• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins gate 0 coming to the west

aravuus

I also saw the anime first but believe me, you want to play the game too, so much more details and dialog and you will understand the story even better .
And those characters ending are a must see .

Best 40ish hours I spent on the Vita in 2015

Heh, I sure hope so! Hope I'll have the time to finish it before ZE3 comes out.

Prelude.

Okay for someone who hasn't played the first game but *has* watched the anime to pick this up? I don't have a PS3 anymore, I do have a Vita, but I've always wanted to play visual novel on a proper PlayStation home console on a big TV.

Still a bit confused as to how it works re: prequel/sequel.

Steins;Gate 0 is an alternate universe sequel to Steins;Gate. You need to know what happens in S;G but the story already ended with that game. S;G0 just takes a different ending from S;G and keeps going.

You should play the first game anyway.

Read only if you played/watched S;G:
S;G0 starts with Okabe giving up on saving Kurisu.

blacksark

And apparently that's not all

zHMq85c.png

based PQube

Chaos child please

Prelude.

Is Psycho Pass bad? I don't kbow that much about it other than it's a VN game. Looks decent based on the pictures.
I don't know about the game, which is an original story, but the anime went from bad to trainwreck. And the game seems to be another nobody-written "thing" like the 2nd season of the anime.
Since it was an Xbone exclusive in Japan, only hardcore Xbox/Psycho-Pass fans played it, so I don't know how reliable their impressions can be.

Stuart444

Okay for someone who hasn't played the first game but *has* watched the anime to pick this up? I don't have a PS3 anymore, I do have a Vita, but I've always wanted to play visual novel on a proper PlayStation home console on a big TV.

Still a bit confused as to how it works re: prequel/sequel.

Read ONLY if you have watched the whole anime/finished the VN's true end:

from what I've gathered, it takes place on the world line that leads to Okabe sending himself a video message from the beta world line via Suzuha (the time traveller) which leads to the true end.

So it's a prequel to the true end in that sense but it's also a sequel to everything that takes place up until the split (the split being the beta line and the true end world line) so everything that took place until he gives up has happened and thus 0 is a sequel to those events while being a prequel to the true end.

I hope that makes sense.

zHMq85c.png

based PQube

Honestly, what the hell happened with PQube. At the start of Vita's life they were doing Blazblue European launch and maybe the odd Milestone racing game. Now they've gone full-in niche as hell publisher and I love it.

Keep 'em coming.

VGP will definitely get the game, probably exclusively for Canada like S;G and GalGun

Yup, but the only reason they did that was because people asked for them. Soo I'm asking for this early!

zHMq85c.png

based PQube

I'm glad that there is someone out there willing to take the chance on localizing console (Presumably) VNs. I should research what's out there so I have something to hope for lol.

Prelude.

Well I want them all.But haven't read good things from C;H and R;N whereas I have heard amazing praise for C;C
That's because they have a godawful and meh anime adaptations, respectively. Apparently C;H's VN is actually good. And, well, C;C is C;H's sequel, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to start from C;C.

T-Rex.

Banned
Is there usually any difference between the PS4/Vita versions of VNs? Would prefer to get the portable version unless it runs like ass or something.

blacksark

That's because they have a godawful and meh anime adaptations, respectively. Apparently C;H's VN is actually good. And, well, C;C is C;H's sequel, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to start from C;C.

Yep, as I said I want them all, however I expect s;g 0 to sell well but what about the others? But yeah it will be a dream come true if all those 5pb games were released in english, that seemed impossible not too long ago

BTA

I haven't seen the anime (but have played the game), but didn't they recently air new versions of the last few episodes to set up the anime version of 0? Anime-only people might want to at least watch those if they're jumping in here, I'm guessing?

I haven't seen the anime (but have played the game), but didn't they recently air new versions of the last few episodes to set up the anime version of 0? Anime-only people might want to at least watch those if they're jumping in here, I'm guessing?
No, the alternate episode is covered in Steins;Gate 0 itself.

Stuart444

They did an alternative version of the end of episode 23 (though it's not dubbed sadly - I liked the dub) called
episode 23-beta
which is basically the very start of steins;gate 0. Literally.

BTA

No, the alternate episode is covered in Steins;Gate 0 itself.

Oops, wish I knew that before I glanced at its description on Wikipedia wondering how they did it. Hopefully that's a minor/initial twist.

EDIT: Yeah, based on the official announcement's text I probably could've guessed what I read. So no big deal.

Kalor

It's nice to get official confirmation. I actually finished replaying the original last week since I last played it 3/4 years ago so this is good timing.

Hikami

Awesome. Been waiting on the first game to drop in price since I've already watched the anime before.. about time to pick it up now though.

Eumi

So does anyone actually know if it's any good? Cause it seems like a terrible cash in sequel, but I thought that about the movie and that thing was a great sequel/ second ending thing.

Honestly, what the hell happened with PQube. At the start of Vita's life they were doing Blazblue European launch and maybe the odd Milestone racing game. Now they've gone full-in niche as hell publisher and I love it.

Keep 'em coming.
It's weird, because in the intervening time, they pissed off ArcSys, jumped into bed with Marvelous, then saw Marvelous immediately jump into their own bed, shortly followed by Milestone beginning to self publish. A couple of years ago I thought they would be heading towards bankruptcy.

Then, over the last 12 months or so, they're back in bed with ArcSys, has a distribution deal with Marvelous and now is fully getting into localisation. It's quite the turn around.

BTA

So does anyone actually know if it's any good? Cause it seems like a terrible cash in sequel, but I thought that about the movie and that thing was a great sequel/ second ending thing.

I've heard some pretty great things about this. Some of the other sequels/spin-offs are apparently bad cash-ins, while this one is an actual sequel.

The movie was much more of a cash-in sequel. From what I hear.

Kuraudo

Banned
Didn't first print copies in Japan come with a remaster of the first one? Any chance of that happening with this release too?

OMG Aero

Anyone else can't decide immediately which version to get?

I want to play in bed, so probably the Vita. But then again, I could use Remote Play for that, and still keep access to the 1080p art and PS4 system features.
Same, I got the previous game on Vita so I want to stick with that so I can have the two boxes next to each other on my shelf but the PS4 version is tempting too.

Anyone else can't decide immediately which version to get?

I want to play in bed, so probably the Vita. But then again, I could use Remote Play for that, and still keep access to the 1080p art and PS4 system features.
I played Steins Gate on my PSTV so right there is my main reason for going with it on PS4.
Plus, I play everything on PS4 nowadays.
EDIT: I keep refreshing Amazon but it's still not up. Need to cop that preorder.

I have the first one, haven't played it yet. But seeing as this is the second one, I'll be grabbing this one as well. I'm always ready for more VNs!

PoshAlligatorRD

Neo Member

You might be thinking of the spin-offs, which are fun little side things.

0 is the real deal.

I really need to go back and play the first steins;gate.

Zero Escape is like my favorite series but I just couldn't get into steins;gate. Thought it started really slow, but I only got about 3 hours in. I'll stick with it next go around.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Brilliant news. I think VNs will redeem for what has been a lousy year of gaming for me.

Top Bottom