• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

Just for the new page.

screenshot2017-04-02as3r2c.png

This seems like an automated response from one of those support bots on websites.

As in not replying to the right question.

i mean microsoft don't technically need partnerships to take advantage of the system since i'm assuming every game that launches when scorpio launches will have to take advantage of the system just like the PS4 Pro and in Sony case you still had EA taking advantage of the system with BF1 , TF2 and Fifa even though they were microsoft marketed games.

MS might not be able to market RDR2 with R* but they can easily mention "yeah this game will take advantage of the system"

thetwinsattack

Neo Member
I went entirely digital this generation and that is probably what excites me most. A new machine that will hopefully add improvements to older games that I am looking forward to playing a second time (Gears 4 / 100% on FH3).

I was fairly dismissive of BC until old games started popping up in my install list. When Monkey Island appeared the penny drop and I've since been able to enjoy those games with my son.

It's that concept of machines that build on the previous generation that i like so much.

Very much looking forward to the reveal.

Which day are we talking. Monday would be fine with me

Would you guys mind saying what some of your twitter links say more often. Some of us although not many can't view twitter

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/631hpm/xbox_head_of_france_says_no_to_xbox_scorpio/

https://twitter.com/HuguesOuvrard/status/848617579304366080

rough translation

"So ask yourself 2 questions: 1.Would we confess the announcement of the console to an outlet. 2.If leak, do you think the media would wait?"
Sure, it's plausible as some outlet get special coverage. His answer isn't really accurate to me. Could be on this case but not as rational as real possibility

Chris R

I think any game built on Windows 10 will go up to 4k... And be a higher framerate
All part of project helix
GoW 4, Forza horizon 3 will get a resolution and framerate boost

Eh... FH3 struggles at 1440p on my rig, I know the Xbox version runs better, but I don't see any console version of the game hitting 4k60

Boke1879

Is it possible Xbox France wouldn't be in the loop. I mean I'm sure the twitter is just a social media guy operating it right?

jelly

Eh... FH3 struggles at 1440p on my rig, I know the Xbox version runs better, but I don't see any console version of the game hitting 4k60

Sure I read somewhere that the engine isn't really designed well to take advantage of modern PC CPUs or something like that. Possibly true or not I dunno but if the game runs like butter on an Xbox One something must be amiss if a brute PC can't push it to 4K60 or 1440p60.

ekim

I could totally see an article on Wired or some similar mainstream outlet on the tech getting that out of the way for E3. A Forza demo as a showcase would also fit as it is more mainstream. Something like a behind the scenes with a tour through the lab. Maybe it's also just a rehash on the information we already know + first footage for FM7

shanew21

So what if it's just the announcement of Forza 7? They don't reveal specs, but they show off Forza 7 running in 4k/60fps on Scorpio and let Digital Foundry have at it. That way it's a "pre-unveiling" of Scorpio but they can still hold a press event.

Ok, this can potentially be great if they increase the resolution and provide graphics boost to their games o_O
Imagine the possibilities of that:

- Owners of the game receive the patch for free.
- Launch definitive editions of those games to grab newcomers.
- Put the upgraded games on gamepass, so it provides a 4k ready library for new users.

Dunno if they could get 3rds to work on old games, but there's lot of potential there
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/631hpm/xbox_head_of_france_says_no_to_xbox_scorpio/

rough translation

"So ask yourself 2 questions: 1.Would we confess the announcement of the console to an outlet. 2.If leak, do you think the media would wait?"
It seems he is saying Ms isn't going to confirm if a site have exclusive rights to show officially and if it was leaked and not official it would have been posted already.

Charamiwa

Banned
Imagine the possibilities of that:

- Owners of the game receive the patch for free.
- Launch definitive editions of those games to grab newcomers.
- Put the upgraded games on gamepass, so it provides a 4k ready library for new users.

Dunno if they could get 3rds to work on old games, but there's lot of potential there

It seems he is saying Ms isn't going to confirm if a site have exclusive rights to show officially and if it was leaked and not official it would have been posted already.

He's saying that they wouldn't let an outlet reveal their own hardware and that if it was a leak it would already be posted. So basically:

- It's not a hardware reveal from an outlet
- It's not a leak

Maybe he's lying or burying the lead, but I doubt he would do something like that. He does stay vague though, which could be telling.

Or he's playing dumb because nothing official has been announced from Microsoft.

Shit I hope so, otherwise all this excitement and happiness has been for nothing. :( but that would mean both Jez and Shinobi602 have received false info. Bit hard to believe.

As for FH3 in 4K. The X1 version is already at 1080p/30fps, why wouldn't the Scorpio be able to handle it at 4K/60fps? Is 4K really such a resource hog then?

jelly

In a world were they tease everything too long how cool would it have been if one day this week they just revealed the info out of the blue.

Only reason we know something is because Jez said something. Not knocking the guy but would have been neat to be in the dark.

He's saying that they wouldn't let an outlet reveal their own hardware and that if it was a leak it would already be posted. So basically:

- It's not a hardware reveal from an outlet
- It's not a leak

Maybe he's lying or burying the lead, but I doubt he would do something like that. He does stay vague though, which could be telling.
I see. Could it be then that they show before the outlet gets their exclusive?

That way he wouldn't be lying.

In a world were they tease everything too long how cool would it have been if one day this week they just revealed the info out of the blue.

Only reason we know something is because Jez said something. Not knocking the guy but would have been neat to be in the dark.

To be fair it could be what we were talking about a few pages back. an IGN first style reveal for Forza 7 and interviews with devs how the game takes advantage of scorpio.

N7.Angel

It's the reason why I didn't believe it from the beginning.

rough translation

1 I can understand. 2? If they have made a deal with the particular website, why would they leak it?

It's the reason why I didn't believe it from the beginning.

Jez is from Windows Central and they are usually a fine source for things. Let's wait and see.

SenkiDala

1 I can understand. 2? If they have made a deal with the particular website, why would they leak it?

Yeah, his answer is pretty unclear, I'm French and I don't get what he means. :D

Maybe by leak he means that this "Jez" guy leaked the info, so he suppose the info was leaked by the media/website who got that exclusive deal.

rokkerkory

Shit I hope so, otherwise all this excitement and happiness has been for nothing. :( but that would mean both Jez and Shinobi602 have received false info. Bit hard to believe.

As for FH3 in 4K. The X1 version is already at 1080p/30fps, why wouldn't the Scorpio be able to handle it at 4K/60fps? Is 4K really such a resource hog then?

not sure if serious here

AmyS

Lets just be glad that Scorpio itself is a thing, with a 6TF GPU and 320 GB/s memory bandwidth.

It's not like we can't believe in Scorpio, like with some of the old NX rumors about Nintendo's console being as powerful as PS4.

MANGOD

Banned
Good point though to be fair. Why the fuck would microsoft let a 3rd party reveal scorpio? Not gonna happen. Prove me wrong though, I want to believe

Colbert

Banned
Yeah, his answer is pretty unclear, I'm French and I don't get what he means. :D

Maybe by leak he means that this "Jez" guy leaked the info, so he suppose the info was leaked by the media/website who got that exclusive deal.

I am not french but using the translator I understand it the way: "We don't reveal our console over a media outlet."

And that is completely correct and also no mismatch was what said by Jez and Shinobi.

There will be no reveal next week. There will be just articles that reports and discusses about some of the hardware details and how games will benefit by them by the example of FM7 and maybe other games. And that's it. Btw a kind of reveal was already done, it was E3 2016.

Lets just be glad that Scorpio itself is a thing, with a 6TF GPU and 320 GB/s memory bandwidth.

It's not like we can't believe in Scorpio, like with some of the old NX rumors about Nintendo's console being as powerful as PS4.

Games, it's all about the games. They can wax lyrical about powerful hardware all they like, like any other platforms, it's about the games. They better bring it this E3 or I'm done personally.

RoKKeR

Good point though to be fair. Why the fuck would microsoft let a 3rd party reveal scorpio? Not gonna happen. Prove me wrong though, I want to believe

Who's to say it won't be a Scorpio + FM7 PR blast from Xbox Wire that leads into more detailed coverage with a 3rd party outlet? Seems reasonable to me.

It sounds like its just tech stuff like the specs and maybe some gameplay from Forza 7. Which is totally fine. I am sure we will get a full reveal at a MS hardware event and then E3 is games.

I am in the belief that both Eurogamer/DF and IGN are going to handling this early stuff.

EDIT: Whatever big feature Jez was talking about probably wont be revealed here. I think they want to reveal that themselves. This "info" is basically what Sony spent 40 minutes talking about on stage with the PS4 Pro. I think this is a better way to talk about the tech aspect of your system without inviting people to an event and talking about it endlessly.

i mean microsoft don't technically need partnerships to take advantage of the system since i'm assuming every game that launches when scorpio launches will have to take advantage of the system just like the PS4 Pro and in Sony case you still had EA taking advantage of the system with BF1 , TF2 and Fifa even though they were microsoft marketed games.

MS might not be able to market RDR2 with R* but they can easily mention "yeah this game will take advantage of the system"

Ding - you got it. You can say it'll be native 4K or whatever, they just won't be able to oversell it, nor run proper ads showcasing it. Getting on stage and mentioning these games which are coming to the platform anyway (X1 platform - this is just another X1) will support specific features of the higher-spec branch of that platform is NBD.

Really, people will think this matters on places like GAF, but the casual consumer is going to see PS marketing all over these huge tentpole fall games and just think they are PS games by extension.

It sounds like its just tech stuff like the specs and maybe some gameplay from Forza 7. Which is totally fine. I am sure we will get a full reveal at a MS hardware event and then E3 is games.

I am in the belief that both Eurogamer/DF and IGN are going to handling this early stuff.

There is no separate event prior to E3 - we'll get price & launch date at E3. The reason we're getting these early looks & spec deep dives is specifically because a separate event pre-E3 isn't in the cards.

AmyS

Games, it's all about the games. They can wax lyrical about powerful hardware all they like, like any other platforms, it's about the games. They better bring it this E3 or I'm done personally.

Yes, it is all about games, that is true. But games have to run on capable hardware, so it starts with that. great hardware makes possible greater games :)

SenkiDala

There will be no reveal next week. There will be just articles that reports and discusses about some of the hardware details and how games will benefit by them by the example of FM7 and maybe other games. And that's it. Btw a kind of reveal was already done, it was E3 2016.

Yes, it's what I'm expecting too, a bit of gameplay (probably Forza 7), a bit of specs, and that's it for now. For the real console reveal they'll have a special event I guess.

Top Bottom