• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Past

Damn, TLOU has the chance to be a juggernaut. Its like 6 million of ps3 alone for a new IP. The sales on ps4 should push it up to 9-10 million. TLOU 2 onfirmed!

No way it's going to sell as much as it sold on the PS3. The install base for PS4 is still rather small and not many people will be willing to double dip as you'd think.

reKon

Banned
Nothing, except when they are way over priced to take advantage of the consumer.

I'm going to buy the shit out of this and be happy that I'm getting the game with great DLC. I haven't played the Last of Us yet. I don't believe I'm being taken advantage because the game is going to be just over one 1 old and I know that I could easily wait and probably find a decent deal for this game from a retailer 1-2 months after release. Does all of this upset you?

I really love Joel in the cover, but does Ellie seem a bit off to anyone? She looks chubbier or younger or something

NxhsrMk.png

Her face looks... shorter
It's probably different time of day, and it's not even raining

Why don't they make sure its running at 60fps, then worry about all the graphical bells and whistles?

Developers have such a backward mentality.

How?

Add just a little more shadows? A little more light? You either have features or you don't. Then you optimize those features until you hit your target.

NotLiquid

TLoU came out, what, like a year ago? And now it's getting a mostly graphical upgrade going for full retail?

Sorry but I can't really support this. It's good for people who haven't experienced it yet but personally the added content just isn't worth the price of a double dip for me.

hawk2025

The word "targeting" makes me nervous. Please don't let it be "targeting" like Tomb Raider on the PS4. I'm ok with 60fps, with once in a while drops to 50+. Tomb Raider was semi regular drops to 50fps.

I'd say the opposite.

Tomb Raider and Infamous never claimed 60fps. Targeting is normal speak for something that's still in development, and likely is not actually running at 60fps yet. This news makes it more likely that it actually feels like a 60fps experience, and not a game where they had a bit of extra juice and left the framerate unlocked.

Alienous

TLoU came out, what, like a year ago? And now it's mostly a graphical upgrade going for full retail?

Sorry but I can't really support this. It's good for people who haven't experienced it yet but personally the added content just isn't worth the price of a double dip for me.

You don't like a thing and that's ok.

Enjoy playing ... uh ...?

Loudninja

TLoU came out, what, like a year ago? And now it's getting a mostly graphical upgrade going for full retail?

I am not sure what else to expect with a HD remaster honestly.

NotSaladin

Neo Member
I definitely intend on double dipping. The price is reasonable considering the amount of changes and the content bundled. I'm all for it

1080p with all the bells and whistles AND targeting 60fps! Naughty Dogs are up there with Valve in my opinion as joint best developers out there. Tech Gods.

Vire

I'd prefer if they just wouldn't release it until it's "locked 60 fps", take your time...

We only get one of these remaster chances once.

I want this and Bioshock: Infinite PS4 edition.

I would like to see a lot of games from last gen that had great PC versions get a PC-like remaster for the new consoles. Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, Castlevania Lords of Shadow... so many I would love to see get an upgrade.

it's too bad they don't seem to be considering an upgrade plan for previous owners. I like the game, but I'm not sure I $120+dlc like the game.

Russell

I've already played through the game 4 times, but native 1080p alone makes it well worth $60. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Evil Beaver

Like many others in this thread; I'm glad I held out on buying a PS3 just for this game. I'm hyped and absolutely cannot wait for this to come out.

I also see no problem with developers porting games to current-gen as long as they're done right. With improved textures, character models, lighting, and improved frame-rate..

No improved texture of environment models? Hrmm... not sure how much better this will look. What about AA improvements or water? Can't wait for the comparison videos.

Haunted

Expected.

I like the director's commentary, sad this isn't a feature we get in more releases right out of the gate.

DieH@rd

Banned
No improved texture of environment models? Hrmm... not sure how much better this will look. What about AA improvements or water? Can't wait for the comparison videos.

Go read OP. You will find list of enhancements there.

Also OP, in that Playstation Access they mentioned "increased draw distance". Add that to the mix.

Gbraga

Expected.

I like the director's commentary.

Really excited for that too!

I wish they'd give us details on the new difficulty, since it'll probably come with this version too, and hopefully unlocked from the go, since it won't read my PS3 save to know I have a survivor difficulty save.

Top Bottom