• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PS3) Thought It Was a Harem Paradise, It Was a Yandere Hell new screenshots

Ken

Sayuri Miyasu (CV: Yuka Inokuchi) - In order to completely adapt the protagonist into her ideal man, she desires to confine the protagonist. The most honest, and the most broken one. She treasures her collection of the protagonist's used straws, hair and nails so much she could eat them. Following The Event she kidnaps the protagonist and locks him away, to be looked after by her and herself alone. Forever.

She can confine me any day.

UberTag

Love how I clicked this thread, looked at the screens, thought to myself "hey, this looks like an icecream thread" and then I thought "but the last several times you've thought that it hasn't been an icecream thread" and then I looked up at the OP and was surprised to see that it actually WAS an icecream thread.

And the novelty of this revelation made me momentarily forget the Yandere Hell aspect of the thread title. And then I saw the pics in the 2nd post and roared hysterically.

I still can't believe Yandere is a legit fantasy over there. They all look scary.
I think the yandere novelty is that they won't have to overcome the monumental emotional hurdle of asking a girl out when it comes to yanderes because they'll just get stalked or kidnapped or obsessed over. Far less effort that way.

Wonko_C

God dammit....why is every thread about a new PS3 game announced is just some weird dating sim....

Because the PS3 is full of them:
5013wF5.jpg

ohlawd

nice assgrab in the first post.

then yandere heaven in the second.

The premise is actually pretty legit. Will definitely lick a random girl's feet at the train station and risk getting sent to the slammer for a localization announcement.

Replicant

I think the yandere novelty is that they won't have to overcome the monumental emotional hurdle of asking a girl out when it comes to yanderes because they'll just get stalked or kidnapped or obsessed over. Far less effort that way.

Interesting. It makes me wonder if the game will have a hide and seek mechanic ala Outlast. It'd be hilarious. "Oh honey, where are you my little piggy?~" *brandishes knife*

"Haremu Tengoku da to Omottara, Yandere Jigoku datta"....oh Japan.

I still can't believe Yandere is a legit fantasy over there. They all look scary.

I'm pretty sure it's not so much a fantasy as it is the fascination of the dichotomy that comes from a cute girl being a clingy psychopathic killer. It's a great way to make effective horror when done well.

That's why I like them at least. I'm sure there are people in this world that legitimately want a yandere girlfriend even if it meant their lives and the lives of their loved ones were in great jeopardy.

DiscoJer

In case anyone else is wondering WTF yandere means

yandere - (chiefly Japanese fiction) A fictional character who fits the archetype of being genuinely romantic, loving, kind, merciful, sparing, sweet and gentle, but is at the same time brutal, psychotic or deranged in behavior. The psychotic tendency can be both sudden and ever-present. Often used for both comedic and dramatic displays of character.

I've never understood why people like these type of characters outside of comedy purposes like Shouko from Baka and Test. About the only serious yandere I like is Kyoko

e309d94fc430bb5e95d93bad174f50691337895594_full.png

Now my question is this, does this game have an ending where the heroine doesn't hurt someone, including the protagonist? And if it does, is it a good ending or a bad ending? I'm asking this because the role of a yandere is to be obsessive, but she is nice, then wouldn't that be a bad ending for the purpose of this game? School Days comes to mind (the anime, not the game).

Edit

In case anyone else is wondering WTF yandere means

Isn't yandere simple obsessive love? Like the movie Obsessed where a woman went as far as to hurt the man's family for him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I second this. It's not every day that a game comes out that's specifically based around yanderes. Yandere > Tsundere

If it were to come over, I imagine it would be NISA that would do the localization since they're making the game in Japan.

I've never understood why people like these type of characters outside of comedy purposes like Shouko from Baka and Test. About the only serious yandere I like is Kyoko

Now my question is this, does this game have an ending where the heroine doesn't hurt someone, including the protagonist? And if it does, is it a good ending or a bad ending? I'm asking this because the role of a yandere is to be obsessive, but she is nice, then wouldn't that be a bad ending for the purpose of this game? School Days comes to mind (the anime, not the game).

I thought the draw was that these characters create scenarios that are interesting, twisted, terrifying, and hilarious all at the same.

I thought the draw was that these characters create scenarios that are interesting, twisted, terrifying, and hilarious all at the same.

But most of the time they're simply terrifying and twisted. The girls from School Days were not funny at all. Shouko from Baka and Test was a funny yandere since she hurts Yuuji in funny ways and does not turn twisted. I only like the funny yandere.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
We spendin' most of our lives, livin' in a Harem Paradise.

Churnin' butter once or twice, livin' in a Harem Paradise.

Kanna Toutoumi (CV: Tomoi Isomura) - Stalking, wiretapping, peeping photo shots, she controls and observes the protagonist's every movement. The walls of her room are filled with hidden pictures taken of the protagonist. After The Event she disappears from everyone, yet for some reason the protagonist cannot shake the feeling that he is always being watched...

This reminds me of a certain scene...
jekF21yKRA2Cm.png

If it were to come over, I imagine it would be NISA that would do the localization since they're making the game in Japan.

Whoops, then its Nippon I should be pleading with.

Replicant

Question, would anyone classify those girls from certain scenarios in "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni" as Yandere? I'm thinking "probably not", because they've gone crazy due to circumstances around them and not because they are batshit insane obsessive with the protagonist.

I'm wondering because the art style of their crazy mode is kind of similar to what I see here.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Question, would anyone classify those girls from certain scenarios in "Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni" as Yandere? I'm thinking "probably not", because they've gone crazy due to circumstances around them and not because they are batshit insane obsessive with the protagonist.

I'm wondering because the art style of their crazy mode is kind of similar to what I see here.

Yeah I'd say that Higurashi characters aren't considered this due to reasons. Also a reminder to people who haven't been paying attention watch the new branch of Higurashi: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Outbreak.

I think they'd be considered yangire since their psychotic actions do not stem from romance. Their expressions are just interchangeable with yanderes because that's where you most see faces like that

Yeah I'd say that Higurashi characters aren't considered this due to reasons. Also a reminder to people who haven't been paying attention watch the new branch of Higurashi: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Outbreak.

They keep making more Higurashi animes even the main story's been over awhile now. I stopped after Rei. Should I go on?

B.O.O.M

haha this sounds awesome

I hope this and My Romantic Love Comedy vita makes it over somehow..come onnnn XSeed, Aksys!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But most of the time they're simply terrifying and twisted. The girls from School Days were not funny at all. Shouko from Baka and Test was a funny yandere since she hurts Yuuji in funny ways and does not turn twisted. I only like the funny yandere.

Yeah, I don't mind it. Dark and disturbing has appeal too.

If you guys want the game localized, beg NISA.

Top Bottom