• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell (PS3)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yandere#Y

gematsu said:
Nippon Ichi Software’s latest project is a new PlayStation 3 adventure game called If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell, this week’s Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

Due out on April 24 for 6,800 yen at retail and 5,714 yen via download in Japan, the game is directed by Tatsumi Takuma. Katsunori Kobayashi and Kikakuya are doing the scenario, and character design is being handled by Hiiro Yuki.

The theme is yuru-chara (mascot characters) and high school girls.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2014/01/nippon-i...rem-paradise-yandere-hell#eDeWB7SEkyBqY62H.99

Dennis

Banned
Oh so that is the actual title of the game.

I thought it was Nirolak trying to be funny.

Well, OK then.

NIS-Yandere-Hell-Ann-Init.jpg

duckroll

School Days x Disgaea crossover?

No it's just a visual novel adventure which looks like your standard light novel junk with generic designs. When I first heard the title I was hoping the heaven and hell were literal and there would be Prinnies, but nope. :(

Could be worse, game could be called something even more creepy and cringe-worthy like My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute. Imagine if there was a game called that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Worst title ever?

Nippon Ichi Software’s latest project is a new PlayStation 3 adventure game called If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell, this week’s Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

Due out on April 24 for 6,800 yen at retail and 5,714 yen via download in Japan, the game is directed by Tatsumi Takuma. Katsunori Kobayashi and Kikakuya are doing the scenario, and character design is being handled by Hiiro Yuki.

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/nippon-i...ture-game-thought-harem-paradise-yandere-hell

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
No it's just a visual novel adventure which looks like your standard light novel junk with generic designs. When I first heard the title I was hoping the heaven and hell were literal and there would be Prinnies, but nope. :(

:(

I hope that at least the yandere girls are the real deal.

FLEABttn

Banned
Japan's really big on run-on sentences for titles these days.

No matter how I look at it, it's a title that's really too long for western audiences but asian audiences think it's a clever, almost meme like convention.

Puru

After playing this masterpiece of a game, you won't be able to play another one without the constant fear of being stabbed.

fek

NIS VNs usually sound interesting, I still want to play Tokushu Houdoubu. Would give this new one a try, but I don't really enjoy the genre as much on home consoles.

yaesir

Yandere is obsessive clingy psychopathic girlfriend who will murder you or anyone who's interested in you, tsundere is mean girlfriend who has a sweet side that makes her worth it or something

Yandere can seem (read usually is) sweet but is actually pyschopath
Tsundere can seem (read usually is) mean but is actually sweet

I'll never understand how a clingy, psychotic and just plain terrifying girlfriend is something anyone could desire.

But hell, anime can make anything seem desirable.

I have almost no interest in this game but I love the fact that the gaming industry is large enough for such a niche concept to exist.

Top Bottom