• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

cilonen

Anyone's Amazon UK PS4 order started processing yet?

Nope. I'm starting to get a little concerned as to what delivery service they'll use TBH, they've not been able to get me my copy of AC4 despite it shipping Thursday and it being 'guaranteed' for yesterday.

As an aside are most people going horizontal with their PS4 or are folks keen on the vertical orientation?

? That wont happen until next week.

Yeah I hope it goes through in good time to make sure it has shipped for launch. My delivery estimate is the 29th via expedited delivery which they have covered for free.

On the other hand I have a console bundle preordered at Game which I was planning to pay off this wednesday if Amazon haven't processed. The thing is Game screwed a friend of mine out of his Xbox preorder and I really don't know if they can be trusted…

Ark

Anyone's Amazon UK PS4 order started processing yet?

Amazon can't afford to be seen shipping units early, so they'll do their usual thing and ship it three days after it actually releases in time for Royal Mail to get delayed by snow and you'll receive it before New Years Day 2015.

Nope. I'm starting to get a little concerned as to what delivery service they'll use TBH, they've not been able to get me my copy of AC4 despite it shipping Thursday and it being 'guaranteed' for yesterday.

As an aside are most people going horizontal with their PS4 or are folks keen on the vertical orientation?

I considered going vertical, but after seeing reports that the PS4 is louder when vertical I decided to just stick to my tradition of keeping the console horizontal.

Fact is, Amazon UK have been getting worse and worse for me all year. It's really quite disheartening really, so I don't actually expect to get my PS4 on the 29th. The only possible up-side to that is that if I don't get it on the 29th I'll be sending Amazon sixteen dozen angry e-mails a day.

Yeah I hope it goes through in good time to make sure it has shipped for launch. My delivery estimate is the 29th via expedited delivery which they have covered for free.

On the other hand I have a console bundle preordered at Game which I was planning to pay off this wednesday if Amazon haven't processed. The thing is Game screwed a friend of mine out of his Xbox preorder and I really don't know if they can be trusted…

Amazon will process it on Wednesday at the earliest.

They told me (amazon uk) they'd ship my PS4 on Thursday (28th) Ordered it on May 28th so Im not worried about missing out. Just hope they use a good courier but I have DPD Yodel and City Link in my area.

Although I must admit I'll be glad when the stress of waiting is all over and done with, it's felt a long long time since the February reveal.

I wont mind Yodel either. Had a few deliverys all before 12pm with no problems this year. Only one im a little unsure of is Citylink as I've heard horror stories but it's all anicdotal evidence at the end of the day (as is my own)

Although I must admit I'll be glad when the stress of waiting is all over and done with, it's felt a long long time since the February reveal.

Me too. I'll feel so much better when I have the system under my set on launch day. It's been so long since that reveal back in February and the last week since the US launch has been crazy.

Hopefully everything goes well and on friday i'll be chilling with some Resogun and Killzone.

lefantome

Looks like PS4 is COMPLETELY sold out at Gamestop in Italy (biggest chain here)

9DjqwPg.jpg

http://www.gamestop.it/StoreLocator?productId=32586

Addnan

I wont mind Yodel either. Had a few deliverys all before 12pm with no problems this year. Only one im a little unsure of is Citylink as I've heard horror stories but it's all anicdotal evidence at the end of the day (as is my own)

Yeah, it's all dependent on where you live, how much off an arsehole your local guy is etc. Personally have not had any problems with any courier since moving to my new place. Except Hermes, because for whatever reason they don't seem to understand what next day delivery means. They think it means day after next!

DBT85

I'll take Yodel. My Yodel guy pretty much knows me now.
So he knows which nearby tree to leave your parcel in?

I'll be glad when mine arrives and I can stop worrying about it not arriving and start worrying about it not working lol.

Just wish an option was available for before 1pm delivery from Amazon.

On the flip side, if it's amazon logistics they were here at 11am the other day which would do nicely.

Wasp

I went to PC World on Friday to get Assassin's Creed IV but they weren't selling it. In fact they weren't selling any videogames whatsoever for any formats. They were selling consoles (including Xbox Ones) and accessories but no games, unless I was being blind.

So I went to Morrisons and it was almost as bad there too. Shelves full of Wii (1) and NDS games but no Xbox One or Wii U games, a couple 3DS games and a single copy of CoD Ghosts on PS4.

LAA

Anyone who ordered from ShopTo had a "Dispatch" e-mail for the Mega bundle yet?
I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end (It better be!), just a little concerned is all. I remember the mega bundle orders (Or at least my mega bundle order) took a little longer to start processing compared to the people who got the Solus PS4, so could be the case here too.

6 DAYS! (Nearly 5!)

Anyone who ordered from ShopTo had a "Dispatch" e-mail for the Mega bundle yet?
I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end (It better be!), just a little concerned is all. I remember the mega bundle orders (Or at least my mega bundle order) took a little longer to start processing compared to the people who got the Solus PS4, so could be the case here too.

6 DAYS! (Nearly 5!)

I wouldn't worry about it until thursday

Bergsy

Amazon PS4's will be sitting in the main warehouse until Thursday night, then they will be sent to local depots about 3am and then loaded onto vans ready for delivery Friday.

That was the case with the Xbone anyway, So I dont see it changing for the PS4.

Philly40

Ohh this one is exciting.

NRa29Vz.jpg

Hi Wotta,

is there any chance you can find out the dimensions of the Killzone bundle packaging -

I'm getting mines delivered to my workplace on Friday, the commute home is bad enough during rush hour at the best of times - will it fit in a normal sized holdall/backpack?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just made me think, why don't we have an accessory thread? ya know to keep track of all accessories available & from where.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Shopto just charged me. Ordered on Feb 21.
It's happening .GIF
I don't think when you ordered matters, just as long as you ordered before the cut off date.
I actually ordered 2 minutes after the PS4 was announced & the only thing I've had off Shopto is my order is processing, no tickets or anything
and then they tease me with my The Players Bundle lol

Tulerian

Amazon can't afford to be seen shipping units early, so they'll do their usual thing and ship it three days after it actually releases in time for Royal Mail to get delayed by snow and you'll receive it before New Years Day 2015.

I considered going vertical, but after seeing reports that the PS4 is louder when vertical I decided to just stick to my tradition of keeping the console horizontal.

Fact is, Amazon UK have been getting worse and worse for me all year. It's really quite disheartening really, so I don't actually expect to get my PS4 on the 29th. The only possible up-side to that is that if I don't get it on the 29th I'll be sending Amazon sixteen dozen angry e-mails a day.

Amazon will process it on Wednesday at the earliest.

Probably won't please many people, but the Amazon delivery problems for us started when the lvcr loopholes were closed in the Channel Islands. Not sure if related, or just circumstantial, but delivery times went from 1-2 days to 3-5 days, and sometimes even more.

Also seeing things arriving which were supposed to be 'sent from uk' with other postal stamps on, such as Germany and further afield. Not impressed.

Polymath

Neo Member
Any news on the download speeds? i mean it always bothered me that i couldn't even use 1/4th of my connection speed on my ps3 (cat6, ports open)

03sho

Currys has shipped one of my 2 orders and provided tracking code.

Used the code provided last night on some earphones.

Oh man, it feels good to not be the only one.
All my working mates think i´m Crazy, acting like a child before x-mas. (I´m 42)

Awesome. Im 34 and the person that will be the most releaved the PS4 is here next week is my Fianceé. She's sick of me going on about it all the time lol.

Robbok

Hahaha, my wife has already capitulated. She will never understand me, but she accepts i´m a nerd. She even goes out with her sister on Nov. 29 so i can play undisturbed with my new ps4. :D

The_Monk

Hahaha, my wife has already capitulated. She will never understand me, but she accepts i´m a nerd. She even goes out with her sister on Nov. 29 so i can play undisturbed with my new ps4. :D

That's actually nice fellow GAFfer. It's okay to not understand such passion but it's also important to respect what we love, I can relate with that. If she can respect your taste in your hobby that's all that matters in the end. :)

jiggles

Banned
Hmm. So, I'm on Amazon Prime, and I've ordered Assassin's Creed IV, with one-day delivery. It shipped on Thursday, to be here yesterday. It didn't come then. It didn't come today.

This does not bode well for Friday.

Robbok

That's actually nice fellow GAFfer. It's okay to not understand such passion but it's also important to respect what we love, I can relate with that. If she can respect your taste in your hobby that's all that matters in the end. :)

Yep, thats true. :)

Phew! Still says 29 Nov

If you select a branch on the website and call its number all calls get directed to a central system without a way to talk to the branch. Maybe the customers found out the number some other way?

Some of my local branches have their local number on their Facebook, Twitter, etc.

dc89

I don't think when you ordered matters, just as long as you ordered before the cut off date.
I actually ordered 2 minutes after the PS4 was announced & the only thing I've had off Shopto is my order is processing, no tickets or anything
and then they tease me with my The Players Bundle lol

Same here, I ordered as soon as it was up.

SJRB

Gold Member
Now I know what the yanks were on about 2 weeks ago.
With less than a week to go, time is slowing right down :-(

Time was slowing down 2 weeks ago, now it's just torture.

Especially browsing Twitch and seeing all those livestreams of people already playing PS4 games. Or GAF and there's another one of those fucking "hey US bros rate the PS4 games you've been playing lol!" or "with both consoles launched next gen has officially started" or some shit, I swear they are just trolling me at this point.

bryanee

THIS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK.

So last week went pretty fucking slow, thanks in part to the epic cold that I had. Here's hoping this week flies by.

Ein Bear

ShopTo just cancelled my pre-order.

Despite my paying it off over a month ago, they still tried to charge the full amount to my card for some reason. It's been rejected, obviously, and they've cancelled the whole thing.

I'm so unbelievably pissed off right now.

Despite my paying it off over a month ago, they still tried to charge the full amount to my card for some reason. It's been rejected, obviously, and they've cancelled the whole thing.

Wow. Sorry bro.

Make sure you hammer them for it. They also cancelled my friends order.

mekes

Give them a call or hit them up on twitter? Unless I've read that wrong you've said its already been payed. I'm sure they will sort things out if you give them a heads up.

Top Bottom