• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Direct - 2013.8.9 - 07:00 PDT / 16:00 CEST / 23:00 JST

HAHAH!! Remember when all the idiots poopooed this game when it was first unveiled? Eat shit haters!

That trailer was mind blowing. Can't wait for a 60fps version.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
NSMBU, ZombiU, Lego City, Monster Hunter 3U, Pikmin 3, W101, Wind Waker, Sonic Lost World, DKC, Mario 3D World. There is no excuse for not owning a Wii U by the end of this year.

This is the only one I want to play. After X comes out I'll probably grab one.

L Thammy

I tried F5ing Platinumgames Twitter, PG_JP Twitter, the Platinum Games blog, and Smashbros.com. I don't have time to wait for the secret anymore..

zroid

Banned
lol, watching the Japanese cut of the trailer

"oppai"

both voice casts seem really good. Might have to play the game at least twice to experience it both ways.

stuminus3

Banned
The problem is the lack of people that own a Wiiu. At least with game's like demon's souls there was a huge base to gain word of mouth.

They didn't even market the Wii U though...
No excuses! Get with the buzz generating! There's a guy sitting not 6 feet away from me who owns a Wii U that had no idea W101 even existed! Someone has to have bought those 2 million copies of NSMBU, it wasn't just me! Henshin a go-go, baby!

!!!

#Wonderful101

Axass

People still pooped on the game two minutes before the Direct, actually people're still crapping all over it.

Don't worry. People are stupid. It was clear this game was gonna be a fine one ever since the first reveal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Would people stop this?
Why should they? They are expressing their opinions.

Most buys a system for atleast one game and everything else is just icing. Don't you think if you buy the system and the game then we could get more games like this?
I'd love to hear where you got your statistics from. I doubt most people will buy a console that only has one game they want to play. And I don't know if buying the system will bring more games like this to it. I'd rather wait till they arrive before buying said console, instead of blindly believing that will happen someday.
Don't you think if we buy the Wii U and this game Nintendo will finally see what gamers want and give us more?
No idea, and I'm not going to take chances.

A console is just a vehicle for the games. A console is also an investment for more of those games.
Yes, so? It's also an investment for games you're not interested in, with no guarantee that the ones you want will come.

At least buy the game if you are not buying the console.
Haha, are you serious?

If you do not have the funds then fine but stop saying you will buy the console for one game. There are many games on the console already and more to come.
And when those games come is when I'll consider buying the console. Spending over $300 for a console that only has one game you're interested in doesn't sound appealing at all.

By the way, I'm not saying I'm not interested in any current Wii U game. I just want you to realize that you're wrong with that way of thinking.
In bold is my response.

Wow, I am loving what I am seeing. Aside from a few minor bugs, the Wii U is really getting its act together. I will be buying this and Pikmin really soon. Now just bring out the Zombiu 2 game and some zelda. I would really like to see the new 3DS zelda game on the wii u as well.

RMI

Banned
Kind of salty about NA getting the shaft for no apparent reason, but this game looks great so bought day 1 regardless.

In a perfect world this would be the kind of quality that would be rewarded with Skyrim level sales. Entire GDC panels would be dedicated to talking about how Kamiya always manages to pull off the most amazing shit every single game he directs.

This is everything a videogame should be in my opinion. Other devs better step it up!

RE2, DMC, VJ, Okami....yup. Best ND ever. When will the Iwata Asks be posted?

wow.

So each of the 100 heroes can be leveled up individually that benefits the overall group.

You can chose from one of the 100 heroes to lead the group to level that individual character up.

So the experience stats we saw on the bottom right corner of the screen when they showed the heroes info is actually legit.

This is from the gamespot impression video.

Sooo good.

zroid

Banned
Hope Rich is right about the demo being today or tomorrow. I'll be out of town in two weeks! I can't wait THREE WEEKS D:

stuminus3

Banned
Wow, I am loving what I am seeing. Aside from a few minor bugs, the Wii U is really getting its act together. I will be buying this and Pikmin really soon. Now just bring out the Zombiu 2 game and some zelda. I would really like to see the new 3DS zelda game on the wii u as well.
Never gonna happen. That Ubisoft don't even have enough confidence in the original game to port it to 360/PS3/PC speaks volumes. Rayman Legends looks like the real deal, though. Also out in September. :-/

I think I've said this before, but The Wonderful 101 is everything I imagined video games would be in the future when I was playing Genesis/SNES games 20 years ago.

I NEED THIS

Games like these are why Japanese devs need to stay relevant. We would never get anything like this from a Western dev. Cannot wait to play this.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
wow.

So each of the 100 heroes can be leveled up individually that benefits the overall group.

You can chose from one of the 100 heroes to lead the group to level that individual character up.

So the experience stats we saw on the bottom right corner of the screen when they showed the heroes info is actually legit.

This is from the gamespot impression video.

Sooo good.

That's a lot.

Air

Banned
I really like that you can split up your team as you're playing the missions. It's such an obvious idea.

Game looks incredibly fun and polished. I've already purchased a high-end laptop and 3DS this year, so I'm wary about buying another system, but the Wii U certainly seems to be gathering steam. Maybe I can split the cost of one with my roommate for all of these great multiplayer games.

Top Bottom