• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

I can wait....sure...noooooo problem here

tumblr_m2lcqr7QJf1qihztbo1_500.gif

PJV3

I've been seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. Not because of anything about the PS4 but because I'm just not that hyped. Maybe I'm getting old but really I'd rather spend more time on my other passion which is making music and playing the guitar. There are some nice pedals that I could get for £350.
However, I know I will get a PS4 and Xbox One eventually so I might as well get one at launch. I have done with the PS2 and PS3 before hand. So I think I'll get it at launch. I just don't mind waiting. Plenty for me to do in the meantime.

I'm pary of the older crowd, I've thought about cancelling for similar reasons, but fuck it.

I can't let go, I've been gaming since the Binatone came out.

Saiyan-Rox

s10e12_480.jpg

All these unboxings and live streams makes the wait harder D:

Also Kinda lame we don't get any free credit or anything with our machines -_- (Afaik we donl't anyway)

fantomena

Will be getting Knack and Killzone. Maybe FIFA and NFS: Rivals too, will see how the digital price is since Im getting the last 2 digital.

sakipon

I still don't know for sure what game(s) I'll pick up. None of the launch titles are must haves for me. But I definitely want the system day one. I preordered it right after the E3 presentation and the hype has only grown stronger.

Tugatrix

Because the guys in America need two weeks to complete their beta testing for us ;) Honestly I think playing through some backlog is more fun than fighting a brand new online setup, and maybe we'll get the CoD/AC4 patches on our release day this way.

ahah true

I'm unsure about which bundle to buy:

http://www.fnac.pt/Sony-PS4-500GB-Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Consola-Consola/a731164

http://www.fnac.pt/Sony-PS4-500GB-K...onsola-Consola/a731165#bl=JEPlayStation-4BLO3

on top of the bundle I also have to add the PS plus, so the first bundle is more attractive now...

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I probably won't be getting one until around Christmas (and perhaps beyond that if there isn't any decent games announced soon enough
(WHY IS THERE NO RIDGE RACER FOR LAUNCH!?)
), so it'll be an even long enough wait for me.

Jburton

Banned
Patiently waiting here, me and my brother have our consoles pre ordered and I am going to for KZ:SF and BF4 plus the F2P and PS+ titles.

Can't say I am not concerned about some of the issues but unless it really goes tits up at some point I am still there midnight.

lifa-cobex

Patiently waiting here, me and my brother have our consoles pre ordered and I am going to for KZ:SF and BF4 plus the F2P and PS+ titles.

Can't say I am not concerned about some of the issues but unless it really goes tits up at some point I am still there midnight.

Treat the US as are beta testers. They can put up with any crap and have it solved by are release.

Many going for the midnight release in UK Cornwall?

I'm sort of glad the US gets to test a lot of things out, like the HDD speed stuff and whatnot. I had to raise an eyebrow at the stories about defective units, but so far it doesn't seem to be a massive problem.

On the other hand, I sadly couldn't get my hands on one of those bundles and there doesn't seem to be ANY retailer in the Netherlands doing any sort of deals. In fact they're charging 5-10 Euros more per game more than the official price. I would almost say it deserves some looking into by the government, because it kind of reeks when I see all these other countries making these deals and so on.

But at any rate...I can wait those 2 weeks. Better than being considered a tier whatever country by Microsoft and having to wait months for launch if you're an Xbone buyer.

I've got the PS4 and Killzone bundle pre-ordered at Amazon. They haven't updated it with an estimated date yet but at least the price and bundle are correct now. I am worried about getting a bricked console though.

Flek

Banned
any idea if we could simply buy games digitally via amazon.com - that would be a nice discount for us europeans right?

Ashadur

Neo Member
Might pop in to Argos and pick one up but the games are either not intresting or I already have them on WiiU/PC.
Give me Uncharted 4 (-:

If you're going to Argos, do not buy the games there, they are more expensive then majority of the other retailers.

I'm personally getting the Killzone mega bundle with NFS: Rivals & some other game i still have not decided on. I'm super jealous at the moment and cannot stop watching streams on Twitch of people using their PS4.

mekes

First off, I hope mine bloody works when it turns up on the 29th. If it does..

I have the Killzone mega bundle coming with the charging cradle, NBA2k, N4S, Battlefield, AC4 and I might possibly add Knack and Injustice to the list for variety. I'm a Plus subscriber so things are good there, looking forward to Reso and Contrast. Curious for the F2P games since I haven't tried either before.

The wait, tho.. The long wait. I am glad I'll have a sense of what each game might be like and like others have said hopefully some games will have patches waiting for us to install by the time we get them. Hopefully these next 2 weeks go by pretty quick :)

My retailer in Russia says that there will be no delays from EU launch. For those who pre-ordered the console of course.

Can't wait!

It's going to be a long 2 weeks but it will be worth it. I am a little bit worried about getting a faulty unit but with the low % rate of failures I'm trying to put it at the back of my mind.

I'm gettingy PS4 with KZ and CoD Ghosts. Game are doing an offer where you can pick up the stand for half price so I'll get that and I can get Lego Marvel half price as well so I might pick that up with it

L3G3ND6

Neo Member
I can't wait for this to come out, I have decided to go all out on this launch, these are what I am getting for the launch. I'm getting the PS4 with call of duty ghosts limited edition.

Games:
  • Call of duty Ghosts,
  • Killzone
  • AC IV
  • FIFA 14
  • Knack
  • BF4
  • Injustice gods among us GOTY
  • Need for speed rivals
  • Resogun
  • Contrast
  • Trine 2
  • blacklight retribution
  • Warframe
  • DC Universe online
Will also see what other games appeal to me on PSN.

Accesories:
  • Playstation camera
  • Sony pulse elite edition
  • PS Vita 3G and wifi with 10 game megapack
  • elgato game capture hd
  • Samsung 32 inch 1080p full HD smart tv with 120hz

I am also deciding on if I should get the 4 gamers connector and charger pack, officially licensed gold plated HDMI and gold plated 2M charge cable for £17.99 or if I should stick with the HDMI it comes with, though I have heard that seems to be causing trouble and just get a 3M orb charging cable or just get none.

Flek

Banned
I can't wait for this to come out, I have decided to go all out on this launch, these are what I am getting for the launch. I'm getting the PS4 with call of duty ghosts limited edition.

Games:
  • Call of duty Ghosts,
  • Killzone
  • AC IV
  • FIFA 14
  • Knack
  • BF4
  • Injustice gods among us GOTY
  • Need for speed rivals
  • Resogun
  • Contrast
  • Trine 2
  • blacklight retribution
  • Warframe
  • DC Universe online
Will also see what other games appeal to me on PSN.

Accesories:
  • Playstation camera
  • Sony pulse elite edition
  • PS Vita 3G and wifi with 10 game megapack
  • elgato game capture hd
  • Samsung 32 inch 1080p full HD smart tv with 120hz

I am also deciding on if I should get the 4 gamers connector and charger pack, officially licensed gold plated HDMI and gold plated 2M charge cable for £17.99 or if I should stick with the HDMI it comes with, though I have heard that seems to be causing trouble and just get a 3M orb charging cable or just get none.

holy fuck dude :0. Well seems like the only thing you are missing is a new HDD and a vita grip

Moze

Banned
Mega bundle and Injustice for me

Can't wait until these crazy game prices go down. No way in hell i am going to pay £50 for a PS4 game.

Kane1345

Ah a thread I can sit in and cry. Yay! -.-

I'm expecting faults on our launch as well just not as many as the US ones cause hopefully they will be sorted out by then. If it happens it happens, that's why we have warranties (I hope it doesn't happen to me or anyone else here :p)

Getting KZSF, BF4, NBA2K14 and Knack

Stuart444

I wish Sony would just let places send the PS4s out as soon as they get them... preferably a week early :(.

just gotta keep playing games/doing other stuff to keep myself busy.

PJV3

Ah a thread I can sit in and cry. Yay! -.-

I'm expecting faults on our launch as well just not as many as the US ones cause hopefully they will be sorted out by then. If it happens it happens, that's why we have warranties (I hope it doesn't happen to me or anyone else here :p)

Getting KZSF, BF4, NBA2K14 and Knack

At least we can eliminate Taco Bell from the equation.

I wish Sony would just let places send the PS4s out as soon as they get them... preferably a week early :(.

just gotta keep playing games/doing other stuff to keep myself busy.
I had a word with Zavvi who said they will be but they won't get them until a few days before release anyway.

kyser73

I played my first game - Space Invaders - on one of these when I was 4 1/2:

pet4032-12.jpg

36 years later, my second child due 19th November, and I'm getting. PS4. I've loved every minute.

Bundle: KZ Gamer Pack and a charging cradle.

Worried: nah, if it's borked I'll get a new one either direct from Amazon or with the refund money. I'm old, I've got patience.

Games: BF4, have AC4 on the Xmas present list, currently umming about NFS. From PS+ RESOGUN, War Thunder, Contrast, Flower & the cross buys and whatever else takes my fancy. Although I've got a reasonably ninja PC PS3 is my main gaming fix, so I'm of the opinion that the launch line up has plenty of things to keep me entertained.

What really kicked my hype off was the Oxo tower takeover, it feet like th proper start - and it feels like Playstation is coming home to the UK after its brief affair with the 360 ;)

gaming-oxo-tower-playstation-symbols-2.jpg

goonergaz

online or instore for the price reduction? That's good news if true - makes it only £409 for the bundle out of my pocket as I've already written off the £20 deposit.

if you preordered instore, they should offer you the bundle deals on top, so you can get NFS for £40 - cheaper than anywhere else. And apparantly Lego will be half price if you buy it alongside a console.

Sorry if already answered, but yes - I store confirmed. I'm just not 100% sure they would do more than one of the extra deals but will find out tomorrow

Top Bottom