• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Flek

Banned
Ok so this is it, the official thread for all of us poor europeans having to wait for the ps4 while ouer american friends are already breaking their systems … i mean playing their shiny new ps4s :(

We have 2 more weeks to go so i thought lets get some hype here together.

Some questions:

With all the bundles and shit going on - what are you guys getting?

Are you afraid of getting a faulty PS4?

What games are you getting?

-------

I preordered the PS4 standalone system for full price, but amazon gave me 50 Euros off DriveClub so i preordered this for 20 Euros. The preorder for DriveClub is also a 50% discount on 1 year PS+. I also got in on the amazon buy 2 get 3 deal. So i picked up Killzone, BF4 and COD. But just decidet that COD is to shity and 3 shooters are to mouch. So returned COD and ordered ASS Creed. So no PS4 Camera for me … because i never used the PS Eye on my PS3.

----

Lets wait together, everyone is welcome even australians ;)

t1385683200z0.png

Certinty

Yeah, I actually am quite concerned about getting a faulty unit now to be totally honest.

Either way only 2 more weeks to go! I'm excited.

Flek

Banned
Also do you guys know if Europe also gets the little 3-fold flyer with the discounts and the free 10 Euros ?

Danneee

I just can't decide if I should buy a game with my console or just play ps+ free/f2p/demos first.
I kind of want BF4 because I really like the mp portion and NFS as it seems good. Though I just bought a new apartment with my gf and should put my money towards furniture...

Pjsprojects

Might pop in to Argos and pick one up but the games are either not intresting or I already have them on WiiU/PC.
Give me Uncharted 4 (-:

I have ordered AC and KZ to play and as always when I buy new hardware, of course I'm afraid to get a faulty unit.

Man the wait is pain.

Addnan

:( The wait.

Getting Killzone and FIFA. Regret getting the mega bundle with FIFA. Fuck FIFA. Anyone want to buy FIFA :/. Will only be playing Killzone of the retail games.
Not worried about a DOA, rather that than the problem being that it breaks 1 year later. If it's doa I'll just return to Amazon. Not hard.

The two week delay is actually not too bad when I think about it. Gives me a chance to finish all my coursework before it launches. 1 down, 2 more two go. Will somehow do them in 2 weeks.

goonergaz

best things come to those who wait (2 weeks longer) :)

I'm getting the KZ pack (with extra controller + camera) - really please its now £430 at Game so tempted to get either NFS, AC or the Lego game.

Will be at the midnight launch like a giddy schoolchild on christmas eve

I ain't buying anything with my PS4. A: Can't afford to buy any games, and B: The free ones will be fine for a while. Wait a couple of weeks until the games come down in price a little.

Gav

Killzone Mega Pack on preorder at ShopTo. Also got AC4 on order. Ps+ paid up for the year, too, so Resogun will be the first thing I download.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Dont suppose anyone can tell me if the PS Plus code in the box can be used by a former subscriber? Mine just ran out and I really want to play Resogun at launch.

Bradach

Patiently waiting on the KZ bundle with camera and extra DS4.
Good idea for a thread. Subbed
I've been reading the US thread all day. Exciting times

Zafir

Will grab Killzone and Knack. Not sure if I'll be getting a console on release date mind you. I'm tempted to go with the Amazon Mega Bundle and cancel my outrageously priced ShopTo bundle order.

ruttyboy

Getting the Killzone/Camera /Controller Megabundle thing.

The two weeks wait is pretty shitty, but the real killer for me is waiting three weeks for GT6!

At least it means that if my PS4 is faulty I'll be too distracted to notice :D

Demain

I'm getting the KZ pack (with extra controller + camera) - really please its now £430 at Game so tempted to get either NFS, AC or the Lego game.

I'll be getting this one too! Going to get Assassins creed too because of the upgrade offer for a tenner I think.

The other PS Plus games and Flower, escape plan and indie games will keep me happy.

Anyone have a list of indie games that are actually available for the european launch?

Dunkers92

Tad worried I will get a faulty one. Fingers crossed though.

The two weeks I expect to go fairly quickly as I will be working a lot of hours up until release. Working in a GAME store, I cannot wait for the midnight release. So hyped. Going to be tough but awesome

Have all my games preordered and ready to go. Picking up NBA 2k, AC4, and Battlefield to go along with my Killzone Mega Bundle. Possibly FIFA too.

Ordered the 'Gamer Pack' (Killzone + extra pad + camera) from Amazon UK. Gonna be a long couple of weeks. Not worried about getting a broken system. The chance is really really small.

I think the US launch and reading the reactions has helped to make my expectations about things more realistic, so in a way it's good I suppose.

Ah who am I kidding I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE FML!

DBT85

I await greatness.

Getting the Gamer bundle form Amazon (Killzone, extra DS4, camera), Knack and BF4. Also the charging stand.

Not worried about getting a dud, odds are small and if it happens it happens.

In the meantime, living vicariously through the Internet, and I really need to finish a few games on PS3. That would mean spending less time on GAF though, and I struggle with that lol.

Waiting Gaf here as well

Solo console from Amazon.

Killzone SF
AC4
NFS R

Ok who's with me? "10 million bottles of beer on the wall........"

mrklaw

MrArseFace
getting a Killzone+DS4+camera bundle, confirmed only recently by GAME. Also getting NFS for £40 as part of their own bundles.

Then on top of that, I'm getting
FIFA14 for £10 (Amazon upgrade from PS3 version)
Lego Marvel for half price (if the GAME comments are correct)
ACIV
And of course Resogun

All costs already covered by about £650 I've saved up on my GAME card over the last 6 months. I'm even getting my other winter games on that too - so Zelda, Tearaway, Mario 3D world and GT6. Feels good having a 'free' gaming season

Not worried about it failing - saves will be online, and warranties in the UK are good enough.

I'll spend the next few days playing UC3 which I haven't played yet, and reading impressions and info on HDD upgrades and remoteplay settings etc.
Then next Friday I'll have Tearaway and Zelda - and reading about the Xbox launch - to keep me going until the 29th. That's actually my birthday, so I have the day off to pick up my console, games and Mario 3D World.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
if not just create a new account and play on your main account?

Wouldnt I have to set the new one as the master account? I dont think Id bother with that if its just for 2 weeks

Kyonashi

I really hope someone offers a BOGOF deal like Amazon did in some other countries. After the reviews I'm not sure if Knack will be enough for me...

I'm going to wait till next year (I know that sounds crazy)

But I'm going to create a PSN account and get Plus on launch so that I'll have enough games until I get my console

gruenel

Hopefully all the patches are out until Euro launch.

I'm not playing AC4 in 900p when a 1080p patch is coming up or NfS: Rivals when it will run much smoother after the patch.

Riky

$MSFT
Getting mine from Game at midnight, getting

Assassins Creed IV
Killzone SF
Battlefield 4
NFS Rivals
COD Ghosts (Got Already)

Not that concerned about faulty unit, if it happens it happens. Getting an X1 next week so wait will not be too bad.

PS4 normal edition on amazon.it (400€) with 1 year PS+ on the PS store(50€)
Assassin's Creed 4 and Killzone SF on zavvi.com (116€) beacuse I can't find them cheaper anywhere else.

Betty

Banned
Getting the Action Pack bundle from Amazon which comes with BF4+KZ

I just hope the issues some have been having playing BF4 online will have eased by then.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

online or instore for the price reduction? That's good news if true - makes it only £409 for the bundle out of my pocket as I've already written off the £20 deposit.

if you preordered instore, they should offer you the bundle deals on top, so you can get NFS for £40 - cheaper than anywhere else. And apparantly Lego will be half price if you buy it alongside a console.

Acheteedo

Now that it's out it appears that the hardware problems are not as widespread as I'd feared, so I'm not concerned with that.

What's slightly concerning are the reports of it being loud, which bug the hell out of me with 360 and PS3.

Stuart444

I'm a little worried but not too much. I hope Sony Europe will have warnings/common issues/etc out just in case though before our launch.

Izcarielo

Banned
I reserved mine almost 4 months ago, but I recently received a sms from GAME asking me to select one of their 2 different SKU's : PS4 or PS4+KZ:SF.
I obviously picked up the second one given that I was going to buy KZ:SF anyways.
Im eagerly waiting for launch day :)

The_Monk

Only 2 weeks, hope it goes all as planned. I talked on phone with the worker from my store and at this point I just hope I can get one PS4 since I pre-ordered as soon as it was possible for me to do so. They might have the Bundle with just Killzone Shadow Fall and I would like to get that because it's an okay price to me considering I will mostly pay using all the store credit I've been getting in-store. Hoping for the best to everyone in here and I can't wait for the European Release too. I wanted to get some more games, just one or two but... I can't really spend more, I'm afraid. :/

If that's okay, I'm going to quote my own post from the NA Launch thread to avoid repeating myself:

European fellow GAFfer here waiting for the November 29th and hoping for the best.

First of all, thank you for creating the thread. It seems we are getting close of another generation and this time the hype really got me. It's amazing to see how far we have come, looking at the Shinobi thread posted in the OP it sure is interesting to see how different games looked back then, yet, I remember saying: "look at those amazing graphics! No way" not too long ago.

I've been playing games for quite some time. Single Player, Multiplayer, on PC, consoles and so on. Gaming to me is something that brought balance to my life and it brings me joy while I sit down and relax playing a Story or having some online fun with a couple of friends. It really helped me too when times were bad, when I had some rough times. Gaming was always there to help me escape, even for a small portion of time, to another reality. Today I still keep on playing and it has never been more fun.

To me, playing games is a timeless thing. It does not matter if I'm playing a just released title or something from the 80's or the 90's. Fun is fun.

Funny thing is, there was one thing that I added to my Gaming for quite some years: GAF. This fine Community filled with amazing and kind people loves to talk and discuss this great hobby of ours. In the last years spending this time with you all I got to know someone just by their name, avatar, or by posting. A feel of a growing strong Community was present every day. And it still is.

Years have passed and while many Backlogs increased or decreased, some silly things like Online Passes have come and go, DLC's, Content, Experience (lot's of them according to many PR's) only one thing remained true: this place. Because we will always fight for what we like, as consumers or gamers. Because in the end it's all about gaming and this is the reason why I am proud to say: I belong here.

Soon, some posts in the "Post your Pick up" thread will start, then some amazing gaming setups will be posted in the "Post your gaming setup" thread and many others will follow filled with tips & tricks, deals, impressions, reviews, and many more.

This is the best time to play, but also, this is the best time to NeoGAF.

I hope that, on Day one, in here -Europe- I can also be one of the lucky ones to get a PS4 (all my vouchers, lot's of them, are ready) and join the party and all the upcoming discussions we will be having.

As a last plead, it would be amazing to remember us all why we are here. To talk what we love and that's is Videogames. They are our passion and it does not matter where we are, our religion, how we look or how much rich or poor some can be. Respecting the next fellow GAFfer should always be a priority when posting. It's amazing when we all have fun together! Right? No need to be rude, harsh or to offend each one simply because opinions are different. Remember that this is a multi-cultural place, there are many different minds so keep that in mind and remember, each member build this Community, for good and for bad.

Exciting days are coming, hope we can all have some fun in here, it's amazing to be part of this Community with such amazing fellow GAFfers too. :)

Wait together, stay strong together! :)

Top Bottom