• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Persona7

Banned
I wonder if they are going to re-render the cinematics or not even bother. They are compressed as hell on he PS3 version and look terrible compared to in-game gameplay. (even though the cinematics could not possibly run in real time on the PS3 hardware)

Toshi_TNE

Neo Member
I love this game, and I'm sure it's gonna look mindblowing on the PS4, but paying full price for it again? I don't know about that.

You don't HAVE to buy it, you know.

I sold my PS3 before I had the chance to play it so:
QE8Ywnx.jpg

Prologue

If the rumor about a Uncharted set is true, I'm surprised this game is coming out before it. Then again, the one year anniversary is coming up.

dmr87

So targeting 60=unlocked?

Hope not.....actually idk anymore

That's how I take that statement, I hope they think about an option for locking at 30 (if the framerate is unlocked), like the good folks at Guerilla and Sucker Punch.

Tweeted Druckmann about it, worked with Sucker Punch so maybe Naughty Dog will follow in listening to their customers.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
PS4 version of TR was unlocked as well, but it didn't bother me. Ran like a dream for most of the time.
Yeah I felt in Tomb Raider it was worthwhile because the average was so high. But if a game jumps from ~30fps to ~60fps there should at least be an option to lock it.

Naughty Dog though, so hopefully it's gonna be a smooth 60.

thelastword

Banned
Well I guess I have no choice but to pre-order it when they announce the release date. I only had the chance to play it once before lightning did away with my PS3, still haven't bought a new PS3 yet... sooooooooooooooo...

anil

Neo Member
I can't believe that Turkish VP for Sony was correct...
Anyways as much as I support this port, especially for ps4 users switching from x360, I will most likely not buy this for my PS4, I have already enjoyed beautiful graphics on the ps3, the dlc and multiplayer was great. It'd be surprising for me to see the engine to run on 60fps, a game like this could easily be enjoyed at a stable 30fps..
Definitely worth 60$ for those that haven't played it yet.

hmmm... so people that rebuy games to play them at better visuals and graphics... is it kinda similar to how i replay favorites when i upgrade pc parts?

EL CUCO

If they're smart, they'll put together un upgrade from PS3 program similar to what AC4 had. It'll definitely prevent from getting a ton of PS3 copies traded in.

dolabla

Hell yeah! I bought it on PS3 (and beat it), but ended up trading it in. I was gonna re-buy it again, but I wanted to see if they were really gonna bring it to PS4 first. This is great. I loved the game.

Awwwww skeet skeet god damn, all over this.

Now just need GTAV next gen and I'm good for leaving last gen in the dust.

Hope this doesn't slow down any new game development. Still want my first party this fall.

S¡mon;107564219 said:
[im
  • $59.99
  • Release: Summer 2014
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Framerate: targeting 60 fps source
  • Higher resolution character models
  • Improved shadows and lighting
  • Several other gameplay improvements
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
  • Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign
Pre-order Bonuses
  • 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after you complete the single player campaign
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Digital PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses
  • All of the previous pre-order bonuses mentioned
  • Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions Mode

Pre-order at Amazon
Pre-order at PlayStation Store (digital)

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-remastered-coming-to-ps4-summer-2014/

Can you list "upgraded textures" as well? It's also one of the features of this release.

Proxy

Targeting ≠ Unlocked. The game is still in active development so of course they're going to use such language.

I'll buy this version, 60 FPS or no 60 FPS. I never got around to playing the original on the PS3. Looks like procrastinating has paid off.

Huggers

They'll surely do a collectors edition of this won't they? I'm not only happy to pay full price again I'm happy to pay more for that

Persona7

Banned
They are, and they would, or preferably run them in real-time.

I doubt they will try to get them running in real time. I think they will render a 1080p version though but I wonder how big the file size of the PS4 version is going to be and if they have to compress the cinematics again.

Top Bottom