• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Vire

No improved texture of environment models? Hrmm... not sure how much better this will look. What about AA improvements or water? Can't wait for the comparison videos.

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvement

It says improved textures, so I imagine that extends to environmental textures.

I can't believe they didn't at least show one comparison screenshot in the blog post though.

dcx4610

A little annoyed at the double dip. Especially on top of buying the DLC.

A discount would be nice but I don't see it. Still, one of the best games of all time so I'm not too bothered. I'll buy it again.

I wonder how 60fps will affect the look of the game? I just wonder if it will take the cinematic feel away. I guess we'll see.

it's too bad they don't seem to be considering an upgrade plan for previous owners. I like the game, but I'm not sure I $120+dlc like the game.
Yeah, that's the only real issue I have with this.

If I hadn't ever played TLOU I would be ecstatic. Spending $60 on the best version of a great game is absolutely fine by me. But given that I've already beaten the story three times and played dozens of hours of MP, I don't know if I can bring myself to spend another $60 for upgraded visuals alone.

To those complaining about price, it still shows up as 59.99 for ps3 on Gamestop. That's not even including the 14.99 left behind dlc and the map packs....

The ps4 version has all of this included.

EL CUCO

zbrvhc.png
sukUAGW.jpg

Eric gets no love :(
**shakes fist at Neil**

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's a shitty trend and I will not support it.
But people are clearly buying into this so publishers will keep on doing it as long it's financially viable.
It's pretty much as easy as printing money.
It's no different then what EA has been doing with madden/fifa since the 90's, almost you can tell the difference with the hd ports

Dinosur

Not too mad about the full price. Looks like I can sell the PS3 Survival Edition for at least $80 on amazon so it'll be a free upgrade plus extra money.

NotLiquid

I am not sure what else to expect with a HD remaster honestly.

Well, I just can't really see myself spending another $60 on a game that already came out rather recently and doesn't seem to provide much new in ways of content. I'll probably consider it once it goes down in price.

It's not a slight against The Last of Us really. I ended up enjoying it quite a lot when all was said and done. It's just I already played most of the actual content being offered here. It'd be nice if there was some sort of loyalty or goodwill discount on offer.

injurai

Banned
Seeing as I still haven't played many of the great PS3 exclusives to come out last year, this could push me to adopt a PS4 earlier rather than later.

Sweep14

Yeah, that's the only real issue I have with this.

If I hadn't ever played TLOU I would be ecstatic. Spending $60 on the best version of a great game is absolutely fine by me. But given that I've already beaten the story three times and played dozens of hours of MP, I don't know if I can bring myself to spend another $60 for upgraded visuals alone.

Give them time ! Maybe they'll anounce a discount for those who own the PS3 version and/or PS+ members

When Kojima first announced MGSV for Next-Gen Consoles I believe he said he was "targeting" 60fps for that project as well and that ended up being a locked 60fps, at least for Ground Zeroes. Did Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition use the word "targeting" as well? I guess it's an ambiguous statement for now? But it wouldn't be too much trouble, right? The Last of Us is kind of linear and this at least confirms they aren't targeting a cinematic fps like people thought so I'd stay positive on them achieving it.

pre-ordered. even if it looked the same as ps3, i never played it because i sold my stuff for the ps4. sadly i did watch a twitch stream from beginning to end. but hey, living proof that see the entire game made me wanna buy it, so that's something?

Instro

Can you substantiate this claim?

The $60 price tag isn't enough? Note how this version wasn't revealed until now to maximize sales potential of the first release. I have no problem with people buying at that price but the question was asked why this might be a bad thing and that was my answer. Surely we shouldn't be lauding the developer for this. Hell Sony themselves offered more significant up-ports at better prices last gen.

So among AAA titles...

May: MLB The Show/Watch Dogs
June: Driveclub?
July: GTAV?
August: TLoU
September: Destiny
October: Arkham Knight/Ass Creed
November: The Order?

Not bad.

Evolve is Q3. Shadow of Mordor is October too. Dragon Age: Inquisition is Fall.

I will be double dipping for sure. My biggest gripes about the original was frame rate and aliasing. 1080p should help the aliasing. If they can reach 60fps with improved character models and shadowing...it will be gaming nirvana.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I love this game, and I'm sure it's gonna look mindblowing on the PS4, but paying full price for it again? I don't know about that.

i-Lo

So the question whether this will come prior to Uncharted 4 since it will provide a nice preview of what can be expected from ND with regards to story driven linear games (and no I don't mean it as a derogatory term).

Melchiah

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements.

The best game of last gen just got better. I'm glad I postponed the second playthrough for this.

Top Bottom