• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell (PS3)

The title has me interested. It would be interesting if the game was like ridiculously psycho and every ending was a School Days Bad End. I'd check this out if it was an interactive anime like how School Days was.
I would buy thee copies if it is Tsundere Hell..

I'd buy 4 if it was that, with like 8 characters, all of them voiced by Rie Kugimiya.

I'll never understand how a clingy, psychotic and just plain terrifying girlfriend is something anyone could desire.

But hell, anime can make anything seem desirable.

I imagine most people that like yanderes wouldn't want one as a girlfriend. It's just entertaining to watch what they do in fiction.

Village

That is... interesting.

The funniest Yandere stuff is either very light or very heavy. No mid ground.

That Future journal anime has a good abridged series.

This an interesting thing to wake up too

Ban Puncher

o2Kyd.gif

Eusis

Oh so that is the actual title of the game.

I thought it was Nirolak trying to be funny.

Well, OK then.
Given Nippon Ichi was named right off the bat it was plausible. If anything I'm surprised they didn't name it "If You Thought It Was Tsundere Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell" or something.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Does Yandere and Tsundere mean the same thing?

Nope:

Here's a dialogue to illustrate the different betwen both

Tsundere: it's not like i want to make you dinner or something, humh!

basically, bipolar disorder

Yandere: I want you, al of you, i'll see you when you sleep, when you eat, when you bath, We'll be forever and ever and ever and ever. Oh, you have eye contact with that girl? Die!

In short, overly obsessive girl

LljwTji.png

I for one would love a VN / ADV where every end is a BAD END.

I agree with this. It's not that I dislike tsunderes, but I've seen them so much that I'm annoyed by them now. It's pretty rare to see any yandere's anymore, all the pics of mostly Yuno in this thread is an example.

Where are the yanderes!?

shaowebb

Yandere game by Nippon Ichi? Potentially a Yandere comedic take on the whole love harem genre. Oh lord this will get hilarious. Whole love harem thing going to hell as all the girls turn out to be mentally unstable crazies after him romantically in competition with one another?

Hook it to my veins. Dis gon be goooooooooood.

Shengar

More yandere stuff without cliche VN bad endings plox.

How do you suppose yandere girls show their psycothic side without beheading the lead's head of their body?
I guess taking off rival's head is plausible, but still

shaowebb

How do you suppose yandere girls show their psycothic side without beheading the lead's head of their body?

Read future diary and you'll see. Just wait until he meets her parents. ;D

Hexa

Yuno did fine. Cliche yandere bad ends are too obvious.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Does Yandere and Tsundere mean the same thing?

Tsunderes are essentially bipolar while yanderes are psychopaths.

I had to look it up. Couldn't remember what the Yandere one was.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Sounds like it'll be an entertaining game. This art really doesn't fit though:
NIS-Yandere-Hell-Ann-Init.jpg

I'm not really getting a "crazy" vibe here and pretty much 0 potential for shenanigans.
"We are all going to inoffensively have a mild adventure! Yay!"
I was hoping for something more like Catherine.

El Sloth

Banned
Holy shit, what an amazing title. Bless you, Nippon Ichi. Maybe you guys will actually be able to survive the year.

I had to look it up. Couldn't remember what the Yandere one was.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Sounds like it'll be an entertaining game. This art really doesn't fit though:
NIS-Yandere-Hell-Ann-Init.jpg

I'm not really getting a "crazy" vibe here and pretty much 0 potential for shenanigans. "We are all going to inoffensively have a mild adventure! Yay!"
I was hoping for something more like Catherine.

If a game mentions an anime trope in the title by name, they ain't aiming in the direction Catherine went.

Shahed

Yandere's are like the scariest things to walk the planet (in fiction). It's like watching a horror and the constant anticipation of the moment where something goes wrong. They are not good for ones heart.

The thought of meeting a yandere in real life horrifies me

_hekk05

Banned
Yandere's are like the scariest things to walk the planet (in fiction). It's like watching a horror and the constant anticipation of the moment where something goes wrong. They are not good for ones heart.

The thought of meeting a yandere in real life horrifies me

Scary thing is, you wouldn't know she was a yandere until it was too late.

Read future diary and you'll see. Just wait until he meets her parents. ;D

Oh lawd. I couldn't handle that part and had to take a walk before continuing.

Top Bottom