• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell (PS3)

Yandere harem is best harem!

No really. There are a lot of different types of yanderes and almost yanderes (I have no idea what else to call them) and it actually works.

That manga had a TON of potential until it turned into a
murder mystery
. Also, the main protagonist always acts like he doesn't care. What's the point of making someone have a yandere harem, if the MC doesn't react at all to their advances? The girls usually do or say something crazy, and he just says "whatever" most of the time.

_hekk05

Banned
Every one wins and you still get to be with all of them :D

Then our heroine will embark on a quest to gather all the parts up and remove her yandere competitors. She eventually pieces him back together and revives him as an undead boyfriend and controls him absolutely.

NipponIchi you can PM ME for more details!!!

Then our heroine will embark on a quest to gather all the parts up and remove her yandere competitors. She eventually pieces him back together and revives him as an undead boyfriend and controls him absolutely.

And the main heroine is tsundere? "it's not like I want to beat the other girls, stitched you up and revive you or anything."

Videoneon

This is so godly I've thought about importing it a few times today.

God I hate this yandere thing...
Game spoiler: That girl in
is yandere right? Fucking psycho.

Clover? Nah. She is just brocon. =3 She kills you so she can get your bracelet and escape. My understanding is that in the lead-up to the Axe ending, she doesn't really recover from her brother's apparent death. When she's "normal" and in the company of people she trusts, she's just open and uninhibited.

The brocon angle is a little more reinforced in the sequel

AW YISSSSSSSSSSS

Quoting for Mitsuki best girl avatar

Tsunderes are awesome.

New to the concept of Yanderes though, sounds kinda hot.

Is it a requirement that they will murder the object of their obsession over something trivial? I would be into a Yandere who would not want to slit my throat if I interacted with other females.

Steroyd

Tsunderes are awesome.

New to the concept of Yanderes though, sounds kinda hot.

Is it a requirement that they will murder the object of their obsession over something trivial? I would be into a Yandere who would not want to slit my throat if I interacted with other females.

There are yandere's who'd slit the throat of every female you interacted with, so there's that.

guize plz name the Anime of the pics you post, so I can find the series and watch them / read they all look so interesting. Hopefully I step on a landmine like School Days, went in thinking it was gonna be a another harem.....then bam right in the stomach. Thanks.

Thoraxes

Son I got some
good
news to tell you...

oreimo__ayase_vector_colored_by_yuukion-d61v7k8.png

jf6kO6h.gif

No, it isn't that I'm aware.

Yandere characters don't necessarily need to commit violence, either. Possessiveness is more a quality of Yandere characters than violence.

Ahh yeah.

There are yandere's who'd slit the throat of every female you interacted with, so there's that.

Just gotta pick the right one. Hope this game covers all levels of yandere, from the possessive to psychopathic. A yandere for all tastes.

From my limited exposure I think I'd rather see a sort of anime, likely moe Outlast instead. Let's just go full on survival horror here, I'll never play it but it'll be morbidly fascinating to see everyone's reactions to it.

Now I kinda want to see a dev make a game like the game Outlast, but all anime like, trying to get away from multiple yandere girlfriends you had in the past. that would be quite the game imo.

call it something like, The Last Yandere, or Trapped with Yandere.

my favourite i've thought of "My Yandere ex girlfriends couldn't possibly be this crazy."

Hexa

guize plz name the Anime of the pics you post, so I can find the series and watch them / read they all look so interesting. Hopefully I step on a landmine like School Days, went in thinking it was gonna be a another harem.....then bam right in the stomach. Thanks.

Basically Mirai Nikki, Oreimo, Shuffle, Date A Live, Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai, and Higurashi.

In other news there's a School Days spin off called Island Days coming to the 3DS.

Boats

xPhinehas

A yandere would be open about expressing her love for you. She would be obsessed with your happiness. As long as she is with you and you are happy, she is happy.

However, she is extremely jealous. If you so much as look at another girl, she will do everything she can to make sure you stay with her. This can mean hurting other girls around you, or escalate to her keeping you in her sex dungeon.

Weird...ok so what is "tsundere"?

gngf123

Weird...ok so what is "tsundere"?

A girl who acts really cold towards a guy, and often finds it really hard to be honest about her feelings, even to herself.

So for example, a Tsundere might make you lunch and then try to hide that she meant good by telling you they are leftovers, she didn't do it for your sake.

There are male examples too, but they aren't as common.

xPhinehas

I find it very interesting that the Japanese have lament's terms for these personality types. Is this a common thing in Japan, and if so I wonder why...
And on that note is it a common thing in other countries?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I approve the yandere character type make it out more into the open than before, so will be keeping an eye on how this game turns out.

massoluk

Banned
Tsundere is a girl pretending to be a psycho, but really is sweet.
Yandere is a girl pretending to be sweet, but really is a psycho.

Esura

Banned
Mirai? She's so boring lol so bad. I'd take just about any girl over her. Especially the mom <3

She is so tsundere though so it's cute as fuck. I love the main dude's mom just because of how wacky and hot she is. Also, I love short hair!

-Horizon-

alright fine. I don't like resuming shows when I've dropped them

but hey I did drop OreShura months ago during episode 4, picked it up again last week and ended up liking it

AI-CHAN WINSSSS MARRY ME AI KAYANO

That's not how you spell Chiwa.

I'd buy this too.

Why was the first thing that this reminded me of was No More Heroes?

Which anime is this?

Date A Live, you should watch it. Second season is coming out in a couple of months.

Quixzlizx

I'm enjoying all of the Yuno/Kaede/Ayase/ references.

I'm going to throw a non-violent yandere out there. Kirishima Kotone (and her Delusion Diary) from Nyan Koi.

tseXou9.jpg

Hexa

I'm going to throw a non-violent yandere out there. Kirishima Kotone (and her Delusion Diary) from Nyan Koi.

tseXou9.jpg

I thought that was Iroha from Onisuki for a second. They look similar sometimes.

BtzjZgn.jpg

And that got me thinking whether you could consider her a yandere or not. She's obsessive but tries to hide that from the rest of the world (other than love interest) to the extent of black mailing said love interest. Nao from the same anime is obsessive but tries to hide it from everyone including love interest and is a bit tsun. They rarely go full crazy violent though, and it's comedic so the violence is always light.

Then there's Subaru from Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou who is obsessive to an extreme degree, including stalking, breaking in, and stealing tissues used for... stuff from the love interest's trash can, but is also a complete almost cliche Tsundere at the same time. So she's a tsunyandere?

Yanderes are fun.

ohlawd

pssh such awful taste in OreShura girls, the lot of you.
Ai > Hime > Masuzu > Chiwa

I've been wracking my head for yanderes since last night. I can't remember any cuz we don't get enough of them :(

NIS make crazy weird games, with wonderful titles to support them. Examples:

Z/X Zillions of enemy X
Cladun: This is an RPG
Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman (this is a fucking great game)
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?
Cooking Fighter Hao
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?

You better buy The Witch and the Hundred Knight or I will FIND you

tseXou9.jpg

Yuno doesn't scare me. She still seemed loveable just becuase how devoted she was. Ayase is not even that much of yandere. She's not going to do anything violent anytime soon.

Kaede, I'm scared off. Nope. I'm out.

Videoneon

But Ai-chan's catch phrase is "&#24859;&#12385;&#12419;&#12435;&#22823;&#21213;&#21033;", and Chiwa's is only "E&#12367;&#12435;&#24859;&#12375;&#12390;&#12427;".
Ai wins by default.

I looked up Ai chan wins on Google. It was a near death experience.

AI CHAN DAI SHOURI

Quixzlizx

Yuno doesn't scare me. She still seemed loveable just becuase how devoted she was. Ayase is not even that much of yandere. She's not going to do anything violent anytime soon.

Kaede, I'm scared off. Nope. I'm out.

Wat. Yuno
drugged the MC and chained him to a chair in a makeshift dungeon, presumably for forever if he hadn't been rescued.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan, but you'd have to sleep with one eye open.

Shingro

Yandere survival guide and errata!!

So, as far as I understand it yanGIRE are the Yans that are willing to stab/murder/savage the dude. Yangire are the ones you gotta worry about dating for your own health. There's some bleed between the two depending on events (more on that below.)

Yandere are the ones who are super affectionate and willing to kill *everyone else* and occasionally themselves in their devotion to the dude in question. Often it starts on something incredibly simple/mundane like helping her carry something heavy or saying a kind word on a really bad day. Except the train of "liking them more" has no brakes and no maximum speed.

09.jpg

Now this doesn't mean you're safe, there's a large set of pitfalls. The first and most obvious is that she may not be entirely.... sane in her decisions on her ideas of how you're going to love each other, she may say, chain you to the wall in her room, or put superglue in the door lock. This is your love dungeon end.

30_zpsdbcbd094.jpg

The second problem is that if you're harsh to her, say, for example she broke a sliding glass door with a crowbar to get to you and you nearly got lacerated by the flying glass and you shout "GOOD GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" You run the risk of becoming something other then the person she's fallen in love with, you aren't the object of affection, you're the IMPOSTOR and IMPOSTORS OF THE LOVED ONE DO NOT SURVIVE. Particularly if she has some sharp or blunt object to hand. This is your "Urk, I guess I'm dead after all" end

13-1.jpg

Even if you manage to evade that you've got the other side of the issue where she feels she's betrayed your love or expectations for some reason.and she offs or otherwise harms herself in 'penance' That's where you come home to her with tears in her eyes and a knife in her gut whispering she's sorry over and over. The Super Bummer End D:

I have no picture of this because.... because it's a super bummer and I don't save stories like that :<

Anyway if you like the nonsexy parts of these doujinshi you may want to look into the doujinshi circle Kireintei 's work. A lot of people feel they "got soft" on their yandere stories after Aishite Yamanai Shoujo (the kimono girl one) and Tsukasa (the schoolgirl) but those stories are as Yandere as they come.

Anyway, if you're willing to express an equal devotion to your yandere being your number one absolute superlove you and everyone around you are probably going to be alright. Where yandere goes wrong is where she starts to feel insecure because her expressions of that are off the chart. Still, if you as the protagonist don't trigger that, you and even the pretty checkout girl at the local market that smiled at you are probably going to live!

... probably!

(Edit: As I'm using these one off pages of a nonsexual nature as illustration and commentary on the concept of Yandere/yangire I believe I'm covered by fair use but I'm no legal scholar so if that's not the case lemme know.)

Taruranto

Yandere survival guide and errata!!

So, as far as I understand it yanGIRE are the Yans that are willing to stab/murder/savage the dude. Yangire are the ones you gotta worry about dating for your own health. There's some bleed between the two depending on events (more on that below.)

No, Yangire is just crazy, no romantic connotations. See for example Rena from Higurashi.

No, Yangire is just crazy, no romantic connotations. See for example Rena from Higurashi.
That's my understanding of Yangire, as well.

Agria the Shadowless, from Tales of Xillia, would be a Yangire character.
I think that Yangire characters can become Yandere characters, but don't usually.

Top Bottom