• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

Bioshocker

I was expecting early May but April would be fine by me. Hoping for a black console, a decent price and please bring back a green light on it.

Deviousx

Well since the other thread was shut down.

In... Again.

QrwDVzW.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I think they need to start getting info out there just to have Xbox in the conversation that isn't a meme.

There's nothing like a console launch to get you attention. If they dole out portions from April through to June it effectively keeps them as the focus right through unti launch (depending on how much info is given).

jez.c

Neo Member
I was expecting early May but April would be fine by me. Hoping for a black console, a decent price and please bring back a green light on it.

Heard black, but that might've only been dev kits.

Dev kits also have a nifty LCD screen on them for showing devs real-time data, pretty cool.

ggcE6x9.jpg

while true i would be disappointed if it is not DF because i want that gritty techy information but i think IGN would make sense if they have a game to reveal as well

If IGN announces the specs then im sure DF would do their breakdown video, so i guess it wouldnt really matter.

Plus if it is exclusive coverage IGN or Gameinformer immediately spring to mind since they both compete for the big reveals

Colbert

Banned
Yh, Im leaning towards IGN.
For a hardware spec reveal the best place to go is DF/Eurogamer. IGN is a good place for marketing a game but not for doing a hardware interview you need a deeper knowledge on technology in general.

Dynasty

For a hardware spec reveal the best place to go is DF/Eurogamer. IGN is a good place for marketing a game but not for doing a hardware interview you need a deeper knowledge on technology in general.

I want it to be DF but I think it will be IGN.

Jrs3000

I hope it's not IGN, terrible player for the videos, they hold on to info to the maximum. We deserve better!

Yeah I forgot about that. They do stretch things out way to far revealing it in baby chunks. If it is IGN I just want them to find out what the CPU is. Anyone know where the DF guys are? I'm hoping there a chance it's them.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

IGN are more Fox News than Al Jazeera.

DF will dig into the hardware in depth and give us a real idea of how powerful this thing is. With DF, Microsoft can't hide the specs of it. IGN will effectively be the same as a fluff promo video "Microsoft told us it has 10 billion transistors and th highest quality pixels! They also assured us that it can handle 4K* games in true 4K*".

Digital Foundry means a better chance of a truly powerful console. IGN means PS4 Pro Plus.

It could be multiple outlets that were hand picked? I mean why not both Euro gamer and IGN? Maybe Jez only knows of 1 outlet that went.

qko

I am curious as hell to see if this will just be a XboxOne Pro or something completely different.

SenkiDala

I'd like it to be fully backward compatible with all OG Xbox and 360 games, would be awesome. But I'm dreaming I guess. :(

Would IGN First make sense though? Don't they always spread details on something over a full month? Could that work for info on a new Xbox One system? I mean first they reveal the specs, and then what? Not sure they can fill a month with that.

Less time spent on forza/hardware

more time spent on games and hopefully new ips

Sounds good to me. Forza at this thing and not at E3. Only announced games left are Crackdown, SoD and SoT. Unless they only release a very brief cinematic Forza video and keep the rest for E3.

Lady Gaia

I am curious as hell to see if this will just be a XboxOne Pro or something completely different.

There's definitely a bigger delta performance-wise between the Xbox One and Scorpio than the PS4 and PS4 Pro. It's also almost a given at this point that it adds more memory. Beyond that, every indication seems to be that it's a similar play with the real differentiation opportunity coming in the PS5 / Xbox Next timeframe if long term forward+backward compatibility is really the direction MS is headed.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
IGN makes the most sense to me, given that they worked together on messaging before. When the Xbone 2013 April reveal wasn't well received MS PR approached IGN to fix their reputation with the enthusiast crowd and for example held a mock "Ask Me Anything" with the Xbone architect.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I would assume some kind of countdown or press release about the upcoming reveal to be made available early next week, or maybe even on Sunday, April 2.

If I recall correctly, Microsoft announced the date of the Xbox One reveal quite some time ahead of the actual reveal.

Edit: They announced the reveal date on April 24. That's 27 days before the reveal. https://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/

There's no way retail even has this kind of space. They're not gonna put 3 incremental skus out when the switch is coming in hot and the pspro will be cheaper then ever. I agree it's not in their best interests to go above $400, but $499 would be brand suicide, especially with the play anywhere initiative.

yes. but microsoft has also it's own store.
and both microsoft and amazon always have between 5 and 10 Xbox One Sku

classic retailer would still opt for fewer and the high volume skus

jonno394

Interested to see just how powerful this thing is. Im happy with my ps4 atm and the pro upgrade just isn't worth the cost for me, but i dont own an xbox atm. I'm hoping this goes a step beyond what the ps4 pro is capable of with non checker board 4k and if it keeps 4k bd then i might be sold on it.

It's really happening isn't it? I've got some money ready for a pre-order Microsoft, just show me the goods. Really hoping there's some kind of Cortana support built in.

oti

Banned
Not interested in better hardware but I'm eager to see what Microsoft's pitch beyond that is. There could be some really cool service based opportunities here.

Top Bottom