• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Storm360

I've been thinking of setting up a US account when my I get my console next Friday, as well as having an EU account with PS+ on it, one or two questions:

Can I access the US PSN store from Europe with a US account?
If so, and I bought a game, could I play it through my EU account or do I have to keep switching?
Again, contingent on question 1, if I bought a game through the US account would the PS+ cloud save work?

Just to be clear I'm only going to have one account with PS+, the EU account.

Not 100% sure on the PS4, but on PS3 you can do all that fine, play on your account, upload PS+ saves etc

Leg-End

Okay so downloading resogun and contrast etc...

One thing is abundantly clear... between my US account and UK account.... games on US =60$/£37

On UK store they range from £52 -£62 (mostly £60)

Dafuq?

VAT accounts for some of it, but yes we are again getting hosed on digital pricing.

Okay so downloading resogun and contrast etc...

One thing is abundantly clear... between my US account and UK account.... games on US =60$/£37

On UK store they range from £52 -£62 (mostly £60)

Dafuq?

Well you can account about £7/8 of the increase for Tax, another few quid due to exchange rates. And the rest is unknown.......

Vizzeh

Banned
I've been thinking of setting up a US account when my I get my console next Friday, as well as having an EU account with PS+ on it, one or two questions:

Can I access the US PSN store from Europe with a US account?
If so, and I bought a game, could I play it through my EU account or do I have to keep switching?
Again, contingent on question 1, if I bought a game through the US account would the PS+ cloud save work?

Just to be clear I'm only going to have one account with PS+, the EU account.

Yes you can access, most people create a different address (not strictly in sony terms and conditions)

And you cant access both content from both accounts, it asks for the license as its tied to the territory, so you will have to log in and out

Thanks. AC4 was out of stock so I snagged Knack for 27quid, I was only planning on getting it if the price dropped so getting it so soon is a nice surprise.

Fingers crossed they don't cancel the order.

Cheers, I've used it against Destiny Pre Order so only £34.99 - nothing to lose

Certinty

Yes you can access, most people create a different address (not strictly in sony terms and conditions)

And you cant access both content from both accounts, it asks for the license as its tied to the territory, so you will have to log in and out
Someone on Gaf was saying they were playing games from the US store on their Japanese account though on the PS4.

Jesus....

I went into GAME today to get Zelda and check on my PS4 order and they said they have no idea until Wednesday if they're gonna have enough consoles to fulfil the orders. Girl said they didn't get enough XBONES to match their promised amount and are unsure about PS4 until they have the stock in the building.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Someone on Gaf was saying they were playing games from the US store on their Japanese account though on the PS4.
You can.

Jesus....

I went into GAME today to get Zelda and check on my PS4 order and they said they have no idea until Wednesday if they're gonna have enough consoles to fulfil the orders. Girl said they didn't get enough XBONES to match their promised amount and are unsure about PS4 until they have the stock in the building.
Falling into their own stereotype.

Bandito

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned but here in Ireland Xtravision/HMV refused to sell anyone their pre ordered Xbox Ones last night unless they bought another game or accessory with it..

absolute scumbag tactics, those who refused got refunded and the system will be put up for sale to the general public tomorrow

So be careful anyone that has a PS4 pre ordered in Ireland with either

Audioboxer

Not sure if this has been mentioned but here in Ireland Xtravision/HMV refused to sell anyone their pre ordered Xbox Ones last night unless they bought another game or accessory with it..

absolute scumbag tactics, those who refused got refunded and the system will be put up for sale to the general public tomorrow

So be careful anyone that has a PS4 pre ordered in Ireland with either

Woah that's shitty. No laws against that?

Bandito

Neo Member

I'm not 100% on this but I think it's legal for them to do so unless the customer has paid the pre order off in full. Again though I'm not sure on that.

Lot of people contacting local radio stations trying to get it some publicity

Storm360

My Knack order received an email saying "We are processing your CURRYS order", does that mean it's went through and won't be cancelled?

danthefan

You'll be shocked to know both of those companies have been a whisker away from going out of business in the last 12 months. I won't be giving them any of my business anyway I doubt, not buying an XOne but that is shocking.

Pachimari

Payed off my PS4 today, feels good.

All of FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Ass Creed IV and Just Dance 2014 are on sale in Denmark now.

I might pick up Call of Duty soon.

danthefan

Not 100% sure on the PS4, but on PS3 you can do all that fine, play on your account, upload PS+ saves etc

Thanks guys, if I do have to switch accounts it isn't the end of the world.

With that Black Friday deal I might actually try pick up a US PS+ code anyway, $30 is a great deal.

Bandito

Neo Member
You'll be shocked to know both of those companies have been a whisker away from going out of business in the last 12 months. I won't be giving them any of my business anyway I doubt, not buying an XOne but that is shocking.

Yup, I used to buy all my games exclusively in HMV back i the good days when all new releases were €45. It's gone to the absolute dogs since Xtravision took them over

Pathetic

Audioboxer

What if the world ends on Thursday?

You-Died.jpg

Vizzeh

Banned

You can.

Falling into their own stereotype.
They are still locked out, you cannot buy on US and then play on UK, that I can see.
I Bought flower on my US account..... when I try and launch it on my UK account... this:

1012469_10152356109013362_1699415017_n.jpg

1463772_10152356110528362_691372046_n.jpg

US>UK account apps seem locked...INCLUDING NETFLIX

so Far

UK>US seem unlocked, altho im currently downloading now, only PsPLUS titles which could be default unlocked...

RaikuHebi

Banned
They are still locked out, you cannot buy on US and then play on UK, that I can see.
I Bought flower on my US account..... when I try and launch it on my UK account... this:

so Far

UK>US seem unlocked, altho im currently downloading now, only PsPLUS titles which could be default unlocked...
Only a PS4's master account's games can be played by all other accounts on that system. So you have to make the US account the master account.

so Far

Do you have a US or EU console? My friend bought BF4 and killzone from US psn store and both work on his eu account. He have a us ps4 tho.

Vizzeh

Banned
Only PS4's master account's games can be played by all other accounts on that system. So you have to make the US account the master account.

Maybe thats it, but it doesnt explain why Netflix still cant be played under those licensing things.

My UK Account = Master Account
US = Sub

Atleast Im nearly sure... must double check

Im curious if AMAZON.COM digital codes would work with a UK account. (not amazon.co.uk, no digital codes up yet)

RaikuHebi

Banned
Maybe thats it, but it doesnt explain why Netflix still cant be played under those licensing things.

My UK Account = Master Account
US = Sub

Atleast Im nearly sure... must double check

Im curious if AMAZON.COM digital codes would work with a UK account. (not amazon.co.uk, no digital codes up yet)
It's worth a try but I highly doubt it. AFAIK those codes are region specific aren't they? Would save hassle if they did work.

For me personally it's no big deal. I don't play online and I don't actively go for trophies, and even if I did I'd just make the US account my main one lol.

Vizzeh

Banned
It's worth a try but I highly doubt it. AFAIK those codes are region specific aren't they? Would save hassle if they did work.

For me personally it's no big deal. I don't play online and I don't actively go for trophies, and even if I did I'd just make the US account my main one lol.

Okay....so good news... I deactivated my UK account as my primary PS4

This made all my UK account stuff locked to my US Account.

I logged into US account, activated it as Primary PS4, logged into UK account and my US content is now unlocked, including flower yay!

I wish it was the PS4 hardware that was unlocked. I can basically use my US account as my buying account, and my UK one as the playing account :p

RaikuHebi

Banned

I logged into US account, activated it as Primary PS4, logged into UK account and my US content is now unlocked, including flower yay!

I wish it was the PS4 hardware that was unlocked. I can basically use my US account as my buying account, and my UK one as the playing account :p
Glad I could help :).

Also makes me glad to actually confirm how this all works lol.

Your setup is exactly how I'm going to roll as well :p. 1 week to go...

Vizzeh

Banned
Do you have a US or EU console? My friend bought BF4 and killzone from US psn store and both work on his eu account. He have a us ps4 tho.

I Have a US PS4 atm, getting a UK one next week (altho selling it on for non-profit)

Think the hardware is identical, so shouldnt be regional locked.

Found a work arround... your buying account needs to be activated as PS4 Master account (done through PS4 Menu) But it seems 1 way traffic

US Master account = Both US + UK accounts can play the games you buy on US

UK Account = Only content you buy on UK will play, US Locked

Altho you can deactivate and activate each account as it suits to switch authority if needed.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Another thing to note is how playing games on multiple PS4s works.

You give an account a primary PS4. The account will be able to play games without connecting to the internet from this PS4 and any account on that PS4 can play the games from the primary account.

Any secondary PS4s you play games from that account on will have to connect to the internet to play and only that account can play the games.

Only a maximum of two PS4s (one primary and one secondary) can play the game at the same time.

Primary Account and Master Account are not the same thing.

Kimppis

Is there a way to download Flower PS4 version (for free ofc) if you have the physical copy for the PS3? Download code or something. Because I have never played Flower and I'd like to get a physical version. Thanks.

EDIT: Physical version = Journey Collectors Edition.

Storm360

Is there a way to download Flower PS4 version (for free ofc) if you have the physical copy for the PS3? Download code or something. Because I have never played Flower and I'd like to get a physical version. Thanks.

EDIT: Physical version = Journey Collectors Edition.

Nope, only the digital upgrades.

Moozo

There's no way that Curry's order is going through now. HUKD posted it on their Facebook and apparently it works on anything on the site...

Bradach

If I make the US account my master account and buy a digital code from amazon.com. Then log into my EU account which has PS+, will I be able to play online?

In other words does PS+ on a sub account give the master account access to online gaming?

Jomjom

Banned
Curious as to if lots of people in the EU who were previously waiting for the PS4 got impatient and went with the Xbox instead. Anyone here do that?

Do you know if this affects Remote Play at all? Ie if the primary account is US, can you still remote play from the UK account?

Can you make the US and UK primary accounts at the same time?

Mask

I got CoD:Ghosts from currys using that £20 code. Unless it gets cancelled, I'm going to trade it in at GAME for the PS4 version on the 29th.

Anybody know if the straight trade to the PS4 version is only for people buying a console at Game?

Footos22

Well after telling myself id hold off, and my friends all getting their xbox ones today. (I don't play online with them as they basically use it as a fifa box). Fifa is shit. i can not play it for 2 years, play one of them who play it all the time and still win easily but thats another rant.
I couldnt contain my hype any longer so preordered.

Killzone pack, battlefield and Assasins creed 4.
Won't be here Friday but at least it's guaranteed before christmas.

Can't fricken wait.

Dunkers92

Jesus....

Where was this store? I'm curious because we had more than enough stock to cover preorders. In fact every store in the country had 8 free sell consoles for launch night/day.

Not only that but every store has received a much higher allocation of PS4 stock than originally planned, resulting in many "phase 2" customers being bumped up to launch day. She must have been mistaken. We do have a lot of Christmas staff at the moment

Anybody know if the straight trade to the PS4 version is only for people buying a console at Game?

The Ghosts trade in offer only works if you bought Ghosts from GAME before the 19th November

Well, I have absolutely nothing to play. I preordered Killzone off the same site but they haven't shipped it and won't until Monday. I also preordered Ghosts on another site but I have no idea when they'll ship that. The store is not available yet either :p. So I'm just fucking around right now.
If you have a GAME nearby, they're selling 3rd party PS4 games (at least my local GAME does) :)
So it seems possible for you to get your hands on BF4, NFS: Rivals, AC etc.

Cc23830

St Austell GAME in cornwall told me yesterday they had plenty of xboxes to go around as they thought they would have more demand. A few minutes later a lady preceded to walk in and buy one with Ryse. When I asked how the ps4 was going he just said " it's going to be insane man" luckily I've paid mine off :)

Top Bottom