• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall|2 @ twitch con

It was my call.

Builds for press events take weeks to put together. This is the same build we put together for Gamescom, which was branched from the Tech Test itself. After we finished Tech Test build and this build I looked at our development schedule and decided we didn't have the time to ship the game and make additional one-off press event builds. I told PR/marketing depts that this is the build they need to use for any events they want us to show at. We also took it to EGX and TGS over the last couple weeks and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up again before release. Pretty standard issue, unfortunately. As a game is finishing dev tons of marketing/press opportunities come up with no dev time to give to support. C'est la vie! I can barely watch this build, so many old bugs and issues :p

Thanks for the honesty! :)

SwolBro

Banned
You getting TF2 for pc or xbone?
Xbone. I'd love to play this on 144hz but i'm not ready to build a PC from scratch right now.

Yeah, just gotta stick to this side of the tracks from now on.

Can confirm. It is a nightmare to do it without an elite. On default layout you have to do it with A+B / X + Circle, I mean who the hell plays like that. Even on bumper jumper it is LB+B / L1 + circle, far from optimal.
Ok, yes without an elite or other scuf type controller i can see it being a real pain.

With the elite it is completely effortless. Would i rather the bunnyhop back? Yes, yes i would but i'm ok with this.

If slide hopping was unintentional then they should make normal bunny hopping just as good

It's definitely intentional. I saw devs do it during frothyomens, and other peoples videos of the PC event from last week.

Tokubetsu

Tons of alternator using. I'm worried about this. It seems too OP. Sure, you have to have your movement down but there's practically no counter to it. It kills you too fast.

Yeah I was favoring it in the tech test over the car by a lot. By it's look I figured it'd be one of those best at very close range with super fire rate type guns but I was doing great with it at every range but far.

Def. unlocking that first if it's unchanged on release.

Who's gonna do the OT?

SwolBro

Banned
Haha, I kinda hope it makes its way in too. At least for a day or so.

I know for a fact it's in and i think it's great. The ogre suffered from being so slow it was too easy to rodeo and pester it as a pilot. This essentially eliminates so many of those problems.

Gator86

Probably because the changes they made for the core game just make it feel like the first game was the better game.

I for one absolutely hate that Titans are like Hero characters now instead of being able to customize them to your liking based on different Titan archetypes.

Also hate the new battery system for Titan shields.

Agree with all of this. It seems like everything Respawn said prior to the beta, and the beta itself, were the opposite of what people who liked the game wanted. It's not surprising people checked out. If it wasn't so close to launch, I'd hope they release some type of additional playable demo/beta. BF1's beta probably grabbed the cash I was holding onto for TF2.

Izuna

Banned
I know for a fact it's in and i think it's great. The ogre suffered from being so slow it was too easy to rodeo and pester it as a pilot. This essentially eliminates so many of those problems.

How can you know for a fact it's in?

It's also OP as fuck lol

SwolBro

Banned
Agree with all of this. It seems like everything Respawn said prior to the beta, and the beta itself, were the opposite of what people who liked the game wanted. It's not surprising people checked out. If it wasn't so close to launch, I'd hope they release some type of additional playable demo/beta. BF1's beta probably grabbed the cash I was holding onto for TF2.

You had only 3 titans in the original and the meta pretty much dictated what you were going to pair with each titan. Sure, you could be a rebel and go against the meta but then you'd most likely lose.

In LTS (with people that know what they're doing) it usually went

• Atlas+40/arc
  • Ogre+triple threat
  • Stryder+plasma railgun

In CTF and Attrition the metas were locked in

• Atlas+40/Arc/chaingun
  • Stryder+40/arc

And the ogre was rarely used but when it was it was also mainly paired with triple threat in pub matches. Competitive CTF rarely saw anything other than atlas+40/arc and an occasional chain gun.

The only issue i still have with Titanfall 2 prior to launch is the lack of shields when the titan drops. According to people that played LTS and CTF during the PC event they no longer saw it as a problem and actually started thinking it was better. We'll see.

How can you know for a fact it's in?

It's also OP as fuck lol

I don't think it's OP, i think it will make scorch viable. According to people that played the PC event without that ability he would be significantly worse compared to other titans.

Izuna

Banned
I don't think it's OP, i think it will make scorch viable. According to people that played the PC event without that ability he would be significantly worse compared to other titans.

It literally makes him impossible to Rodeo...

dankir

Don't forget that your health bar doesn't go down in doom state automatically like it did TF1. At least from what I've seen.

So in TF1 Titan's had 3 health bars basically
Shield, Health Bar, Doom state.

TF2 you have 2 health bars
Main Health + Doom State.

And you can replenish your shields with the batteries. I think it's going to make LTS really interesting moving forward.

SwolBro

Banned
Don't forget that your health bar doesn't go down in doom state automatically like it did TF1. At least from what I've seen.

So in TF1 Titan's had 3 health bars basically
Shield, Health Bar, Doom state.

TF2 you have 2 health bars
Main Health + Doom State.

And you can replenish your shields with the batteries. I think it's going to make LTS really interesting moving forward.

I hope so. It's the only thing i'm still really iffy about. As for the Titan's being heros... at first i said WTF NOOOO but then i sat back and thought "uh, why am i mad about this? I only ever use an atlas with a 40 lol"

Titans being heros is a perfectly ok change.

HelloMeow

I hope so. It's the only thing i'm still really iffy about. As for the Titan's being heros... at first i said WTF NOOOO but then i sat back and thought "uh, why am i mad about this? I only ever use an atlas with a 40 lol"

Titans being heros is a perfectly ok change.

I like that the titans have unique abilities and such, but I don't like them having just one weapon. Like, these robots have hands, but they can only use one weapon? And where is the chaingun?

It would be great if each titan could use a number of weapons, with some weapons being available to more than one titan. That would make sense in my eyes.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I like that the titans have unique abilities and such, but I don't like them having just one weapon. Like, these robots have hands, but they can only use one weapon? And where is the chaingun?

It would be great if each titan could use a number of weapons, with some weapons being available to more than one titan. That would make sense in my eyes.

Probably the same reason they locked core charges in the first game, to prevent or limit the possibility of certain load outs becoming OP. My best guess is that it is for balancing reasons.

SwolBro

Banned

I think the chaingun will come later with BT and you do have Legion in there.

I think they locked the Titans into heros because they'll be able to balance it better and have the ability to introduce new titan classes. I'm confident they'll do this because umm where's the arc cannon? they wouldn't just leave out the arc cannon like that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think they locked the Titans into heros because they'll be able to balance it better and have the ability to introduce new titan classes. I'm confident they'll do this because umm where's the arc cannon? they wouldn't just leave out the arc cannon like that.
Yeah chain gun is probably coming. The SP footage showed BT with that as one of his loadouts

HelloMeow

Probably the same reason they locked core charges in the first game, to prevent or limit the possibility of certain load outs becoming OP. My best guess is that it is for balancing reasons.

That wouldn't be an issue if each titan could only use certain weapons. In Hawken, for example, each mech could only use 2-3 different primary weapons.

Yes and what about the quad rocket?

I'd prefer some weapon customization. Like, what if both Legion and Ion could use the chaingun? And Scorch and Ronin the quad rocket? I'd really like that variety.

SwolBro

Banned
Looks like someone is making it
Get on that dude, lets get this party started.

Yes and what about the quad rocket?

I'd prefer some weapon customization. Like, what if both Legion and Ion could use the chaingun? And Scorch and Ronin the quad rocket? I'd really like that variety.

If Titans are heroes now i'm sure we'll get another 2 or 3 of them released within a year. I fully expect to see the arc cannon back and possibly even the quad rockets.

After this LTS tournament that was held this weekend.. when i think about it it's completely obvious what Respawn did here. They took all the data, they looked at the hardcore community and the meta, and put together the combination of titans and primaries that people were using the most.

Initially i wanted the option to customize, but if the Titans are really balanced then i think what they did will turn out better overall. This will also help with the general population not being complete and utter shit. Ya know?

Titanfall took a long time to figure out what worked, what was useful, what was OP. The arc cannon+capacitor wasn't abused until months into the games release. The most OP gun in the game sat dormant for so damn long lol.

hiphopcr

giphy.gif

Izuna

Banned
Pre-ordering rn, since I got an S

Prepare for Titanfall

fuck me are games too expensive, this is all I'm getting until the new year

edit:.... £55 for digital? you're kidding me, right? not too sure about this now =(

I'm amazed at how quiet the titanfall threads are... like, I didn't even see anyone make one for the single player stuff from last night other than the thread relating it to COD "respect".
I think many of us are cautiously optimistic. Where we won't allow ourselves to get hyped too much, nor preorder, etc.

I'm scared the game was sent to die. Between Battlefield 1, Shadow Warrior 2, COD beta, Overwatch Halloween update I am just not sure if TF2 has a chance to grow a long lasting community:(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm scared the game was sent to die. Between Battlefield 1, Shadow Warrior 2, COD beta, Overwatch Halloween update I am just not sure if TF2 has a chance to grow a long lasting community:(

It's a rough release date but if it's well supported after launch and gets a good reception it'll have room to grow. Rainbow Six Siege has grown quite a bit over time.

Top Bottom