• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sadness (Wii) is dead, amateur devs who claimed they were making a sequel aren't #210

Ha! yeah right! sadly though, im not surprised they brought this vaporwear back out for another round a getting people excited for nothing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, based on some of the information about the developers given in this thread, I think it's safe to say that this will either never come out or be absolutely terrible.

fred

Could be legit but switching it to 2D will make it a completely different game, yet another platform game...and we have enough of those available already imo.

If this does eventually release, I now have little faith in it's quality. Plus with the install base of Wii U right now, I'm just not sure what they expect to achieve. Maybe they could pull it off... I dunno.

So to be clear, two no-name developers (at least one of whom identifies primarily as an IGN poster who made a "studio" with his brother) who are developing no-name games for Wii U that don't have any assets or release dates are teaming up to revive another no-name developer's no-name game that wasn't ever really made into a game, and are targeting a release that's quite possibly after the Wii U's lifespan as an exclusive because they have an emotional attachment to Nintendo... and they haven't actually gotten the project approved by Nintendo.

Yeah, this is embarrassing all around and it's especially embarrassing that NintendoLife's mandate actually tells them to cover anything, even stuff that's so patently nonsense.

Truth bombs right here.

Though I do remember with fondness and a slight hint of embarrassment all the bizarre manufactured hype for Sadness way back in the day. The premise sounded somewhat novel, and it was an exclusive when the Wii was in a severe drought and next to no legitimate 3rd party support. It was a non-game and yet I remember the collective community (including myself) hung onto it with a death grip.

If this releases (big if...) I think it may take Duke Nukem Forever's crown as craziest vapor ware that actually sees the light of day.

Well, maybe not take the crown, but put up a solid fight at 2nd place.

More like sad mess
Sadness6.JPG

EDIT: I remember being hyped for the game way back when the initial teaser came out, but I was under the impression that the game was gonna be a FMV game, never knew that was a just a concept trailer.

khaaan

Bahaha, I'll believe it once it's out. Looking back at that trailer though I'm surprised it was a game I was excited for. That Wii hype was unreal.

botty

Banned
Sadness always looked like Skyward Sword except all emo and dark. Why waste their efforts on something that has been done when they can innovate.

L~A

How much do you want to bet that this will never come out just like the Wii version?

What do you mean, Wii version is the best. Definitive version! #overusedjokes

I'm sure this will be a quality product that will one day exist.

Wait a minute... did you say Quality?..... Sadness to be the first game to use the Vitality Sensor reborn, part of the new QoL platform CONFIRMED.

ironcreed

Banned
You know nothing about the game, how do you already know you want to buy it? :O

Because I remember seeing it and thought it looked great for the melancholy atmosphere alone. It is something that I would be interested in seeing on the Wii U beings I own one now. Is that okay with you?

Who would be insane enough to bring up this farce again lol
(I even still remembered the studios name Nibris in no time after 8 years, that's sad.)

Piers

Oh my god, awesome! You mean the game we knew literally nothing about and had that corny fake-footage trailer??

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Either a continuation of a boring troll, or brats thinking they should announce a game before they can even make games.

And 2016? On the WiiU with an extremely shaky future?

Hopefully nobody falls for this trap when they announce a kickstarter.

Haunted

So to be clear, two no-name developers (at least one of whom identifies primarily as an IGN poster who made a "studio" with his brother) who are developing no-name games for Wii U that don't have any assets or release dates are teaming up to revive another no-name developer's no-name game that wasn't ever really made into a game, and are targeting a release that's quite possibly after the Wii U's lifespan as an exclusive because they have an emotional attachment to Nintendo... and they haven't actually gotten the project approved by Nintendo.

Yeah, this is embarrassing all around and it's especially embarrassing that NintendoLife's mandate actually tells them to cover anything, even stuff that's so patently nonsense.
Hey man, if you're only covering Nintendo stories, you're not exactly swamped with content. I'm guessing anything sounds good on a slow Monday, regardless of how embarrassing it is.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So a couple guys are making a game that's thematically similar to one that never existed, using that game's title, making a game that isn't even close in terms of gameplay, and plan on releasing it at some point in the future? OK

L~A

You know, I still can't quite believe they didn't even go and reveal some actual screenshots. I mean, they know the game's history as vaporware, so...

NintendoLife's credibility is going to take a big hit if this proves to be yet another hoax (most likely, I'm afraid).

tesla246

So, if true of course, 2 unheard of/new developers creating a game buying the sadness leftover artworks and game ideas,promising to include some of the original stuff, but aside from that building theire own game how they want it, just using the sadness name?

And using this hype/news/attention as a stepping stone for theire first title because everyone is under the assumption that this will be the long lost sadness game? Quite clever.

Top Bottom