• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Pa

Oh god. I was gonna complain since they said PSN wouldn't accept these until monday but my Vita version is downloading.

Hell yes.

SirKhalid

Yay! Also got my code.

I was checking Trueachievements who would have 100% the game already. In 3 hours, a WayFoward Tester did... not really fair way to be first one the leaderboard! At least, we know all the achievements are not glitch.

Wok

Yay! Also got my code.

I was checking Trueachievements who would have 100% the game already. In 3 hours, a WayFoward Tester did... not really fair way to be first one the leaderboard! At least, we know all the achievements are not glitch.

So Steam achievements are already working? Yay!

PaulloDEC

I got my code email just now, and it's... a US code for PS4? That's weird, I almost always pick Steam codes. And I'm in Australia.

Backerkit shows I completed the survey back in 2014, so not sure where my head was at then.

Anyone want to trade a US PS4 code for a Steam code? Failing that I might end up doing a little giveaway.

I got my code, but sadly it's for the US Vita version. I don't remember having the option to select region (I'm in the EU), so kinda sad about that.

VariantX

Shit, its downloading, been waiting sooo long for this. I'm guessing backers will get the blue costume in a code in a few days time.

PaulloDEC

Similarly I emailed to switch to Steam but still got PS4 it looks like. Maybe I'll just roll with it?

I would've done the same, but I doubt my US code is going to work here. Australia counts as EU as far as PSN is concerned, right?

Hard to believe I filled out the survey but goofed both the platform and the region.

Yay I got my code a couple of hours ago!!! I had no idea! PS4 NA! Just finished downloading!!!

Now to wait for the digital extras and the physical items.

Boogiepop

Man, I fell out of checking the updates right up until, of course, the one saying "platform selection is now closed". Tried contacting them immediately after that update, but they won't get back to me no matter what. Ugh, don't want to be stuck with a darn Steam code, especially when I'm not even sure my computer would run it properly.

Reaaaaally wish they would've sent out at least one differently titled update when that went live, instead of just "Update #78" or whatever it may have been. I mean, yeah, it's on me for not checking them all, but this sucks and is totally turning into a 1-2 punch of Kickstarter crap, considering the other game I backed was Mighty No 9 (which actually also had the problem of them never responding to my desire to switch out my code of the not-really-functioning WiiU version. Plus they never gave me the soundtrack and artbook I paid for. :/)

I explicitly searched my email to see if I was wrong and missed this or something, but no. If that existed, I never got it. So that's even more of an issue. Plus it's more bugging me now that they are not responding even after several days through several forms of communication.

And the game's been delayed to the point that it's three years past the Kickstarter with over 90 updates. After year 2 or so, I realized "hey, these are all minor updates showing bits of the game, and at this point I don't really need to see any more" so I went to skimming, and I didn't see that until, like I said, the "whoops, too late!" update.
Well, looks like some egg on my face, and I have to rescind my comments on this one. Figured out I could check things by making a backerkit account thing, and it turns out I'm set for a WiiU code. Guessing that the survey must have been quite some time ago for me to not remember it at all.

So yes, apologies for apparently being stupid/forgetful and complaining about something unnecessarily. (Sent a similar message to Wayforward, if only to counter my former messages for if they get to them, as I no longer have a problem).

Still, really glad as this solves a problem I thought I was kind of stuck on. Well, as long as this doesn't on some off chance end up like Mighty No 9, where the WiiU version was completely busted and frustrated me to no end. But I'm not really expecting Wayforward to screw up on that front.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Playing now. Grand has some fantastic animations.

Anyone know when the backer skins become available?

I would've done the same, but I doubt my US code is going to work here. Australia counts as EU as far as PSN is concerned, right?

Hard to believe I filled out the survey but goofed both the platform and the region.

True, but you can always make another account in the ps4 and okay it on your normal account. Much harder to get around if you did it for vita, but yeah.

EU ps4 codes still don't work and won't until the 12th according to latest email :(

PaulloDEC

True, but you can always make another account in the ps4 and okay it on your normal account. Much harder to get around if you did it for vita, but yeah.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that! I've emailed Wayforward support to see if they're aware of any issue, but that will be a great backup plan if I don't get anywhere.

Skeletos311

Backer update. Wii U gets the game last in retail and backer codes.

Howdy Backers!
Another update already? Yes there is! We've been getting new info every few hours, so we felt that it was time to reach out and get everyone caught up!

Codes, Codes, and More Codes!
Codes are coming in, and we've been sending them out to you as quickly as possible! Here is the status of all Backer Codes:
Xbox One (Global) have been sent to Backers!
Steam for Windows PC (Global) have been sent to Backers!
Sony PS4 North America have been sent to Backers!
Sony PsVita North America have been sent to Backers!
Sony PS4 and PsVita EU have been sent, and will activate on Dec 12!
Wii U codes (North America and EU) aren’t ready yet, but they’re coming! Stay tuned!

Digital Price!
The digital version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero will sell for $19.99 USD (prices in other territories vary slightly due to exchange rates). All digital versions will release on December 20th!

Retail Update:
The PS4 and PsVita retail versions, published by Xseed, will also release on December 20th. The retail Wii U version will arrive a week later on December 27th. Check out the Xseed website for more details!
http://www.xseedgames.com/games/shantae-half-genie-hero/
That's all for today! See you next update!

Whoa. Guess Wii U needs to wait a bit. I think I'll keep my physical copies sealed just cause.

Hopefully they get enough support to add more things like the Shovel Knight games.

cwistofu

Played a bit, really like it a lot so far.

My only complaint is that it's a little weird that the game seems to ask you to save at every loading screen. Kinda wish there was a way to disable that!

Opa-Pa

Been playing a bit on Vita and I'm enjoying it so far! Sound mix is pretty bad tho, and all those saving prompts are weird but easy to ignore.

However I'm not a fan of the game being a linear, stage by stage platformer :( it was probably already known but I've avoided a lot of info to not get too hyped... Oh well, the action is still great at least, and gorgeous!

Wow, it is...really hard to describe just how pretty this game is in motion.

Edit: "Are you a medusa? My mom always tells me to avert my eyes when you walk by" Ba ha ha ha ha

God, her idle animation is so adorable

Het_Nkik

Oh nice, my save file transferred

but I only played for an hour because I thought it wouldn't

Yeah, pretty sure they said it wouldn't but it has.

Are Steam Achievement working? I can see that there are 42 of them (or something, I closed Steam), but I can't see what they are. When I click on them it just brings me to a different page in my profile that has nothing to do with Shantae achievements.

jediyoshi

Enjoying it loads so far, getting the bad taste of MN9 out of me. Having to go through one of the bosses on half a heart reminding me I haven't played anything actually challenging in a while.

Definitely the most polished game I've kickstarted (out of MN9 and Broken Age).

Huh I picked it on steam? I don't remember doing that

The default was Steam if you didn't manually choose a platform.

mreddie

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero |OT| Dance With the DANGER!

IwwKjZL.gif

@MUWANdo

Banned
Been playing a bit on Vita and I'm enjoying it so far! Sound mix is pretty bad tho, and all those saving prompts are weird but easy to ignore.

However I'm not a fan of the game being a linear, stage by stage platformer :( it was probably already known but I've avoided a lot of info to not get too hyped... Oh well, the action is still great at least, and gorgeous!

It's broken into stages that you pick from a map but it's not exactly linear, you end up returning to those levels quite a lot.

Just preordered the physical copy from Amazon for my little one for Christmas. She loves watching the other shantaes on YouTube, so now she will get to play it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Got my code. I'm surprised to see it has good 4K support and antialiasing. Looking good!

Not quite native resolution on some stuff, but it's solid overall.

Lain

Got my Steam code, downloaded, installed and started playing. Game looks very pretty but the screen tearing is pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom