• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thirst is real: a Destiny TTK quest is exclusive to Red Bull (Until Jan 1, 2016)

FyreWulff

Wow, I feel sorry for Bungie, being tarnished by Activisions horrible campaign.

Although, I bet many people here purchase a redbull just for this.

For all of these promotions in the United States you never need to buy the product. You can just send in a self addressed envelope and get a free token.

mj-laughingfc7a.gif

All we need now is Bungie telling us our reactions are the only thing that's wrong, again. That'd be fucking perfect.

I'm really surprised at Bungie. They used to be one my favorite developers.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
AhupylO.jpg

Check this info snipet ( from reddit).
Bungie and Activision deserve all the hate for the way they treat their fanbase.

I love that this is suggesting Destiny fans are used to getting ripped off and that getting this Red Bull mission is actually a better deal than the other over-priced DLC. Thats what its saying, right there, just in 'polite marketing language'. Its amazing.

stephen08

I really hope this backlash stops this kind of stuff with Destiny. At first it wasn't so bad.

PlayStation timed exclusive content? Ok.
Some green weapons for pre-order bonus? Ok.
A green Sparrow you can buy for pre-ordering at Gamestop? Ok.
Collector's edition goods like a ghost shell and I don't even remember what else? Ok.
A shader for pre-ordering Advanced Warfare? Ok.
A shader and emblem as a donation incentive for Nepal relief? Ok. That's kind of cool even.

Now though,

Exclusive quest for Red Bull?
Exclusive emotes for TTK CE orders?

This is where I think it has gone too far. We are only one step away from CE exclusive exotics, and pre-order missions now.

I love the game and will happily buy the $40 upgrade version but all this extra shit is a very bad look for a game that launched with some bad publicity that Bungie has spent the last year working to fix. I really hope they do something drastic to fix this.

Griss

I love that this is suggesting Destiny fans are used to getting ripped off and that getting this Red Bull mission is actually a better deal than the other over-priced DLC. Thats what its saying, right there, just in 'polite marketing language'. Its amazing.

Thank you for pointing that out, i missed that. Didn't think it could be right; genuinely laughed my ass off when that's exactly what it says.

I don't see the problem. It's basically DLC but instead of paying the $2 on PSN you by a can of Red Bull. Not a big deal.

It's the repeated nature of offenses.

The game is grindy and requires a great deal of time and "dice rolling."
The game lacks content.
The game charges a premium for lackluster DLC.
The makers of the game are disrespectful to their fans.
They lock premium content for newcomers only (unless you want to repurchase the entire game).
Now I also have to go out and purchase a redbull to experience the full game.

It just gets old. I don't want to keep up with what I'm missing and having to be a constant cash machine for Bungie.

Even moreso I tend to shield my life as much as possible from marketing and this kind of lifestyle of "buy buy buy." I don't like my games making me feel like there's always more I should buy, especially when it starts infiltrating into product placement.

Duxxy3

If the game had a lot of content I don't think anybody would care. That's not the case though, Destiny is content starved. Almost... thirsty you could say.

Another in a long line of disgusting practices.

Number 1: Perfect thread title.

Number 2: This is just blatant cash grabbing at it's finest (worst?). I can't wait until the next COD requires a biometric scanner on your controller to detect Cheetos dust or you won't gain exp.

jelly

Bungie like money, who would have thought. The main staff are probably hoping to reap great cuts of profits for retirement and new adventures which is fair enough. Not a consumer friendly way to go about it but there isn't any push back so Bungie and Activision will keep turning the screw.

jem0208

Making people wait to play actual game content for a promotion is annoying. But at least at the bare minimum it goes to everyone in a time after. Versus before which was "never".

Sgt. Johnson is STILL locked away for everyone in ODST. Since 2009.
That sucks too, both are far worse than XP boosts though.

That said, Johnson was a model and voice pack. This is an exclusive quest.

Naythan

I only put about 12 hours into Destiny before completely giving up on it and even I feel ashamed that I ever associated myself with the game.

Vire

I'm going to laugh even harder when we find out it's the same as another mission we've already played, just in reverse.

Magwik

Banned
I'm done with this game. Uninstalling it.

Anyone who continues to play this...shame on you.
Oh cool now we are shaming people for enjoying a video game
Not everyone sits around drinking that piss water all day...

Why should I waste my money on a stupid energy drink to get content that should be included in the damn game?
You're not forced to buy it

Top Bottom