issues here. the 3ds was kind of dumped on the market before the end of the fiscal year, when they didn't really have games ready for it or even the eshop. the wii u had even fewer games ready and a super slow os.

I get the impression that it will be December 21 and some of you will still be talking about sensible timelines and Nintendo promised and a March release.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I get the impression that it will be December 21 and some of you will still be talking about sensible timelines and Nintendo promised and a March release.

You just don't understand. Everything Nintendo does in terms of timeline is just genius, you'll see. I mean, look at the previous launches. /s

Jackano

Stop bumping this thread, if Mr Kimishima read it he will get angry and delay both the NX and the NX announcement.

ggx2ac

How about this for news?

The only time I remember seeing someone get banned in an NX thread was that guy that kept saying "Awesome :)" and claimed he knew inside information about NX.

Some guy is telling SuperMetalDave that he is some junior that got banned from NeoGAF because of defending SMD.

https://twitter.com/SMetaldave64/status/782727720027303936

Does anyone recognise this guy that was supposedly banned? Sounds very suspicious. Like someone spreading FUD.

We've got regulars here so someone would have noticed someone getting banned. Even in the SMD and PlayerEssence thread no one got banned in that.

Hermii

How about this for news?

The only time I remember seeing someone get banned in an NX thread was that guy that kept saying "Awesome :)" and claimed he knew inside information about NX.

Some guy is telling SuperMetalDave that he is some junior that got banned from NeoGAF because of defending SMD.

Does anyone recognise this guy that was supposedly banned? Sounds very suspicious. Like someone spreading FUD.

We've got regulars here so someone would have noticed someone getting banned. Even in the SMD and PlayerEssence thread no one got banned in that.
That's pretty terrible as news.

ggx2ac

It's more like gossip.

Anyways chances are nobody got banned simply for defending SMD's arguments/rumors.

That's true, I've seen people siding with SuperMetalDave this whole time and say that the Eurogamer rumours were disproven or even members saying stuff about Emily Rogers but I only remember that "Awesome :)" guy getting banned.

Hermii

It's more like gossip.

Anyways chances are nobody got banned simply for defending SMD's arguments/rumors.
Let's test it. I volunteer to sacrifice myself.

SMD is right about everything. NX is not a hybrid and will use a powerful AMD Polaris. It will outperform PS4 Pro. SMD has irrefutable evidence of this.

mrback

I cant see them announcing this year now, we are now in october & the start of the year end malaise. I really hope they do but I just cant see it now. Not clicking on any NX thread until it's revealed now. Just driving me a bit nuts. Heck I even had a dream that they revealed it as 'Gameboy2' how daft is that!?!?!

Widge

I want to know if this is going to get announced so the price of the WiiU will tank. The wee lad wants one for his birthday and its RRP was £100 more than the PS4 price crash!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How about this for news?

I looked, and this guy was banned for insisting everyone should be allowed to call black people the n-word without criticism.

If that was Super Metal Dave's position as well, I don't know why we are posting about him on this site and would ask that you refrain from doing so in the future.

I want to know if this is going to get announced so the price of the WiiU will tank. The wee lad wants one for his birthday and its RRP was £100 more than the PS4 price crash!

The wii u price probably won't tank. That happened months, if not years ago now, to clear excess units, now there just isn't much stock anywhere. I wouldn't expect much more than a small drop, if that.

ggx2ac

I looked, and this guy was banned for insisting everyone should be allowed to call black people the n-word without criticism.

If that was Super Metal Dave's position as well, I don't know why we are posting about him on this site and would ask that you refrain from doing so in the future.

I understand.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I start to think that they will announce the reveal date prior to the Investors meeting, but that it will actually be AFTER the meeting itself (27 October).
Considering how a couple of weeks after they will release their possible bigger success of the gen softwre wise (Pokémon Sun/Moon), at this point my fear is that they will host the event/Direct only in December.

Does anybody remember exactly what Emily said for NX this month? Did she say the NX was getting revealed or the announcement date was getting revealed this month?

Looks like she said October reveal. I'm putting a lot of faith in her. If I believe her NX rumors about the hybrid then I'm fully on October reveal.

ggx2ac

I start to think that they will announce the reveal date prior to the Investors meeting, but that it will actually be AFTER the meeting itself (27 October).
Considering how a couple of weeks after they will release their possible bigger success of the gen softwre wise (Pokémon Sun/Moon), at this point my fear is that they will host the event/Direct only in December.

Nintendo has to reveal their forecast for this thing. They said they would talk about NX this year.

So they have to inform investors how many units of NX are being planned for shipping.

Although...

One reason I can see them delaying that forecast is to gauge the reception on the reveal of the NX.

Depending on the reception of what the NX is, its price and software would affect their confidence in the product and would reflect how much they plan to ship before the end of the fiscal year.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
If it turns out the release is pushed back to later in 2017, like November, I can't imagine the meltdowns here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom