• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

pieface

I'll be disappointed if this machine is £400. I'd much rather they go a out and make it £550-600 so it genuinely is a 'premium' console with the best specs. (for consoles)

I'll be disappointed if this machine is £400. I'd much rather they go a out and make it £550-600 so it genuinely is a 'premium' console with the best specs. (for consoles)

Wouldn't this end up being a $700/800 system though?

MS still wants to make money on this

Just for the new page.

screenshot2017-04-02as3r2c.png

Coxy100

Banned
Disagree. This is a console - not a PC. Even if it's premium it should still be affordable.

pieface

Disagree. This is a console - not a PC. Even if it's premium it should still be affordable.

Define "affordable"?

The elite controller isn't" affordable" but Microsoft still sold it, and it did very well. People are willing to buy premium products.

Seems like Phil's tweet may have been a clever way for him to imply that it won't be just Forza being shown. Otherwise why mention 3P partners when he knows what the person asking was alluding to?

jelly

On my twitter feed there many people talking about recore being 4k 60fps on Scorpio, where is this coming from?

Kinect too, probably will need the USB adapter like on S

I love that he shifted away from the answer to talk about 1p and 3p games. Show the recipes Phil specially from your Japan trip!

Oh, there is a Kinect cable. Thought the S done away with it completely. I was wrong.

Do you think they'll keep HDMI pass through?

Costly feature or buttons?

Well the Forza guess lines up with that Digital Foundry leak as well

On the face of it, the in-depth discussion of techniques like this may be suggesting that Scorpio isn't the 'true 4K' console that Microsoft marketed it as at E3 2016. But the practical reality is that the document confirms that at least one first-party 1080p title has transitioned relatively easily to native 4K (our best guess would be the Forza Motorsport engine is the technology in question here), and accepts the reality that GPU resources aren't always best spent on precision pixel-work at ultra HD resolutions.

Colbert

Banned
Rösti;233222312 said:
I see. Well, perhaps in terms of content the reveals can be similar, though I wouldn't expect any greater focus on features regarding TV.

I just hope that the reveal will be properly communicated beforehand so that as many people as possible will know about it, and that the information shared will be on one central hub and not scattered over several sites.

I strongly believe you will not see the box and the kind of reveal will be all around specs and the resulting performance and some unique hardware capabilities of the box. I assume showing the box and the pricing for it is reserved for the big stage of E3.

On my twitter feed there many people talking about recore being 4k 60fps on Scorpio, where is this coming from?

There was some kind of teaser that the studio is working on a Recore Definitive Edition and there is an article by RectifyGaming where they say it is coming in 4K: http://rectifygaming.com/exclusive-microsoft-studios-hard-at-work-to-deliver-the-best-experience-for-scorpio-starting-with-4k-recore/

jelly

I strongly believe you will not see the box and the kind of reveal will be all around specs and the resulting performance and some unique hardware capabilities of the box. I assume showing the box and the pricing for it is reserved for the big stage of E3.

Xbox One Scorpio is just an online streaming service. It's Zen Vega stack clusters. You don't buy the hardware, just a streaming box and controller.

ReCore Definitive Edition is coming to Scorpio (and Xbox One) with 4K support via a patch, bumping the game from 5.6GB to 12GB, approximately. We were provided pictures showing ReCore at 4K and can confirm they look extremely detailed, exquisite and almost dreamlike.

http://rectifygaming.com/exclusive-microsoft-studios-hard-at-work-to-deliver-the-best-experience-for-scorpio-starting-with-4k-recore/

i don't think bumping up the resolution causes this.

Also there is a PC version out there so unless they have made graphical improvements i am not sure i buy into this

AmyS

http://rectifygaming.com/exclusive-microsoft-studios-hard-at-work-to-deliver-the-best-experience-for-scorpio-starting-with-4k-recore/

i don't think bumping up the resolution causes this.

Also there is a PC version out there so unless they have made graphical improvements i am not sure i buy into this

ReCore Definitive Edition is coming to Scorpio (and Xbox One) with 4K support via a patch, bumping the game from 5.6GB to 12GB, approximately. We were provided pictures showing ReCore at 4K and can confirm they look extremely detailed, exquisite and almost dreamlike.

Awesome.

Edit: Wasn't ReCore made by the poeple who worked on Metroid Prime?

Tregard

Soothsayer
I've been trying to think of games that Microsoft could have secured the marketing rights for, maybe Left 4 Dead 3?

So whats the highest end specs they could offer at lets say 450? Is zen too much for that price range? Or better yet would specs comprable to lets say a 1070 range card be possible?

Ill definitely give recore another shot, i liked it but didnt end up finishing it before i sold my xbox one to fund a ps4 pro

Oh, there is a Kinect cable. Thought the S done away with it completely. I was wrong.

Do you think they'll keep HDMI pass through?

Costly feature or buttons?

The onboard HDMI in probably doesn't cost very much. But if you think of the feature itself it probably costs them to maintain and update and if indeed people are not using this feature in favor of streaming and iptv apps, that handle stuff like voice commands and pulling program data themselves there's less reason for them to do at a system level.

Would be nice for them to leave the hdmi in, and create apis that expose that for apps to fill their shoes though.

Mr Swine

Banned
So whats the highest end specs they could offer at lets say 450? Is zen too much for that price range? Or better yet would specs comprable to lets say a 1070 range card be possible?

Ill definitely give recore another shot, i liked it but didnt end up finishing it before i sold my xbox one to fund a ps4 pro

Isn't Zen expensive and that AMD has said no zen on console until after 2018?

With how much Phil Spencer was saying first parties are critical to scorpio there will be 3rd party focused games like shadow of war but if that article is true it seems more for first party to show off the true power

Our source says the best experience is for first-party games, with ReCore being an example for Microsoft employees, and there are definitely more games getting the 4K resolution treatment this year. As Phil Spencer previously stated, virtual reality (VR) is a big part of Scorpio coming this Fall, however, the real focus for VR is going to be in 2018.

With how much Phil Spencer was saying first parties are critical to scorpio there will be 3rd party focused games like shadow of war but if that article is true it seems more for first party to show off the true power

Ok, this can potentially be great if they increase the resolution and provide graphics boost to their games o_O

BruceCLea

Banned
I think any game built on Windows 10 will go up to 4k... And be a higher framerate
All part of project helix
GoW 4, Forza horizon 3 will get a resolution and framerate boost

Top Bottom