• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces If You Thought It Was Harem Paradise, It Was Yandere Hell (PS3)

Boku no Pico
tumblr_lznishNI161qdippyo1_500.gif

Coxy

This has so much potential, it could be really funny or really batshit insane or both, I just hope they dont wuss out and make it more on the harem side

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
It's just a visual novel? That's a load of bollocks.

A strategy RPG where you can only control the main character and all your other units are run by AI that can turn on you at a moment's notice would be amazing.

You're breakin' my heart, NIS.

You are not even trying. None of you.

zoASVUN.jpg

Also will NIS calm its tits with their weird-ass localization decisions? First they bring over all of dangan Ronpa except the parts people want to read and now this... thing?

JC Lately

So…chances of localization? Zero? I’m thinking zero.

Oh well. There’s always My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!! In 2015, anyway.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
That's because that's an entirely unrelated piece of original art by Hiiro Yuki made years ago. No idea what it was doing in the article, but I'd hope the actual game has a more suitable look for a game about yanderes and mascots. Especially if the mascots are anything like this.

Bah, I've been misled! Well, that's a relief at least. Looking forward to seeing the real art style later.

Replicant

I wonder how this would be translated into English?

"My Stage-5-Clinger Girlfriend Can't Possibly Be A Murderer"?

Because I'm guessing Yandere isn't exactly known terminology here.

Dark_castle

Second best game title ever.

First place still belongs to Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk for Ouya.

I really shouldn't have any interest in this, but that title alone makes me curious enough to want to give it a punt if NISA ever felt crazy enough to localise it.

Would say, Tharja of Fire Emblem Awakening be considered (mild?) Yandere?

I was telling to myself readibg this thread that watching school days made me not want anything with yanderes...

Then the revelation came, my waifu in Fire Emblem is a Yandere. Hope Tharja doesnt discover i was flirting with some girls before choosi

Nice-Boat.jpg

Eusis

It's just a visual novel? That's a load of bollocks.

A strategy RPG where you can only control the main character and all your other units are run by AI that can turn on you at a moment's notice would be amazing.

You're breakin' my heart, NIS.
From my limited exposure I think I'd rather see a sort of anime, likely moe Outlast instead. Let's just go full on survival horror here, I'll never play it but it'll be morbidly fascinating to see everyone's reactions to it.

Does Yandere and Tsundere mean the same thing?
A Tsundere is a character that is resistive to people romantically and sexually. Often to the point of violence. The idea in Tsundere is 'winning someone over' who may or may not like you. The general assumption with tsundere, is that girls like you, even if they outwardly show otherwise. Or at least can warm up to you, given the appropriate behavior.

The idea in Yandere is that a character is attracted to someone, and outwardly so. Often, to the point of obsession, domination, dependency, and abusiveness, sometimes violent abusiveness. Sometimes even to the point of being murderers and rapists.

Tsundere characters tend to be resistive, and not honest with their feelings. Even if their feelings are completely healthy. Yandere characters tend to be possessive, and honest with their feelings, even if their feelings are completely unhealthy.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
From my limited exposure I think I'd rather see a sort of anime, likely moe Outlast instead. Let's just go full on survival horror here, I'll never play it but it'll be morbidly fascinating to see everyone's reactions to it.

NIS making a survival horror game would be something. How on earth would they reconcile a genre where one of the main gameplay elements is limited resources with their passion for HUGE NUMBERS?

Wait, do they do stats in their visual novels? Is every character in this game going to have YAN and DERE stats that you can grind to 9,999,999?

That'd be pretty aces.

Psxphile

Title reminds me of the classic Got Milk? TV ad with the guy dying and waking up in the afterlife only to find out its not the one he was expecting.

mjontrix

I imagine harem ending is the girls cutting you in pieces and each yandere get to have one body part

No no noooooon -

It's the girls cutting each other up and giving you pieces of them - because there can only be one yandere left at the end of the day. Of course that one Yandere will probably then end up chopping you to bits so there's more of you to love.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As much as some people ham on English dubs, the job Carrie Savage did during Kaede's epic breakdown was amazing.

Someone challenged me to watch this dub (by going don't watch this show, it's awful, the dub part is because I love dubs) and this is 100% true. Great crazy acting in that.

Top Bottom