• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to Steam and Retail on 9/14

Akronis

Well they also have called it "DX11-version" before, so it probably doesn't have DX12 renderer at all.
I think they also said there's no difference in image quality between DX11/12.

Very interested to see if AMD suffers from the lack of DX12 now. That'd be REALLY shitty of them.

Vic_Viper

Preordered on Amazon. So glad they decided to do this disc version. Hope more games start doing this again on PC. 68 gigs is soo big!

Preordered on Amazon. So glad they decided to do this disc version. Hope more games start doing this again on PC. 68 gigs is soo big!

It won't happen often. This really is a rare thing, for the most part. Also, having 5 DVDs is pretty hilarious. I understand not everyone has Blu-ray drives for PC, but yeah. I mean, the last CE I got for a PC game was Mass Effect 3. I would of liked Deus Ex Mankind Divided's CE for PC, but it was SE Store only and also, I got a better price through GMG.

LordRaptor

Remedy completely removed DX12 from Steam. Today they updated the store page, and removed DX12 mention, it was listed under Recommended SR. But...

[IMG.]http://i.imgur.com/RH7geMh.png[/IMG]

Not anymore.

Interesting... I wonder what changed.
There's AFAIK no limitations on DX12s use in regular applications, and they've obviously already written a DX12 renderer (in fact it seems QB was intended to be a DX12 showcase)

So, with Forza Horizon 3 coming out soon, I'm a bit worried about this whole Windows Store limited-time exclusivity thing. I would 10000% rather own a game on Steam than the Windows Store, even if it means missing out on the Cross-buy thing.

Did we know Quantum Break would also come to Steam eventually beforehand? Like, I had no interest in that at launch, but with a Steam release I'll definitely be getting it. But I'm very interested in getting Forza Horizon 3 at launch, and am going to be extremely disappointed if they announce a Steam version a couple months after launch.

Is there a particular reason Quantum Break is coming to Steam as well? Does Microsoft have less to do with its development than they do the Forza games? Or does Forza also have a chance at coming to Steam 5 months or so after it comes out on the Windows Store?

Remedy completely removed DX12 from Steam. Today they updated the store page, and removed DX12 mention, it was listed under Recommended SR. But...

RH7geMh.png

Not anymore.
Whoa, unexpected. Nothing lost though for us with Nvidia hardware.

So, with Forza Horizon 3 coming out soon, I'm a bit worried about this whole Windows Store limited-time exclusivity thing. I would 10000% rather own a game on Steam than the Windows Store, even if it means missing out on the Cross-buy thing.

Did we know Quantum Break would also come to Steam eventually beforehand? Like, I had no interest in that at launch, but with a Steam release I'll definitely be getting it. But I'm very interested in getting Forza Horizon 3 at launch, and am going to be extremely disappointed if they announce a Steam version a couple months after launch.

Is there a particular reason Quantum Break is coming to Steam as well? Does Microsoft have less to do with its development than they do the Forza games? Or does Forza also have a chance at coming to Steam 5 months or so after it comes out on the Windows Store?
QB coming to Steam has everything to do with how poorly it performed (both commercially and tenchically) on the Windows Store. It was not known that it would come to Steam until very recently.

Sales most likely. I'm sure the win10 version was cooked up quickly. Forza, Gears will benefit from crossplay MP with xbox one through the windows10 version. They would lose out on a lot of community with a steam version IMO.

I could see single player games like Recore eventually ending up on steam (especially if the game sells poorly)

Vuze

They explicitly denied that the game would come to Steam (see link posted above). One of the reasons I'm pissed -- I'd never have bought on the Win Store if I knew it would come to steam.

Lesson learned.

Parsnip

QB was uploaded to Steam a little over a month after the Xbox/Winstore version came out.

So Greenberg probably didn't straight up lie about it back then, but rather the plans changed when the game tanked. I have to imagine Remedy probably pushed for it too.

Now whether Forza Horizon comes to Steam... I wouldn't hold my breath on that but who the hell knows now. I suppose everything is possible.

QB was uploaded to Steam a little over a month after the Xbox/Winstore version came out.

So Greenberg probably didn't straight up lie about it back then, but rather the plans changed when the game tanked. I have to imagine Remedy probably pushed for it too.

Now whether Forza Horizon comes to Steam... I wouldn't hold my breath on that but who the hell knows now. I suppose everything is possible.

That's how I see it. They are trying to be in the PC market, but the W10 Store was doing them no favors and they realized it. If they wanted to stay in the PC market with these, Steam was/is the way to go.

NeoRaider

Maybe game actually sold well on Xbox One. I am 100% sure that it flopped on Windows 10, but maybe it did well on Xbox One?

No way Forza comes to Steam.

QB is Remedy and they "asked" for the game to be on Steam.

QB is a second-party game, as Remedy is not owned by MS. Forza on the other hand...

Nevyr

Banned
Of course he would say that, he's a MS mouthpiece. That doesn't automatically turn everything he says into a flatout lie.

Agreed, but majority of the shit he says end up being a lie. One of the worst spokes people for any company I have ever witnessed.

derFeef

Pushed back.
Our retail partner THQ Nordic, who are taking care of Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition, need more time for mastering and manufacturing. This means that both the Steam and retail editions have been moved to be released two weeks later on Thursday the 29th of September 2016. Apologies for the delay, hopefully this way everyone will get their hands on the special edition at the same time!

Steam AND Retail.

Just noticed this now... Fucking hell... Can't believe they pushed it back so close to the release date. Hope it was worth there push back.

I only noticed when the Amazon order didn't ship...

Bump again. It says it's coming out on the 29th but Amazon still has no idea or any info on when it will be shipped. Anyone thinking Amazon is going to screw this up?

EpicBox

System requirements on Steam:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 68 GB available space

Windows 10 requirement dropped?

tioslash

Bump again. It says it's coming out on the 29th but Amazon still has no idea or any info on when it will be shipped. Anyone thinking Amazon is going to screw this up?

I sure hope not. It is my first purchase on Amazon and it will already take a long time as it is since I´m in another country. lol I hope the shipping goes smoothly.

Bittercup

Just got the Timeless Collector's Edition. Unfortunately the game is still locked until the official release date so I can't play.

Really impressed with the art book though. It's a hard cover book and full with text between the artwork. And not just a few lines, some pages are completely filled just with text. Pretty interesting to read.
And the box looks nice, too and the the age requirements are on a separate sleeve so you have the box with just the artwork and title to put on the shelf.
I still have to look into the bonus bluray.

I already played the Windows Store version and love the game. Enough to double dip and get the boxed version. Especially for that price this is really a nice package.

So yeah... Amazon has yet to actually try to ship it (at least, the site hasn't updated). I'm waiting for Amazon to say that they don't have any...

NeoRaider

Like mentioned on other topics, the game doesn't support SLI. But even with one GTX 1080 and the right settings, you should be able to get an enjoyable experience out of the game. I recommend comparing visual differences between 'high' and 'ultra' options in different areas of the display settings page.

This... doesn't sound promising. Especially for us with not so powerful GPUs.

MaLDo

Javin98

Banned
Maybe game actually sold well on Xbox One. I am 100% sure that it flopped on Windows 10, but maybe it did well on Xbox One?
This post is a month old, but for your information, in the UK and if I'm not mistaken, the US, Quantum Break debuted worse than The Order and we all know that the latter is universally considered a flop. To make matters worse, Quantum Break had a much larger budget. And no, the game didn't have good legs.

Anyway, the Steam version sounds like it will just be as unoptimized as the Windows version. I know the game is extremely technically demanding, but I had hoped the Steam version would drop 4x MSAA with upscaling off. Doesn't seem like the case now.

nin1000

Banned
Any news when this is going to be unlocked ?

I am still hesitant on buying it since it's still unknown how the steam version will perform. I own a 1060 btw.

Javin98

Banned
Just before you ask for sources, NeoRaider here:
Official numbers are out.

Dark Souls 3 - 504,000
Quantum Break < 150,000 (including bundle)
Bravely Second < 100,000

By comparison, The Order launched at ~190K in its debut month. These numbers are from people who have access to NPD sales figures.

synce

Don't plan on buying this but I hope it does well enough for MS to realize Windows Store exclusivity means a ton of lost money

Bittercup

For context, about the 'even with one 1080' thing:
That was just an answer to a user with two 1080s complaining about the performance on their system with the Windows store version with 'maxed out' settings, stating that you don't really need two to play the game. That's where the 'even with one' comes from. Not a general statement about the game.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/474960/discussions/0/350542683206323664/?ctp=3#c350543319568303454

I wouldn't care too much about max settings in this game either. Not trying to defend this port (at least the Windows store version, which really did run poorly and was buggy at launch) and we don't know anything about the Steam release so far. But most settings make hardly any visible difference above medium.
Digital Foundry has some comparison pictures between medium and ultra at the end of this article http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc
If I remember correctly, reflections and light shafts had the biggest difference.
At least you don't need a 1080 to play the game. First time I played it with a 760.

Felensis

Banned
Huge Remedy fan here, ignored the UWP version because, well, y'all know. Retail arrives tomorrow, hope it will run fine on my RX 480 (i7 6700k, 16 GB RAM)

Top Bottom