• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

I've got mine coming altogether with the games, but mine is still sat at processing and has been like that all week hopefully mine is moved to completed soon.

Ark

Yeah, so......GAME

I rarely go in because it's a joke of a retailer aiming to sell overpriced shit to Aunts and Grans, but holy shit at their Xbox section compared to the PS4 section.

My local GAme has nearly the length of the store in Xbox One branded adverts and games , the PS4 has 1 small section which is actually on par with the Wii U and smaller than the Vita. The whole thing was bizarre.

Oh and fucking lol at them charging £59.99 for next gen games.

My local GAME store has half the store as an Xbox One/360 wall and the other half as a PS4/PS3 wall and with huge demo stations for both. Come to think of it, I don't actually remember there being a dedicated area for WiiU.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I checked on my pre-order at GAME and apparently I'm not even guaranteed a machine on launch.

I PRE-ORDERED IT SIX MONTHS AGO.

Fuck this piece of shit system.

boeso

Ohh this one is exciting.

NRa29Vz.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Anyone?

HT UK

So I have a 1TB HDD in my PS3 that I want to use on my PS4. Then I'll put the PS4's 500GB drive in my PS3.

Is my only option here to backup my PS3 HDD to another hard drive. Then once the 500GB drive is in my PS3, restore the backup?

RulkezX

My local GAME store has half the store as an Xbox One/360 wall and the other half as a PS4/PS3 wall and with huge demo stations for both. Come to think of it, I don't actually remember there being a dedicated area for WiiU.

Mine only has a 360 demo station :p

OT - The TV app announcement isn't coming until Tuesday according to the PS blog. Doesn't look like we are getting LoveFilm , though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
6 days left, I'm ready:

Keq9huQ.jpg

Tried to show my wife this in John Lewis today, but they only had the 42" on display. We have a 46" at home so was hoping the larger screen plus smaller bezel would have swayed her..

Also,nowhere the bugger is my FIFA amazon? You posted it on Thursday. Not good.

The_Lump

Banned
Got a plain old basic sku coming. No idea what games to get or why I'm buying it at launch, but I am! So far I have FIFA ordered....that's all. Hmmmm.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah, so......GAME

I rarely go in because it's a joke of a retailer aiming to sell overpriced shit to Aunts and Grans, but holy shit at their Xbox section compared to the PS4 section.

My local GAme has nearly the length of the store in Xbox One branded adverts and games , the PS4 has 1 small section which is actually on par with the Wii U and smaller than the Vita. The whole thing was bizarre.

Oh and fucking lol at them charging £59.99 for next gen games.
It was like that in 2007/8 too
Speaking of Game
I had to drill it into someones head that you can upgrade the PS4 HDD because GAME told him Sony don't allow it and it would void his PS4, but!
Game allows it with their £60 protection plan, and guess what he got.
I was gonna leave my house and go round and give him a slap because he kept sayin "but GAME said"

Ambitious

Uh-oh, my PS3 seems to be dying. Nice timing.
When I turn it on, the disk drive sounds kinda off. I think it sounds way deeper than usual, almost as if the drive wasn't rotating fast enough (which I doubt). Games are playing fine though, so I'm not sure.

Kinan

There are 2 people on Amazon.de who say that the Killzone bundles arrived on thursday. One of them says they are likely to be shipped on the 29th, the other one says they'll probably be waiting until they have enough stock to fullfil all orders until the 30th of september on the same day (as promised on the product page).
I hope they aren't trolling :(

almost lost hope for the 29th delivery of the bundle. :(

RaikuHebi

Banned
It was like that in 2007/8 too
Speaking of Game
I had to drill it into someones head that you can upgrade the PS4 HDD because GAME told him Sony don't allow it and it would void his PS4, but!
Game allows it with their £60 protection plan, and guess what he got.
I was gonna leave my house and go round and give him a slap because he kept sayin "but GAME said"

It's down right exploitation. Some people will say if there's a market they deserve it, but it's really, really taking advantage of people.

ssjali

Waiting just gets harder when you already have some software on your table...

ZgVYEfXcnH9CJBhFS0bhRXP7owx1KBI8OMUF_rAEPJWN=w863-h750-no

Already had CoD:Ghost, but sold it to some guy. I took the amazon germany offer, where you could get 3 games for the price of 2. Lost interesst in CoD since I'll be getting BF4 from a friend and one of both will be enough.

Knack will complete my order. IF(!) we get the Killzone-Bundle on launch here, I will get
that bundle. I think the PS4 Cam will be loved by my little kid and my nieces and nephew. ;)

I have a guaranteed "naked" PS4 preorder anyway. Amazon sent me a 20€ off coupon for some games too, where Lego Marvel seems to be the most tempting for me...

I always buy way too many games on a console launch.....

(first post, yay ; - ) ).

ssjali

Is this just for Germany?

Some countries like France, England, The Netherlands and Belgium (iirc) have it confirmed for the 29th. In germany nobody seems to know when it actually arrives. Sony, Amazon and Gamestop support are all more or less clueless. We just can hope.

It's kind messed up, because it was announced some time ago that Europe will get the bundle on the 29th and since germany is a part of this lovely continent, a lot of people canceled there "naked" PS4 (which was guaranteed to be there on the 29th) and ordered the KZ-bundle. Really sucks for them.

mekes

My ShopTo order is still processing but it is all payed up. Player Edition bundurus look nice, cant wait to get mine.

avaya

Getting an 1TB Samsung Evo SSD, what's the recommendation on installing it? Are there lots of updates to reinstall after u replace the old drive?

Brohan

I hope i can walk into a store and leave with a Ps4, i am starting to have serious doubts of there being even a chance to try.

The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova

**Rihanna voice**

AlexEfy

Banned
I was having a nightmare with shopto last night and this morning trying to pay for my preorder.

My card would just not get passed the 3D authentication, i think it was a bug in their site. I was about to give up and wait till monday so i could speak to someone, then i noticed the pay with paypal button. Panic over. Shopto need to sort that shit out though. They said to me last week if I didn't pay for my preorder by the weekend i might not have got the PS4 on friday.

scary times i feel like indiana jones reaching back and grabbing my hat before the sliding door slams shut

mekes

I hope i can walk into a store and leave with a Ps4, i am starting to have serious doubts of there being even a chance to try.

Hm, I would try a supermarket at midnight. If not, make sure you are in an area with lots of outlets first thing in the morning. I don't think it will be impossible to find one in store on the 29th, but you will have to be shrewd in your planning.

mekes

Shopto sold the Player Edition? I was never able to select that as an option...

First number of people to pre-order were contacted via email with a chance to switch to the player edition.

Edit - I've also seen some say that it helped if you had extras like Killzone, 2nd controller added to your original pre-order. I didn't have the camera added, but did have the other 2.

Hagi

So I checked on my pre-order at GAME and apparently I'm not even guaranteed a machine on launch.

I PRE-ORDERED IT SIX MONTHS AGO.

Fuck this piece of shit system.

GAME are not a reliable retailer. Shocking development. Least you didn't pre-order at Blockbuster lol

Loomba

Can I ask why you didn't pre-order? It doesn't cost anything and in most cases the person definitely wants a console....

SLV

Well, canceled my going to Germany afterall, today a shop popped up that has the Killzone bundle and they get it 02.12, so 3 days after launch is OK. I have to overpay .... "somewhat" but the piece of mind is worth it, as we dont have a real Sony retailer in Latvia. What if i went to Germany, stood in the line and wouldnt have got it afterall, not worth it. This way i get it ASAP, not somewhere mid december or even later.

Well, canceled my going to Germany afterall, today a shop popped up that has the Killzone bundle and they get it 02.12, so 3 days after launch is OK. I have to overpay .... "somewhat" but the piece of mind is worth it, as we dont have a real Sony retailer in Latvia. What if i went to Germany, stood in the line and wouldnt have got it afterall, not worth it. This way i get it ASAP, not somewhere mid december or even later.

Which one?

Geengrenzuh

Neo Member
I have a guaranteed "naked" PS4 preorder anyway. Amazon sent me a 20€ off coupon for some games too, where Lego Marvel seems to be the most tempting for me...

Got the same coupon, too bad the selection of games not really interesting. If it would contain nba2k14 instead of live 14 I would pre-order my 6th launch game in an instant...

Top Bottom