• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

Never expected this to happen but downloaded on the weekend just to be safe... I feel pretty good about that right now.

Also, is like konami is trying to be hated right now.

Isn't this extremely fucking worrying for anyone looking to invest a digital only library. I didn't even know Sony allowed this shit.

PT is free, I don't think they'll remove it from server if it's paid content. people would be suing Sony and Konami if they did that.

Skux

Again, fuck Konami.

Glad I downloaded this. Now all I need to do is never ever format my hard drive and hope it doesn't fail...

I'm glad I re-downloaded it last week and I'm going to feel like a real piece of shit when I buy MGS5. I'll feel a lot better when it's the last time I have to support the carcass that is Konami.

Alfredo

Ha, man. Konami has always been pretty weird about their digital downloads, especially when it comes to Silent Hill.

I still don't think you can actually play the PS1 classic version of Silent Hill on a Vita unless you transfer it from a PS3. Then there was that thing where Silent Hill Origins and Shattered Memories were coming to Vita, but actually it was just downloadable for PSP, not Vita.

Downloading now in EU.

If people still want it, try using a UK account to get it before the store updates today. Might work.

Sucks that such a great interactive teaser will more or less be lost to time, not necessarily because of the pitfalls that come with digital releases (The initial experience everyone had the day P.T. dropped wouldn't have worked without a digital platform, after all), but moreso because Konami decided to be assholes.

Mixed reports. How true is this?

Is this US Only?

I'm in the US, it will not download from my download list... I even tried logging in from my Euro account, then downloading it, it's not even on my download list....

Euro/UK users that downloaded it from their native store can still download it, but probably only till tomorrow...

This game had so much potential. Konami is the worst.

Alright. My plan... Is to get super rich. Buy out Konami. Then fix everything theyve broken.
Bomberman 64 re release. Then a true sequel.
Can't forget classic bomberman tho...we need an awesome cross platform classic bomberman
Metal gear solid 1 remake. And an HD re release of 4.
Kojima is given the utmost respect.
SILENT HILLS
silent Hill anthology. Not some HD collection that only includes two games.
1,2,3,4,shattered whatever, that other one. Plus the movies and a sound track.
Bloody roar

Contra

Ugh

Darknight

Still got mine. I think this is when shareplay comes in handy.

Oh shit, gonna rent my game to people. BRB gonna make ebay listing. $10/10 min of gameplay. Hell YEA dont steal my idea guys!!!!!!! (Risky cuz they could delete game lol)

tripskylark

Neo Member
tumblr_inline_nnwoho4c9G1savhr1_540.png

it begins

AESplusF

Well remember Sony can expire a game. So Konami could very well ask them nicely to expire PT killing it for everyone. In fact I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen soon.

Oh true, someone better find a way to rip it from the PS4 before then or it will probably be gone permanently.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I will totally sell my PS4 for 1k. Can I delete the accounts from it and keep the game on there?

Drencrom

God fucking damnit Konami.

Fuck them. Fuck them hard and forever.

I hate to be that poor bastard who's the Konami social media/community guy who posts here occasionally. He's got one shitty ass job now.

He haven't bothered to post at all from what I've seen. Konami might have fired him at this point, wouldn't surprise me at least.

Ashfall

Banned
I'm a fairly uninterested in conversation lurker, but this motivated me to make a post telling Konami to suck my balls.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Someone on Twitter joked that the new Metal Gear game will delete PT as part of the install process. I can believe it. I'm sad I'll never get to experience it.

Grexeno

So not only is Konami going to completely leave the video game business, but they'll probably keep their IP's with them forever just to stick them on slot machines because fuck you.

Just imagine...

Literally any time someone deletes P.T., that is one copy completely gone from the world.

Think about that shit.

It is blowing my mind right now.

Mindblowing, indeed.

The only way now we can have more copies, it's if someone manages to dump the files and hack PS4s. Will it ever happen?

Top Bottom