• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro Boost Test Video Compilation Thread

Anything about Uncharted Collection and other PS3 remasters? After seeing GOW3 Remaster getting corrupt textures, I don't know if we can have that option activated all the time.
Also what about The Order 1886?

TLZ

Banned
Anyone interested in having this beta fw 4.50, I still have the few burner accounts running, so PM me. Letting you guys know since the thread was closed.

SURGEdude

Don't worry, those corrupted textures in God of War 3 aren't caused by boost mode they are present in the normal ps4 too.

Still hoping they release a patch to fix it.

Wow. I mean it's minor but I'm still surprised it didn't get fixed. They didn't even seem like unique textures or anything.

Has anyone tested The Order?

Yep, I was playing The Order anyway and finished it after I updated my Pro.
Played the last 2-3 hours with the update. I didn't notice any frame drops anymore and given the first half of the game I am pretty sure the frame rate would have tanked at some points in the later levels, especially the one where you face a room full of bad guys, especially two shotgunners from two straircases leading up to the room.

Don't know for sure, though.

JP

I've seen a video for Bioshock Infinite and that appears to have really benefited from this kick up the ass but I'm wondering if there's been any feedback n the other two games yet? Infinite ran pretty badly in places but the first two fared better, they were largely a nice smooth 60fps but did drop a few frames and show tearing a little too often for my liking.

It only really dropped frames in the single digit range so I'm really hoping that these two now achieve 1080/60 and also manage to cure the tearing. I'd love to hear feedback if anybody here has some.

Yep, I was playing The Order anyway and finished it after I updated my Pro.
Played the last 2-3 hours with the update. I didn't notice any frame drops anymore and given the first half of the game I am pretty sure the frame rate would have tanked at some points in the later levels, especially the one where you face a room full of bad guys, especially two shotgunners from two straircases leading up to the room.

Don't know for sure, though.

I think people are remembering differently or just forgetting that The Order 1886 already had really solid 30fps performance (see Digital Foundry link below) so boost mode shouldn't make a big difference to The Order, although the very small dips it does have might be fixed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-the-order-1886-tech-analysis

Is the Dancer in DS3 on PS4 a locked 30fps? I know on PC and Xbox where I played the game, that's where the fps always drops when all the flames start. Maybe that would be a good comparison to do.

Ferr986

Is the Dancer in DS3 on PS4 a locked 30fps? I know on PC and Xbox where I played the game, that's where the fps always drops when all the flames start. Maybe that would be a good comparison to do.

Yes, it runs well.

Nameless King is the one I think is dodgy, and maybe Yhorn. I don't have any character that can face them right now though :/

Does people really see a difference here? I didn't notice anything (and it was me who recored the video lol).

I''ve been running a new character on DS3 and the only area I could say there's a difference is in the lake area with the giant crabs. Other than that it feels the same, it even have the same random stutters tied to specific areas the OG version had.

I don't really see a difference in most of the comparison videos posted, save for like JC3 which was laughable during explosions on non-boost mode. The games where its adding like 2-5 fps I'm not seeing a big difference but I'd probably have to play it to feel it.

The thing that bothers me is that the hardware is capable of so much more, but the 30fps locks neuter it. As a PC gamer it needles me inside haha.

I don't really see a difference in most of the comparison videos posted, save for like JC3 which was laughable during explosions on non-boost mode. The games where its adding like 2-5 fps I'm not seeing a big difference but I'd probably have to play it to feel it.

The thing that bothers me is that the hardware is capable of so much more, but the 30fps locks neuter it. As a PC gamer it needles me inside haha.

I think we need someone doing proper FPS checks because in videos its not so easy. Also if the game is locked to 30 and it drops to 27-28, then yes it may only be a few FPS, but it'll mean less juddering.

It really does depend on the game, how poor performance is and what part of the game that performance does indeed drop. So many variables. I don't think if everything was as expected that the overall boost would be 2-5 FPS. It would be a lot more, but there are other factors in play.

Really impressive performance improvements on some of those games listed. Obvious and significant fps boost on games like Just Cause 3, Until Dawn, Project Cars and almost night / day difference with The Evil Within.
This is seriously making me consider buying a ps4 pro this year, whereas before, I was more like 'well, if my standard ps4 ever starts acting up or when I get a 4K tv I may consider getting one'.
Now I am going to get one regardless of these caveats.

Wrellie

Neo Member
Anyone interested in having this beta fw 4.50, I still have the few burner accounts running, so PM me. Letting you guys know since the thread was closed.

I also just sent a PM. Thank you for letting us know. I tried to edit the google doc and was unable to.

Lichdom has shit performance before. You can even check DF's video to see it. Now it runs much better.

Lichdoom was patched a few weeks after Digital Foundry Reports.

https://youtu.be/QVnGix0BVWU

About Star Wars, 1 second slowdown from 60 to 58 fps in 6 minutes of gameplay is HARDLY noticeable.

Not to mention the same could occur on PS4 Pro boost mode or in some different cases it might fall on margin of error. That's what I'm trying to say here.

People saying "WOW ITS SO MUCH BETTER" like some people are saying for Destiny boost mode is laughable. Same goes for Star Wars, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, and many other games that reached a spectacular level of performance over lots of poorly executed games.

Don't try to diminish the original game state that required a lot of effort to achieve amazing levels of performance.

Padinn

Hello,
I have recorded a quick video with Project Cars and boost mode off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKM57vw8Xw0

Help you compare between my two videos, I have Temporal setting at 20 for this one. Same track and cars as appear at the end of my first video. One in daylight with 35 cars and clear weather, another at night with thunderstorms.

A random one I tested but wwe 2k16 runs fantastic with boost mode, I did a 6 way ladder match with six created people and the match loaded within 10 seconds and the game ran more fast than it ever did even in a one vs one with normal superstars. I assume that 2k17 would have similar results.

NXGamer

Does people really see a difference here? I didn't notice anything (and it was me who recored the video lol).

I''ve been running a new character on DS3 and the only area I could say there's a difference is in the lake area with the giant crabs. Other than that it feels the same, it even have the same random stutters tied to specific areas the OG version had.
I have covered quite a few titles now and once I have permission to share (if) then I am sure many will enjoy/shocked by some of the results...

Hello,
I have recorded a quick video with Project Cars and boost mode off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKM57vw8Xw0

Help you compare between my two videos, I have Temporal setting at 20 for this one. Same track and cars as appear at the end of my first video. One in daylight with 35 cars and clear weather, another at night with thunderstorms.

Damn, that's good. I stopped playing PCars because I couldn't stand the framerate anymore. This is amazing news, thanks for the videos.

I have covered quite a few titles now and once I have permission to share (if) then I am sure many will enjoy/shocked by some of the results...
Is there any way to speed this up? I'm dying to know the results. Hurry up Sony! Did you also test Doom?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I tried Mirrors Edge Catalyst, can't say I saw any difference, the game needs a Pro patch more then anything to fix the resolution and a fix for cutscene stutter.
God Eater Resurrection also no difference.

Top Bottom