• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

best things come to those who wait (2 weeks longer) :)

I'm getting the KZ pack (with extra controller + camera) - really please its now £430 at Game so tempted to get either NFS, AC or the Lego game.

Will be at the midnight launch like a giddy schoolchild on christmas eve

Game have dropped the price to match MRP? Good. Glad they've done that, although even at £450 it still represented good value and I was happy to pay it.

Waiting 2 weeks after the USA is killing me, but at least its better than the bad old days when we waited months (or even over a year) for consoles to reach Blighty.

Hagi

I'm going to wait till next year (I know that sounds crazy)

But I'm going to create a PSN account and get Plus on launch so that I'll have enough games until I get my console

Not at all, it won't be till Infamous before i jump on this train.

I'm in for Resogun though, god bless PS+.

Feorax

Getting the killzone megabundle for £429.99 from game, and picking up Lego Marvel for half price with it.

Really want to pick up FIFA too, but I don't know if I'll be able to stretch to it.

I've got mine ordered with six games, but I'm just bricking it now that my machine won't work. I know the issues are probably few and far between but its definitely worrying :/

Gigarator

Put my order in the day it was announced, ShopTo offered me the KZ mega bundle upgrade so I've gone with that. Still undecided on what games to get, I'm still going to get Knack despite the reviews being pretty poor and maybe AC4. I was really looking forward to Drive Club so it's a blow that it got delayed, but hey at least it's something to look forward to I guess.

These two weeks are gonna be sloooooow.

If anybody wants to add me on PSN my tag is in my profile.

Only 14 restless nights and i will hold my ps4 in my arms.

Only getting the console, no games (new games are too expensive for my taste), but ps+ will hold me over for a while until the games drop in price.

So close to the finish line and now i'm having doubts and thinking about waiting for the 2nd Son bundle instead.

I think my hype peaked too early.

Counting down the days! Although I do have Xbox One coming next week!

Things I want for European PS4 launch:

The Amazon digital store to work natively here
AC4 to have its resolution patch
No dodgy HDMI port
Be confident in picking a new HDD/SSHD!

system11

I'm getting the machine from Amazon with no games.
I bought CoD Ghosts from GAME due to their annoying retailer exclusive content (Freefall map).
I've ordered AC4 from GAME due to their annoying retailer exclusive content. The Buccaneer edition has loads of stuff you can't get elsewhere, and they're the exclusive stockist for the UK.

I am not happy about having to buy from GAME, exclusive content is hateful. Might pick up Killzone on ebay, the law of averages suggests the number of people forced to buy a bundle including Killzone is higher than the number of people who wanted Killzone.

I'm hoping the new Samsung 2TB drive becomes a thing you can actually get hold of by then too. I know what I'm like with indie/arcade releases, and that 500gb will be gone very quickly.

SHADES

Yep these next 2 week are gonna be tough, I've already wobbled twice as my main buddies have switched back to XBone's and GAF being GAF on Wednesday with the reported failure's I looked into getting one myself & dropping the PS4 but MS shall not be forgiven so easily lol.

Mega Bundle from GAME £449, kz, +1 DS4 & camera.
Battlefield 4.

Any UK BF4 players looking to squad once we've got past the install & PSN issue's (lol) hit me up....

PSN: DeadlyDefibs

4JnLKx0.jpg

I do this to torture myself. I was in the states for the US release and didn't buy a console, but picked up a controller and games.

2 more weeks is going to be a loooooooong time.

Covfan

Ps4 mega bundle reporting in for duty. *salutes*

Can't wait for the 29th, even more so now I know game use DPD for deliveries, so hour block for delivery and I'll be able to track the delivery driver online.

I´m waiting for the Scandinavian retail and promo guys to confirm I´m getting a unit for review before release. Considering I haven´t heard much is probably all the answer I need.

River

Killzone mega bundle, COD (already have) and FIFA on launch day.

Not really afraid of getting a faulty unit, seems very isolated and its a risk you take day one.

I've also got £55 on a game card which i was going to spend on drive club but might give a different game a go depending on reactions here.

Zampano

Got the KZ bundle with extra pad and camera arriving launch day.

Haven't ordered any other games yet - depressed by the £50 prices on games everywhere. Come on supermarkets! Bring those prices crashing down!

Will be picking up AC4, maybe BF4, N4S.

Excited for Resogun.

hertog

Perks of managing a gamestore. Hopefully I'll get mine a bit sooner (I guess the 27th) and I'll take the killzone, 2 dualshock + cam version

PJV3

Grew up in the seventies with only bits of wood to keep me occupied, this wait is child's play.

Not worried about defective units, I will just replace it if I'm unlucky.

jiggles

Banned
Got the 28th and 29th booked off in the off-chance Amazon ship it a day early.

I don't think my girlfriend is going to approve, though. I've been spending much more time gaming than usual lately (trying to clear as much of the last-gen backlog as possible) and been pretty busy with work, so if I spend the only two days I've booked off in a while just locked away playing PS4, she's gonna be pissed. I've explicitly explained what's going to go down, but I don't think she really believes me, y'know?

This shit was easier when we didn't live together. I could tell her I'd see her in a few days and she'd get on with her life. Now it's like "I'm just in the next room. Why don't you spend time with me?"

Woman, please.

cilonen

Getting Killzone and I'll pick up Resogun and Contrast from PS+ but watching Rolo Tomasi stream NFS Rivals right now is getting me hyped for that. Was not expecting that but it might scratch my racing itch at launch.

He's kreepmode on twitch tv if anyone wants a look.

panda-zebra

Banned
Got the nod from shopto to switch my preorder to the Killzone/pad/camera bundle, so jumped at that. So far only assassin's creed and knack ordered, might go for nfs as well but it's the psn stuff that interests me most. Not worried about ps4 arriving DOA, there's always a chance and it has to happen to some of us, but chances are slight.

Greatness still awaited.

TeaFan

Got the 28th and 29th booked off in the off-chance Amazon ship it a day early.

I don't think my girlfriend is going to approve, though. I've been spending much more time gaming than usual lately (trying to clear as much of the last-gen backlog as possible) and been pretty busy with work, so if I spend the only two days I've booked off in a while just locked away playing PS4, she's gonna be pissed. I've explicitly explained what's going to go down, but I don't think she really believes me, y'know?

This shit was easier when we didn't live together. I could tell her I'd see her in a few days and she'd get on with her life. Now it's like "I'm just in the next room. Why don't you spend time with me?"

Woman, please.
Preach on brother, preach on

Rainy Dog

Well, after importing all my consoles from the US or Japan since the SNES I'm with you guys and waiting it out the extra couple of weeks.

As someone that's determined to go all digital, one thing I am leaning heavily towards is buying all my games from the new amazon.com digital store though. $59.99 is under £38.00 and most third parrty digital games will be a scandalous £59.99 on UK PSN. I'd rather have my games tied to my main UK account but I'll gladly compromise by game sharing with my US PSN account for a saving of over 20 quid a game.

Hoping we can get confirmation before the 29th that this can definitely be pulled off with no other caveats.

Adan0s

I finally found a new home on GAF. Wooo!

Now I just need Amazon.de to confirm a delivery date for the Killzone Bundle...

Yeah, also waiting for the confirmation of the release date. Hopefully those rumours about germany & finland being the only countries where the mega bundle is getting delayed for 2 more weeks are wrong. :/

system11

to SSD or not to SSD, thats the REAL question.

2 more weeks. hold me gaf :(

I've seen more workstation SSDs fail at work in the past half year than normal ones in the decade before that. Maybe we just got a bad batch, maybe it's the usage pattern of the development team, but the end result is the same - no way I'm trusting them for something I demand ultimate reliability from.

KOHIPEET

I'm here, waiting till the 12th of December.

One thing is sweet in the bitter though, Infamous SS and Destiny Beta won't be as far is it is from November.

I've been seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. Not because of anything about the PS4 but because I'm just not that hyped. Maybe I'm getting old but really I'd rather spend more time on my other passion which is making music and playing the guitar. There are some nice pedals that I could get for £350.
However, I know I will get a PS4 and Xbox One eventually so I might as well get one at launch. I have done with the PS2 and PS3 before hand. So I think I'll get it at launch. I just don't mind waiting. Plenty for me to do in the meantime.

Dunkers92

online or instore for the price reduction? That's good news if true - makes it only £409 for the bundle out of my pocket as I've already written off the £20 deposit.

Game have dropped the price to match MRP? Good. Glad they've done that, although even at £450 it still represented good value and I was happy to pay it..

Yep. In store the price has come down to £429. And LEGO for half price is a steal although stock apparently may be a bit tight

With all the bundles and shit going on - what are you guys getting? The killzone mega pack.

Are you afraid of getting a faulty PS4? Yep

What games are you getting? Killzone and I hope Battlefield 4 which should occupy me enough till MGS GZ or Second Son

I really, really hope Amazon will ship my console early so I have it for launch. Like, really really really hope so.

I haven't pre-ordered but I'm pretty tempted now to go into a supermarket and buy one on release day in the morning or at midnight.

system11

Because the guys in America need two weeks to complete their beta testing for us ;) Honestly I think playing through some backlog is more fun than fighting a brand new online setup, and maybe we'll get the CoD/AC4 patches on our release day this way.

Top Bottom