• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

gotta love dayone issues, we reunited at the place of one us who bought this jewel and been greeted by this after some minutes of playing, it was before we installed the patch tho

Q93nS8b.jpg

Arukado

Those videos are almost unbelievable because my store was just so chill and everyone was talking and stuff, max 50 people.

It's just amazing that there can be such a difference between having a pre-order and not.
In my local store we were 2, my brother and me. And another dude came 3 minutes later.

So yeah, those videos are crazy.

Aces&Eights

I had the same problem. I clicked on buy uplay passport and it sent me to the store to download it for free.

Mine had some quirks as well. Make sure you look in the back of your game case and inputthe qr code for it, too. Then it should activate it and work going forward.

wizzbang

Banned
Germany mustn't be a part of Europe then because that bundle won't be released here until December 23rd...

Jesu Christo :(
Our rumoured dates are : Dec 13, Dec 15, Dec 16, Dec 18, Dec 21.
Retailers are kinda lost :/ Dec 23'rd = madness, because I think a lot of people got that bundle :/

Croyles

Played some Killzone, was very impressed by the graphics. The shooting feels nice and the levels aren't bad but I have some issues with mission markers and a lot of other small things that make this game a 7/10 for the single player (full scale so above average). I'm sure I will get enjoyment out of it, especially the multiplayer!

Then I fired up Resogun.
At first I was like "meh".
Then I was like "woah".
Finally followed by "HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS THIS IS AWESOME!"

I haven't learnt too much about the finer points of the game yet so I'm not very good, but fuck me I love this game.

Metalmarc

Savages man, most of those people in the videos, thing is a small percent of those ps4's prob didnt work, or theyre bust now, all that effort for that, i'll get mine when we can go to the shops without having a scrum lmao
Like after xmas

Im either patient or lazy

kyser73

Anyone else having card issues? Trying to buy my years ps+ and despite using the same card details as on my 3 it keeps coming up with card error.

Most annoying as I wish to play Resogun...

Card redemption is down.

I still keep getting USB is not recognised. Tried 3 USBs and formatted.

Knew I shouldn't have bothered upgrading HDD. Whoever designed the USB ports on the PS4 needs to be shot.

Card redemption is down.

I still keep getting USB is not recognised. Tried 3 USBs and formatted.

Knew I shouldn't have bothered upgrading HDD. Whoever designed the USB ports on the PS4 needs to be shot.

are you plugging it in the first port? ((the one near the disc drive)

and fat32 right?

Im just crawling into bed now after playing non stop from 3 this afternoon , its such a great console. Battlefield 4 is amazing. Time to sleep now but looking forward to tomorrows gaming.

Bradf50

Ok, been playing it today, my first impressions:

+ LOVE the DS4, feels fantastic in the hand, I'd say on par, if not slightly edges out the 360 controller IMO.
+ The console is so quiet yet so small!
+ Lovely speedy and snappy OS.
+ Games look incredible, loving Killzone SF at the moment.
+ Games Install instantly, took 30 seconds from popping the KSF disc in and I was playing in the menus.

- Cant pause downloads...Hope this is in the next patch as all of my downloads seem to be going on all at once. I haven't got a fast connection speed, so I'd like to prioritise my downloads.

Other than that it's a fantastic machine so far, look forward to playing you all in the future. Hope you all got your PS4's ok.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
doesnt seem worth it to make a thread, i got the KZ + cam bundle and the cam doesnt come with the clip to hook it to your tv, kinda sucks it doesnt imo :/ killzone also doesnt give you the preorder dlc.

eunao

Apparently my PS4 Killzone Bundle from Amazon UK hasn't been shipped because stock issues, courier issues and technical issues. I ordered in June... WTH

Not sure if it's worth waiting for Amazon to send me another PS4 or get a refund and try elsewhere. The refund will probably take 10 days to go through (it has done before) and they might have stock in before that (admittedly it'll be stock for pre-orders but they will have to use one of those to honour my order). This is assuming my PS4 does'nt turn up but I really doubt it will. Either one of my neighbours has stolen it or the driver has. Doubt it's going to turn up.
Have to wait until Monday at the earliest.

Loomba

Hi guys, few questions...

1. If I buy a game digitally on an US account and then play it on my EU account does the multiplayer work if I only have plus on the EU account.... and does it connect me to europeans like normal or people in the US?

2. Can we redeem codes now?

rafaelr

wow, PSN download speeds are totally screwed for me. started the 500MB resogun download last night, finished 30mins ago.
digital only my ass!

Still no update from DPD and calling them the automated system says they are waiting for an update on package and to call after 11am and cuts me off. Been stuck at "Your parcel has arrived at your nearest depot in Dunstable" since 00:04 on 28th. Hope some fucker hasnt stolen it :(

Dunkers92

Got to play mine for the first time last night. What a console. I was like a kid at Christmas when it first booted up.

I love how quiet it is. Virtually silent. The controller is beautiful too. The UI is simple but very snappy. Tried out the voice commands and they were ok actually, much better than I thought they would be

PSN downloads were very slow though. Hopefully due to the traffic they had. And they need to add a pause download option. Apart from that it was amazing. Got a day off tomorrow and will be playing on it all day

Sillverrr

Well, the postman has just delivered my PS4. Was detained all of yesterday because Customs didn't have enough people to process all of the deliveries to my Island! Have had the camera on its own for a full day, lol.

Maybe Killzone will turn up next week (ordered it separately, and Amazon's release date guarantee is generally worthless for offshore). Still, time to set this sucker up.

Good luck to those of you still waiting. I know these companies are anxious to avoid broken street dates, but creating a situation whereby all of the deliveries are so last minute was bound to result in disappointment for some.

Asked on my local GAME's facebook about phase 2.. about 10 mins later they phoned me said call round.. So I sprinted round, handed the guy my preorder receipt, my loyalty card and the gift card with all my preorder money...

To be told sorry we are only selling bundles...

GAME trolling me hard...

Top Bottom