• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubes7844

Banned
PS4 can already output a UHD resolution signal via play memories and they make UHD TVs with HDR functionality. they were truly shocked and blindsided by the S and 4K playback. Maybe wait for official specs yeah?

guessing some of these features may be unlocked with FW4.0 on this model. just a guess.
There's no secret sauce in 4.0. Sorry to break it to you.

Coxy100

Banned
Love the new look - although it's a shame they didn't keep the light on it just because it's the 'ps4 thing'.

But yep will be buying one of these to join the ps4 world :)

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
That's a huge bet. People like cheaper.

I don't know if Neo is coming out next year, then the door is open for the Xbox One S this holiday for 4K.

Then why isn't the XB1 dominating sales? =]

It looks cheap as fuck. It better be less expensive if it's real.

The texture of the plastic, the overall design doesn't look as aesthetically pleasant as the original PS4

Cheap looking materials, for one thing. I'm not a fan of the rough textured look. Also, the two layer's doesn't have the same symetrical look the original model has.

Guys, is the same plastic that's been used on the ps4. Heck even the slim ps3 used this material.

If you don't consider those systems cheap as well there's a logic problem here.

Guymelef

Also i'm not understanding all the hate for no optical out? HDMI is way better for audio and it cuts costs.

My setup is
41K5mIvAV2L.jpg

and
img-3d.jpg

Voror

What was that mention of the Neo being 3 bigger than this? Would that make it the same size as the OG or a bit bigger?

phanphare

Banned
Has anyone tried to explain what is so "ugly" about it?

people are still trying to convince themselves that the og ps4 looks nice when it's actually ugly as fuck

so now something that actually looks nice comes along and some people see it as ugly as fuck because they've reset their preferences according to the og ps4 which was actually ugly as fuck

it's science

Xenoflare

What was that mention of the Neo being 3 bigger than this? Would that make it the same size as the OG or a bit bigger?

The Chinese leak which was credited in this thread pages back mentioned the "Neo" is about the size of the OG but slightly thicker and is quite heavy

wapplew

I think it's 3cm thicker than OG but with this slim design.
If people think slim is ugly, then Neo won't be and better.

Wiped89

Can't believe there are people who think this looks good.

It's gone from a sleek, semi-shiny, cool slanted look to this Fisher Price toy appearance. Yuck.

DieH@rd

Banned

Chinese forum leak mentioned 3 new Playstation devices:

- a bit smaller PS4 with logo in the center
- 3cm thicker version of PS4
- a psp-like devcice

Actually less inclined to believe it is not real now... Considering I could download a copy of those audio/media codec format labels in PNG and print them as a temporary tattoo for my body and claim I'm a UHD blu ray player :p.

CqaKf51WgAAVTuG.jpg

It's real.

However the trademarks, patents and license agreements from Sony, Dolby and DTS are curiously absent from the new Slim console which are clear and a legal requirement on the OG PS4. Are Sony trying to pull a fast one through this "new" console... and strangely their own trademarks have disappeared too.

Asd202

Get a 1S in nov for XV, and a Neo in March. That's what I'm doing.

I really really don't recommend getting Xbox for XV it looks terrible on it. SE is putting much more effort into PS4 version because that's the one that will sell the most. So if you're getting S just to play XV don't.

The negativity in this thread is ridiculous. I really don't get why people are saying it's ugly. It looks exactly the same as the regular PS4 except now it has rounded edges and it's slightly thinner, making it look a bit less like an eraser. I bet it runs much quieter and cooler as well.

Kevin

Since I don't currently own a PS4 I was super excited to pick up a Neo this year. I hope this isn't indication that the Neo won't be coming out until sometime next year. Would be kind of weird to release a PS4 Slim, PS4 Neo and VR hardware in October all at the same time though I suppose it is possible.

JP

Actually less inclined to believe it is not real now... Considering I could download a copy of those audio/media codec format labels in PNG and print them as a temporary tattoo for my body and claim I'm a UHD blu ray player :p.

However the trademarks, patents and license agreements from Sony, Dolby and DTS are curiously absent from the new Slim console which are clear and a legal requirement on the OG PS4. Are Sony trying to pull a fast one through this "new" console... and strangely their own trademarks have disappeared too.
They are on the new one.

Voror

The Chinese leak which was credited in this thread pages back mentioned the "Neo" is about the size of the OG but slightly thicker and is quite heavy

I think it's 3cm thicker than OG but with this slim design.
If people think slim is ugly, then Neo won't be and better.

Ah gotcha. Thank you.

That would be impossible. 3x bigger than this would be XB1 OG level

I couldn't remember the exact unit of measure. Sorry about that.

Pop

Can't believe there are people who think this looks good.

It's gone from a sleek, semi-shiny, cool slanted look to this Fisher Price toy appearance. Yuck.

Looks like a device that plays games. That's what matters. Majority won't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom