• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fake. The eject button placement does not make sense. If you press eject, and don't move your finger quick enough, wouldn't your finger block the disc?

You didn't own a PS3 Slim, did you? The disc eject button is smack in the middle of the slot loading drive. They're no stranger to crappy button design on slim models.

Dominator

I believe its real, but my question is how did it get out there? Its in someones home plugged in? How did they get it?

Sorry if answered, the thread is gigantic.

Rockeeo

I think it's fake. The eject button placement does not make sense. If you press eject, and don't move your finger quick enough, wouldn't your finger block the disc?

Also, isn't the perspective off in the picture below? It does not seem like this version of the slim has the front slope that the other photos have (and the original PS4 has). This looks like it is the same shape as an older Apple TV.

S9JOxNeh.jpg

I take back what I said. I forgot about the PS3 Slim's eject button. I was also able to take a photo of a PS4 and make it seem like it might not have a slope.

SEZ3d7M.jpg

It bums me out that they made the power and eject button different sizes. Power/Eject russian roulette was a game within itself on the PS4.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Why does Sony not go for clean look?

Those wierd gap between top and bottom, so ugly. Am I the only one it annoys?

I thought in redesgin they will get rid of it.

Chaostar

Personally, real or not, I think this is beautiful. Reminds me of that Da Vinci quote about simplicity...

QS_9f06b116d89b439696d597307fd8bfb1.jpg

Got my eye on Neo so won't be buying this at the moment but it would would look so good in my media centre.

BeforeU

Personally, real or not, I think this is beautiful. Reminds me of that Da Vinci quote about simplicity...

QS_9f06b116d89b439696d597307fd8bfb1.jpg

Got my eye on Neo so won't be buying this at the moment but it would would look so good in my media centre.

anyone who thinks PS4 or this new slim design is simplistic is an idiot.

KORNdoggy

Why does Sony not go for clean look?

Those wierd gap between top and bottom, so ugly. Am I the only one it annoys?

I thought in redesgin they will get rid of it.

I honestly think the PS4 is the nicest looking console i've owned. This looks nice too. its certainly got more character than MS's approach this gen. Which seems to have been inspired by VHS Players.

DonMigs85

It's definitely more simple and minimalist compared to the PS2 with all its ridges, and the PS3 with all its curves. PS1 was probably the most minimalist though.

BeforeU

I honestly think the PS4 is the nicest looking console i've owned. This looks nice too. its certainly got more character than MS's approach this gen. Which seems to have been inspired by VHS Players.

Yup. But you do have to agree that Xbox One and S are both very simple and clean looking console. No weird gaps or shape just for sake of it to look different.

Is there any engineering reason behind the gap and eraser shape of PS4? It always looked to me like some kid designed it to make it look futuristic. It does look cool though, but gets boring pretty soon. And has no functional benefit.

Do you not understand what simplicity means?

I do, and that's exactly why I think PS4 design doesn't qualify in simplistic list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom