• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Shuffle now available in EU

L~A

Just saw cw_sasuke mentions that on Twitter, and went to check.... and yup, Pokémon Shuffle is now available on the EU eShop! The NA will definitely follow later today.

Of course, download is free.

Prices:

1 for €0.99, 6 for €4.99, 12 for €8.99, 35 for €24.99, and 75 for €47.99

Spending limit of 100€, 80$ or 150 AU$/NZ$/month if you're not 18yo.
Only up to 150 jewels can be carried at all times (you cannot purchase more if you've reached that).

Blablurn

Awesome !
qBsuB5s.png

Joey Ravn

Banned
Downloading it right now... mainly out of curiosity. I bought Pokémon Link a year or so ago and have barely touched it. I was expecting a new Pokémon Puzzle League... was sorely disappointed.

Edit: Oh, yeah. The 3DS is terrible at downloading stuff from the eShop. It always cut my download randomly and I have to manually restart it. I can't wait till I have enough money to get a N3DS.

Huh, you lose hearts even if you beat the level?

It just takes one away whenever you start the stage no matter what.

To all those just starting it out get ready for HAND HOLDING. The new Pokelady blabs on for a bit at the start, got a bit annoying.

Fun game, I like Pokemon and I like match 3 puzzle stuff, and the Pokemon type advantage and battling/catching aspect is cool - but the pay to play stuff means I can never fully embrace this one.

Bring on Puzzle & Dragon please.

L~A

Interesting...

Spending limit of 100€, 80$ or 150 AU$/NZ$/month.
Only up to 150 jewels can be carried at all times (you cannot purchase more if you've reached that).

I'm guessing the spending limit info is in the manual. Is there any other interesting stuff in there (like streetpass info).

I'd check for myself but I don't have an NNID...

I'm guessing the spending limit info is in the manual. Is there any other interesting stuff in there (like streetpass info).

From the other thread:

I've Streetpassed with my GF once since we turned it on for Pokemon Shuffle and it gave me 1 gem.

It said for your first Streetpass here is 1 gem, so that wording maybe means you get different things depending on how many Streetpasses you've had for it?

We've only had it long enough for one Streetpass so far, will be interesting to see what you get for others.

gerudoman

It mentions the streetpass feature very briefly, apparently it only exchange gameplay records. I might be wrong, but I remember reading you could get jewels by streetpassing and that doesn't seem to be the case, or at least it isn't mentioned.

There's a feature called Check In which can give you hearts, jewels or special stages with rare Pokémon once a day.

Mew is the special Pokemon event at the moment, I beat him but he broke out of my Pokeball. :( Guess I need to use the Greatball stuff. You get coins for beating him at least. Mega Audino power!

It mentions the streetpass feature very briefly, apparently it only exchange gameplay records. I might be wrong, but I remember reading you could get jewels by streetpassing and that doesn't seem to be the case, or at least it isn't mentioned.

I got a jewel reward for my first Streetpass.

Tillbo

Apart from the In-App-Purchases, is this essentially the same game as Pokemon Link Battle/Trozei or are there any major differences?

Apart from the In-App-Purchases, is this essentially the same game as Pokemon Link Battle/Trozei or are there any major differences?
From media coverage I'd say it is very different.

If Pokemon Link Battle is bejewled then this is Candy Crush Saga. Oh they're both match 3 games you say, well one is much more action orientated than the other (which is designed to make you feel bad and spend money, if offers you great balls when captures fail...captures failing isn't even a mechanic in Pokemon Link Battle)

Tillbo

From media coverage I'd say it is very different.

If Pokemon Link Battle is bejewled then this is Candy Crush Saga. Oh they're both match 3 games you say, well one is much more action orientated than the other (which is designed to make you feel bad and spend money, if offers you great balls when captures fail...captures failing isn't even a mechanic in Pokemon Link Battle)

Thanks....I'll download it ASAP then as I actually prefer slower-paced match 3 games.

Anyway, it's free so may as well give it a try

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'll download and try it out, but I'm not going to spend money on it. will I still enjoy the experience?

Kouriozan

Played the 5 first stages (no way I'm wasting precious precious jewels) it was kinda good.
But, I get the feeling capture rate is going to be ridiculous in the later stages, or maybe Eevee (5th stages) was the tutorial to "oh look, you can pay some money to capture Pokémons easier".

JoeM86

JoeM post if you're ok

Unhappily buggering on with this. It's just so expensive. Every loss is wasted money.

I hate these kinds of games. They should have given an option for no stamina.

Plus, there's that damn limit on my Japanese game of how much I can spend which will slow my coverage a bit (thankfully) but I am NOT amused by this. First time I haven't enjoyed covering a Pokémon game in a while

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The game is fine if you take it slow - perfectly fine experience for 10-15 minutes every day without spending a dime. If you wanna go all out asap and play for hours you should get the regular eShop release fpr 8 bucks or how much it costs.

Did the first 5 stages...i knew when i saw Togepi was the enemy that i wouldnt be able to catch it, just like with the main games xD

It sucks that you can pay and then go on to lose. Blech.

Erm...wut ? Thats the point, you still have to clear the missions your own. Whats the benefit to pay for a clear when you probably wont be able to handle the stage following the last one anyway.

The game is fine if you take it slow - perfectly fine experience for 10-15 minutes every day without spending a dime. If you wanna go all out asap and play for hours you should get the regular eShop release fpr 8 bucks or how much it costs.
Thats like saying if you don't like the slow pace and RNG of Candy Crush Saga you should buy Bejewelled because it is totally the same thing. It a fucking match 3 puzzle isn't it?

Robin64

Erm...wut ? Thats the point, you still have to clear the missions your own. Whats the benefit to pay for a clear when you probably wont be able to handle the stage following the last one anyway.

But you're at the mercy of RNG. 85% catch rate? Still lose. You cleared the stage but then a dice was rolled if you won or not.

I guess my point is that other F2P games give you something for paying, even if you "lose". Your characters can level, you might win a booby prize, something.

Been playing the Japanese version and honestly not really impressed. The game is too simple.
Huh, you lose hearts even if you beat the level?
Yeah, it is like P&D where you pay to play a level. The timer in this game is a bit much at 30 minutes, but at least it is not Dungeon Keeper...

llehuty

Played the 5 first stages (no way I'm wasting precious precious jewels) it was kinda good.
But, I get the feeling capture rate is going to be ridiculous in the later stages, or maybe Eevee (5th stages) was the tutorial to "oh look, you can pay some money to capture Pokémons easier".

Finshing pichu's stage with one move gave only 49% of success, and that's the 8th one...

Just going to try to try each level once and then I'll see if it's worth it picking the pokemons I leave behind.

I know they are never going to do it, but would be nice being able to replay levels without spending hearts.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
But you're at the mercy of RNG. 85% catch rate? Still lose. You cleared the stage but then a dice was rolled if you won or not.

Well its part of the game that you wont catch every unit on the first try - i mean its Pokemon after all. For this kind of game its normal that you need to try multiple times to get tougher unit and need to decide for yourself if its worth the effort.

RNG is a part of so many games offline or online, f2p or paid...thats just how it is - it would suck if you could you could just straight out pay to get the drop. Luck will always be a variable.

I guess my point is that other F2P games give you something for paying, even if you "lose". Your characters can level, you might win a booby prize, something.

Pokemon level in this game as well , you get the clear for the stage and continue the game.

Their are a bunch of F2P games were the drop isnt confirmed - as someone who has played a couple Izanami Monster Striker rounds i know lol.

Thats like saying if you don't like the slow pace and RNG of Candy Crush Saga you should buy Bejewelled because it is totally the same thing. It a fucking match 3 puzzle isn't it?
..wait what ?

Having a difficult time following your point.

Symtendo

With careful use of Jewels that the game gives you I just managed to get 40 minutes or so of play there. I'd be happy with half of that daily to be fair.

It would be cool if there was an option to just buy the game for a set amount of money but I appritiate what Nintendo are doing here.

I probably will never pay to play unless the option to buy the whole game comes up but can see it being a nice little distraction at the end of the day!

Robin64

Pokemon level in this game as well , you get the clear for the stage and continue the game.

Their are a bunch of F2P games were the drop isnt confirmed - as someone who has played a couple Izanami Monster Striker rounds i know lol.

..wait what ?

Oh okay, there's a bit more to it than I thought then. Didn't know the Pokemon levelled.

It would be cool if there was an option to just buy the game for a set amount of money but I appritiate what Nintendo are doing here.

I probably will never pay to play unless the option to buy the whole game comes up but can see it being a nice little distraction at the end of the day!
I think that is my issue with timer games. I rather pay 5 to 10 bucks for no timers. Puzzles & Dragons is giving the option with the 3DS bundle, which is great.

I think that is my issue with timer games. I rather pay 5 to 10 bucks for no timers.

The thing is, you'd rather pay five bucks for no timer, but someone out there is paying five hundred bucks to get around the timer, and it's their money that Nintendo want.

They need 100 of you for every one of them.

The thing is, you'd rather pay five bucks for no timer, but someone out there is paying five hundred bucks to get around the timer, and it's their money that Nintendo want.

They need 100 of you for every one of them.
That is also true. Not a fan of exploiting whales, but it makes money.
Although at least you can buy the last game with no timers.

Rlan

Played to the point of running out of gems. Not bad, as someone developing and surrounded by F2P games and such.

They're definitely taking a lot of ideas from Puzzles & Dragons. Kind of blows when you play an awesome game, but don't catch the Pokemon. Means you have to replay the whole level again just to get to the random end bit. Trials Frontier did this and it was annoying as all hell.

Maybe if you level up the Pokemon you can smash them in one go and push the percentages in your favor.

They also have daily or temporary challenges as well. Right now you can go and fight Mew, who is only available for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately he's quite powerful, so you'll need to play a ton and level up your Pokemon before you can capture him.

Don't really like not being able to get hearts by capturing pokemon. I guess I can get stuff by street passing?

..wait what ?

You recommending people buy a completely different game with lots of graphical similarity if they don't like the f2p elements in this.

I tried to use two very popular match 3 puzzle games as an analogy.

But to go into it. Pokemon Link Battle. Gameplay is match 4 then match 3 to enter link mode where you only have to match 2 and so the emphasis is on performing long chains (so more of an action game maybe a bit like Tetris attack if you could put panels anywhere on the screen). There is no leveling up aside from a friendship thing (higher friendship makes Pokemon do more damage, it was a bit messed up that a 1* rank Pokmeon would max friendship very quickly then be as strong as a 5* rank one making higher rank ones not useful), no items and Pokemon are always captured. However Pokemon will attack regularly when you are not in a chain so emphasis is on the action element.

Pokemon Shuffle is match 3 and you have very limited moves (so more puzzle then action, taking time to figure out the best moves). It also has leveling up, items and mega evolutions. The Pokemon abilities are more varied (a problem I had with Link Battle where many Pokemon you would never bring to a stage as Power of 5/6 are the best abilities otherwise bring Pokemon that appear in the stage anyway as it is the equivalent of a puzzle game with less colours to match).

Just saw cw_sasuke mentions that on Twitter, and went to check.... and yup, Pokémon Shuffle is now available on the EU eShop! The NA will definitely follow later today.

Of course, download is free.

Prices:

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe are available now too.

Top Bottom